Best Movie Ever Saw in Theater?

• Customizer

Guys,

Since I’m slightly older than some of you I’m gonna “pull rank on ya”.

Back in 1970 when I was 12 years old, my Dad, a WW2 vet who is a big Patton fan and saw him in person twice, took me to see
    Patton

In my opinion Patton is without a doubt the greatest military movie ever made on many, counts. Although the movie was rated “R” for military violence and some “D*mns” in the dialog, I was able to experience this epic with my Dad and older brothers. The theater had a Jeep and several displays out front honoring this great American leader.

Although I was only a “kid” at the time, you must realize that this took place towards the end of the unpopular Viet Nam War.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

IL,

@Imperious:

Midway back in 1975’ ish…with something called ‘Sensurround’ which caused the theater to shake when battles ensued.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensurround

My best friend at the time & I saw Midway. We sat in the very front row with the giant
    15-foot wide sensurround speakers they set up being only about 4-5 feet away, but slightly to the side. The best part of the whole movie was how it started with Doolittle’s
    B-25 Mitchells starting up their roaring radial engines before blasting off the carrier Hornet. My entire body was shaking, inside & out, from the sensurround “experience”. WOW,…what a memory!

“Tall Paul”

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@frimmel:

@Gargantua:

You realize they are remaking Wrath of Khan right?

Benedict Cumberbatch   …    Khan (rumored)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

After the travesty (both cinematic and Trek sense wise) that was the first Star Trek movie directed by Abrams I don’t much give a toss. Orci and Kurtzman are writing again and at this point are well established as barely competent purveyors of product cinema. I’ll be missing that one.

It is a shame to because I’ve become an enormous fan of Cumberbatch’s version of Holmes in the BBC “Sherlock” series. Brilliant stuff.

Amen and Amen. For whatever else we disagree on, Frim and I are in accord on this.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

My best theater viewing experience had to be LOTR: The Return of the King.

It is probably the best movie I have ever seen, and moved me in so many ways. Man… it was thrilling and saddening… I cried a lot during that movie. And do tear up every time I watch it.

Star Wars Episode III was a close second. It was a great cinematic experience and the capstone of a great movie franchise, even if it had some flaws. The excitement for the events of that film were greater for me than any other I have seen.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Oh man, “Black Hawk Down!”

The theatre AC was so cold for some reason and I couldn’t stop shaking when they where going into “the Moag”  When that first Little Bird touched down, I was shaking so bad from hypothermia and anticipation, that I had to walk around the aisle a couple of times.  That might make people nervous these days.  Best movie ever!

imagesCA86JIO4.jpg

• Sponsor

“The Doors”

Starring Val Kilmer, Directed by Oliver Stone, all by myself in an empty theater high on acid.

Awesome movie, awesome experience!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m