Antarctic ozone hole biggest ever RECORDED…

• “Ozone depletion data” (in quotes for a reason)
    has only existed for 15 years. The Earth has existed for 4.5 billion years.

The basis for the “greenhouse” theory was based on data collected
    by Nasa landings on Venus.

I find it very difficult to beleive that Humams could be responsible for
    global warming etc when the so called “causes” of it have only been around for 250 some odd years, (remember the earth is really, really old and has survived things like comets hitting it… etc,) Causes here being the industrial revolution.

Let’s take California. The smog there is unbeleivable. Has the most stringent emission control requirement in the country stopped it?
    No. Fixed it? No.

Are there very dirty places on the earth spewing toxic filth all over the place?
    Yes.

Should they be cleaned up?
    Yes definitely and the sooner the better. The Superfund
    was created specifically for that reason. Can anyone tell me if the
    origianl 200 some odd cleanup sights have all been cleared up?
    Can our environmentalist friends guarentee that the Superfund is always spent on just the superfund?

Should the US sign th Kyoto accord, when it would be the only
    country that would be punished for violating it?
    NFW.

Why, in the Kyoto accords, aren’t China, India, Japan, Russia
    and other former USSR countries, held to the same standard
    as the US?

• @sherman28:

“Ozone depletion data” (in quotes for a reason)
    has only existed for 15 years. The Earth has existed for 4.5 billion years.

i held my first “talk” in high school on that topic more than 15 years ago.

I find it very difficult to beleive that Humams could be responsible for global warming etc when the so called “causes” of it have only been around for 250 some odd years, (remember the earth is really, really old and has survived things like comets hitting it… etc,) Causes here being the industrial revolution.

Well, we have done a lot of changes to the environment in that period, and for some we didn’t even need that much time.
    None of those changes i am thinking of does have the impact of the ozone depletion though.
    As well, are you sure you don’t mix up two topics here: ozone and global warming? They are different, with different results and outcomes.

Let’s take California. The smog there is unbeleivable. Has the most stringent emission control requirement in the country stopped it?
    No. Fixed it? No.

How has the number of polluters evolved?
    Even if each single polluter spits out only half the dirt, a doubled number makes that up.

Can anyone tell me if the
    origianl 200 some odd cleanup sights have all been cleared up?
    Can our environmentalist friends guarentee that the Superfund is always spent on just the superfund?

Can i place a bet that Janus will not complain that you use too many rethoric questions :) ;) ?

Should the US sign th Kyoto accord, when it would be the only
    country that would be punished for violating it?
    NFW.

Why, in the Kyoto accords, aren’t China, India, Japan, Russia
    and other former USSR countries, held to the same standard
    as the US?

They are. It’s not the former USSR countries fault (in this sense) that the USSR itself and all the industry in it broke down.
    And the US would not be the only country that would be punished. Remember, you have lots of forests, and could buy yourself free of the need to reduce pollution.

Whoever told you the above cleary is against the Kyoto protocol and wants you to believe him. Do it if you want, but then answer me who is the bigger fool: the fool or the one that follows that fool.

Both of 'em are fools! :)

• speak for me again falk, and ill cut you :wink:

• '19 Moderator

@F_alk:

Even if each single polluter spits out only half the dirt, a doubled number makes that up.

Actualy I read in the paper that the population of California has decreased in the last year.

I don’t know if that is in LA or not though.

@Janus1:

speak for me again falk, and ill cut you

LMAO

• @dezrtfish:

@F_alk:

Actualy I read in the paper that the population of California has decreased in the last year.

But, has the number of cars? etc. etc.
    And of course, the economic “breakdown” just happened, its effects probably will show up in the next (or later) years statistics.

And Janus: That just had to be ;) :)?

• @F_alk:

@dezrtfish:

@F_alk:

But, has the number of cars? etc. etc.
    And of course, the economic “breakdown” just happened, its effects probably will show up in the next (or later) years statistics.

Well, in the car example, if there’s less people, there should theoretically be less cars being driven. Otherwise, it’s possible they could be polluting more.

• @Grigoriy:

Well, in the car example, if there’s less people, there should theoretically be less cars being driven. Otherwise, it’s possible they could be polluting more.

Not really, that assumes that there is a “saturated” kind of situation.
    Look at China: This is not saturated. Even the the population is now under control, more and more people wish to have and drive cars.

But, surely we could assume that California has a very different situation, being closer to this “saturation”.

• Last time, I checked there were 30+ million cars in California. But I think the population of California is ever-increasing – not decreasing.

• @TG:

Last time, I checked there were 30+ million cars in California. But I think the population of California is ever-increasing – not decreasing.

And what is CA’s population? Also to take into account are the number of people of legal driving status.

according to the official CA state site 2001 Population count was:34,735,000

the closest tey know now is: 34,488,000…

Growing? yes
    Mushrooming? I’m not sure…

maybe it’s wrong stats…

• Very well, approx 35 million people and 30 million cars, and given that not all people have need for a car and/or use a car, I would guess that the cars/people situation in CA is near saturation.

• according to the official CA state site 2001 Population count was:34,735,000

the closest tey know now is: 34,488,000…

Growing? yes
    Mushrooming? I’m not sure…

That’s true, but if you count illegals, you can get anywhere up to 40 million.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m