• '22 '21 '16 '15

Hello after a few looks on the new setup i thought this could be a good move.
    G1:
    Buys 1ac, 1dd, 1sub
    Combat moves:
    Sz111 with 3tacs,3figs and 1sub
    Sz 106 with 2subs
    Sz 91 with 2subs
    France with 7inf, 3art, 2figs, 2tacs and 2strats
    Take fin and bul and shot one round at yug and retreat to rom
    Move all tanks and mechs and the rest to the border. The 3 tanks from bel can only get to berlin but they are in range for the T2 attack.
    The Italians could strat bomb ukr in T1 to support the action.
    Any oppinions on that?
    I know its risky but 9 tanks and many inf and art are a strong argument for me.

• 1. You can only retreat to Romania if at least 1 unit came from Romania…
    2. Sounds like you aren’t sending enough to France and are setting yourself up for either distracting Italy up in Paris, or really bad losses.

• You still need to take London,

By round 4 at the latest (thats when USA is going to start moving)

First round buys you suggested were my exact thoughts however, i think its a solid purchase.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

Is it really necessary to get London? I thought with convoy raiding and strat bombing I get the same result (weak England) with cheaper units

• That is my firm belief,

you will get much more money from from taking London that convoy raiding (this is a fact)
    I you take London you get his cash upfront (~30IPC) + the income, and you can build enough INF on London to hold USA from retaking for a little while.

If you dont take it you only are going to get a maximum of the income of london from convoy raids, And it wont take USA long to run your subs off
    And if UK doesn’t need to defend from sealion it is going to crush Italy in africa the med and the middle east.

By the time you take moscow both UK and USA are going to be to big to hold back from retaking france, but taking london first should give you the added cash to hold them off while you push (slowly) to moscow

You never want to trade territories with USSR this i know (any allied power really)

I really would like someone to explain a successful axis victory where Germany does not take london (early Barbarossa instead) in alpha +3 (vs atleast a have decent allied player)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I really would like someone to explain a successful axis victory where Germany does not take london (early Barbarossa instead) in alpha +3 (vs atleast a have decent allied player)

Superior playstyle, and focus on the economic game.

If you can get the income balance to equal, or even just a handful of IPC’s in your favour, time is on your side.  This in conjunction with GOOD prevention of the capture of Gibraltar, and a Russian campaign where you force the reds to attack you will do the trick.

The end goal, is to be forcing the Americans to never have enough to spend in EITHER theatre,  eventually the allied back will break, and you’ll continue widdling them away.

Axis Air Superiority is key.

• @Uncrustable:

If you dont take it you only are going to get a maximum of the income of london from convoy raids

Uncrustable, I’m not exctly sure what you mean by that but just to be clear, you do not get any IPCs from convoy raiding.  The other side may lose IPCs but you do not “raid” them in the sense of you stealing them.

• @Vance:

@Uncrustable:

If you dont take it you only are going to get a maximum of the income of london from convoy raids

Uncrustable, I’m not exctly sure what you mean by that but just to be clear, you do not get any IPCs from convoy raiding.  The other side may lose IPCs but you do not “raid” them in the sense of you stealing them.

Yeah i meant that lol
    Point is you get lots of money from taking London and in not taking London you get none but can atleast take some away from them via convoy raids.

And Gargantua: Yes no matter what you do you may still win vs an inferior opponent this much should be obvious ffs

2 Players at roughly equal skill levels per the argument please.

If the Allied player is as Godly at A&A as you are and you dont take London and instead go for early Barbarossa, i dont see the alled player losing (pretending neither of you make any mistakes and the dice is not extrememly favoring one player all game)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Let me word things differntly for you then.

The fall of the middle east, and winning the economic game, in my opinion, is a more viable option, than Sea-Lion with the latest setup.  Especially if you can force the Russians to attack YOUR stacks in the east.

By managing air power with maximum efficiency, even against an equally skilled opponent, you can secure the W this way.

• @Gargantua:

Let me word things differntly for you then.

The fall of the middle east, and winning the economic game, in my opinion, is a more viable option, than Sea-Lion with the latest setup.  Especially if you can force the Russians to attack YOUR stacks in the east.

By managing air power with maximum efficiency, even against an equally skilled opponent, you can secure the W this way.

Thankyou lol this explains it better
    I will probably try this in the near future

• Robson,
        This looks good, Sealion and Barbarossa are still possible. On G2 you could buy 5-8 transports and then use them on U.K. or send them to Russia on G3. From 112 you can go North to Russia or in the Baltic, or still use them on the U.K… Then theres always Gibraltar
        So with that purchase do you still dictate what U.K. buy’s
        Go for the big money in the middle East, when you can out spend your opponents and collect more than they do…… you might just get lucky with the dice too
        Try it and good luck

• Sponsor

@Robson:

Hello after a few looks on the new setup i thought this could be a good move.
    G1:
    Buys 1ac, 1dd, 1sub
    Combat moves:
    Sz111 with 3tacs,3figs and 1sub
    Sz 106 with 2subs
    Sz 91 with 2subs
    France with 7inf, 3art, 2figs, 2tacs and 2strats
    Take fin and bul and shot one round at yug and retreat to rom
    Move all tanks and mechs and the rest to the border. The 3 tanks from bel can only get to berlin but they are in range for the T2 attack.
    The Italians could strat bomb ukr in T1 to support the action.
    Any oppinions on that?
    I know its risky but 9 tanks and many inf and art are a strong argument for me.

Your purchases are good, but only if you want a large war of attrition in the Atlantic (because you are leaving 110 and 109 alone). I like your sea battle options, but I would also add taking out the french ships in the Med with 1 tac and 2 fighters from west Germany (landing in southern Italy).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m