Any news on reprint of both games ? Im hesitant to buy copies currently ><

• @JimmyHat:

Perhaps, I am from Iowa which always tests among the highest in the nation.  I also live in college town.  I expect my fellow humans to have achieved the basics on education, its a fault of mine.  BTW they have classes on how to use spellchecker if you need help.

oh i see , So i guess having 1 spelling error makes someone fail their “basic human test” , oh so you Do share the same ideology as a certain German political group back in the 1940’s lol Your right , its not your fault people dont live up to your standard doesnt deserve any right to post or anything .

BTW , BTW is not English lol just so you know , you know since your so hard on with these type of things  , oh yeah also they have “how not to behave like A hole” (btw A hole isnt a word either lol) here in Sydney , you know if you need help or anything lol

Cheers and lets all move on from this idiotic conversation on whos the “better human” XD and get back on topic

Now on topic :

For some reason , some of the errors that others stated are not present in my version of pacific (example i have 6 jap tac bombers etc) , so maybe there was a 1.5 print during production ?

• '12

6 is the wrong amount.  There were supposed to be 9.  Or did you mean you did not have the “I only got 6” problem?

• @moralecheck:

6 is the wrong amount.  There were supposed to be 9.  Or did you mean you did not have the “I only got 6” problem?

oh really ? cause i thought people were saying they had 0 , so 6 is actually less >< sigh , then i guess its a problem to my copy too ><

PS: i just bought One  extra copy of both (pacific and Europe) for a fair price of 67 Au each (finally found a place that still has stock lol lucky) , well at least i should have enough game models / parts to play global game right ? (as well as colored chips )

• '12

Another error in Pac40 was the battlestrip. It is reprinted from AA42.  So it has a german roundel and lacks mech inf and tac bomber markings.  WOTC had a fix kit for the tacs and the strips for a while, not sure if they still do.  The fix kit included a new strip and 6 Tacs, the extra 3 were a bonus to make up for the error.

• Sponsor

The amount of gray chips provided should also be seen as an error, regardless of the solution suggested that we pillage our old games for more…. Which is a rediculus solution as a consumer.

• @Young:

The amount of gray chips provided should also be seen as an error, regardless of the solution suggested that we pillage our old games for more…. Which is a rediculus solution as a consumer.

ive actually played my first game of global tonight , though didnt finish the game , we really started to feel the lack of grey chips lol humm……well at least i know i have 2 more set games worth of parts coming in soon XD

• Are the grey chips that HBG offers exact matches? Meaning, do they stack properly? I ask because the new chips in 1940 don’t stack with my old ones. Thanks.

• '12

@Kriegsspiel:

Are the grey chips that HBG offers exact matches? Meaning, do they stack properly? I ask because the new chips in 1940 don’t stack with my old ones. Thanks.

Really???  To my knowledge, all AA chips from Classic to today were squirted from the same mold.  Yes, HBG’s work fine.  Which game has your mismatching chips?

• Wizards of the coast just sent me 6 Tact.'s. It’s nice to not have to use chips or an Italian Tact. to set up.  You would think that every game would come with money, chips, and no card board cut outs for factories and A.A. guns Just my opinion.
      What ever happened to the person who was  I think it was “bad speller” or something like that
      I left out the first R in surprise attack just to see if any one would notice or when they responded if they spelled it correctly or spelled it the way I wrote it
    ALL INPUTS ARE IMPORTANT
    I don’t think Jimmy Hat meant to be a Jerk
    Keep posting from down under

• @moralecheck:

@Kriegsspiel:

Are the grey chips that HBG offers exact matches? Meaning, do they stack properly? I ask because the new chips in 1940 don’t stack with my old ones. Thanks.

Really???  To my knowledge, all AA chips from Classic to today were squirted from the same mold.  Yes, HBG’s work fine.  Which game has your mismatching chips?

1984-87 (white ones) do not work with the new chips (gray ones). They don’t interlock/stack correctly. I made the mistake of ordering a 1987 parts lot off of ebay and found out the hard way.

• Sponsor

Another error in Pac40 was the battlestrip. It is reprinted from AA42.  So it has a german roundel and lacks mech inf and tac bomber markings.  WOTC had a fix kit for the tacs and the strips for a while, not sure if they still do.  The fix kit included a new strip and 6 Tacs, the extra 3 were a bonus to make up for the error.

They still ship 'em out. I received mine just a month ago.

• @Mountaineer:

They still ship 'em out. I received mine just a month ago.

how do you approach them ? just send them an email ? how do you prove you bought a copy ?

• @whitewolfmxc:

how do you approach them ? just send them an email ? how do you prove you bought a copy ?

I just called them and asked for the extra Jap tac bombers and the replacement battlestrip  (this was just a few weeks ago.)  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address and email.  It was a very friendly conversation, not an interrogation.  I would expect an email or web based query asking for these specific items would be handled promptly as well.

They sent 6 new Jap tac bombers and the battlestrip, no charge.  The extra tac bombers really helped in the game as I had a rather large carrier force to counter a combined US/Anzac build up…plus my ground based tacs pounding China and Burma.  So I was able to retire the Russian fighters from the 1942 A&A game that had been sitting in as tac bombers.

You asked earlier about a thread for 1940 AAP, this is the post I put together for just that purpose:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26041.0  It doesn’t include any further Global updates for AAP, rather it addresses AAP as a stand alone.  There are newer scramble and tech rules and such in Global, but I have no idea whether or not they should be included in AAP.  I consider it frozen in adolescence until a major update is made…

• Okay, my previous post was flagged as spam, probably because it included a link to this forum (apparently that is some sort of major no-no.)  Fix this bullshit moderators.  Either that or actually review posts and approve them rather than leaving them in limbo forever for no f’ing reason as seems to be the norm here.  Calling someone a spammer for trying to actually be helpful just really pisses me off.  And those are the nicest words I can use at the moment, after toning it down several times.

Here is the 2nd try, minus the link:
    I just called them (WOC) and asked for the extra Jap tac bombers and the replacement battlestrip  (this was just a few weeks ago.)  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address and email.  It was a very friendly conversation, not an interrogation.  I would expect an email or web based query asking for these specific items would be handled promptly as well.

They sent 6 new Jap tac bombers and the battlestrip, no charge.  The extra tac bombers really helped in the game as I had a rather large carrier force to counter a combined US/Anzac build up…plus my ground based tacs pounding China and Burma.  So I was able to retire the Russian fighters from the 1942 A&A game that had been sitting in as tac bombers.

You asked earlier about a thread for 1940 AAP, this is the post I put together for just that purpose:  (Link to the AAP 40 forum removed to get past the bullshit spam filter.  You should be able to see the link scrolling through the topic summary if you try to reply.)  It doesn’t include any further Global updates for AAP, rather it addresses AAP as a stand alone.  There are newer scramble and tech rules and such in Global, but I have no idea whether or not they should be included in AAP.  I consider it frozen in adolescence until a major update is made to the AAP 40 FAQ.

• @Red:

Okay, my previous post was flagged as spam, probably because it included a link to this forum (apparently that is some sort of major no-no.)  Fix this bullshit moderators.  Either that or actually review posts and approve them rather than leaving them in limbo forever for no f’ing reason as seems to be the norm here.  Calling someone a spammer for trying to actually be helpful just really pisses me off.  And those are the nicest words I can use at the moment, after toning it down several times.

Here is the 2nd try, minus the link:
    I just called them (WOC) and asked for the extra Jap tac bombers and the replacement battlestrip  (this was just a few weeks ago.)  They didn’t ask for anything other than my address and email.  It was a very friendly conversation, not an interrogation.  I would expect an email or web based query asking for these specific items would be handled promptly as well.

They sent 6 new Jap tac bombers and the battlestrip, no charge.  The extra tac bombers really helped in the game as I had a rather large carrier force to counter a combined US/Anzac build up…plus my ground based tacs pounding China and Burma.   So I was able to retire the Russian fighters from the 1942 A&A game that had been sitting in as tac bombers.

You asked earlier about a thread for 1940 AAP, this is the post I put together for just that purpose:  (Link to the AAP 40 forum removed to get past the bullshit spam filter.  You should be able to see the link scrolling through the topic summary if you try to reply.)  It doesn’t include any further Global updates for AAP, rather it addresses AAP as a stand alone.  There are newer scramble and tech rules and such in Global, but I have no idea whether or not they should be included in AAP.  I consider it frozen in adolescence until a major update is made to the AAP 40 FAQ.

thank you very much for you effort to help answer the questions here , i personally appreciate post like these , and matter of fact think ill email them to see if i can get the extra planes for my two copies of pacific XD

cheers mate

• Now if we could just get them to include more US subs.  I’ve had to pilfer my A&AE game for US subs because for some reason for a few games US has mass produced subs to squash Japan.

• @JimmyHat:

Now if we could just get them to include more US subs.  I’ve had to pilfer my A&AE game for US subs because for some reason for a few games US has mass produced subs to squash Japan.

wait really ? which box was it missing from ? (pacific i assume ?) how many was suppose to be there ? dam i need to start making an inventory of parts i got lol

EDIT: oh you mean they should have included more lol i guess , does US need a lot ? never really saw them use subs much , mostly just surface warships and planes lol

• The US has god awful amounts of money, and if any nation wants to flood the seas with subs its going to be the US.

I can’t say its been a winning strategy yet though, it was usually under the US Pacific strat where the fleet clears the Japs and then a few subs move in to keep them down.

• TripleA '12

I held off on buying AAP40 & AAE40 originally due to all the errors that came with them. However, if WOTC do end up reprinting both games then I will defninitely buy them.

• None of the errors really ever bothered me. I don’t really see why missprints are that big of a deal. I just took the game and played it with my friends. So far we have not had any piece shortages but you never know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m