• Sponsor

In my opinion, the best turn #1 purchases are……

$30-Germany - 1 aircraft carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 submarine
    $37-Soviet Union - 9 infantry, 1 fighter
    $26-Japan - 3 transports, 1 artillery, $1 saved
    $52-United States - 1 battleship, 2 aircraft carriers
    $12-China - 4 infantry
    $28-UK (London) - 6 infantry, 1 fighter
    $17-UK (Calcutta) - 4 infantry, 1 AA gun
    $10-Italy - 1 fighter
    $10-ANZAC - 1 transport, 1 infantry
    $19-France - (just for fun) 1 aircraft carrier (93), 1 infantry (F)

What are yours?

• i like buying with germans 1 AC, 1 sub and 1 transport
    you save one, and you take south.france and the usual (not normandy) first round; then you have 70 for 10 new transports.

• That’s a solid purchase list.

If germany clearly prepares Sea-Lion:
    RUS: 7 inf + 1 art + 1 bomber (the range gives a lot of options on all fronts early on, and those russian bombers are so biiiig)
    UK: all inf (3 inf defend better than 1 fighter)
    US: atlantic subs, probably a destroyer. but will vary from game to game.

if germany clearly prepares Barbarossa:
    RUS: probably some inf + some art + fighter
    UK: depends on the outcome of the naval battles, but still defensive at first (beware the hidden sea-lion!). And air force (which is defensive as well, so hey)
    US: also depends on the situation, but probably pacific ships.

France: 3 subs :D

the others, about the same as above, i think

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Everyone seems to forget that taking southern france on G1 only produces 1 IPC

F A I L

The best purchase for an F1 is a minor in FIC + sub to protect French Madagascar later.

• France 1 buy is 1 battleship and they promise they will pay you the $1 they owe you next round.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

The best purchase for an F1 is a minor in FIC + sub to protect French Madagascar later.

The speculation of a turn #1 purchase for France was based on the assumtion that the Germans didn’t bring in enough G1 and/or the French units in Paris got lucky. Therefore, it would be safe to assume that the Germans won’t make the same mistake turn #2, and the loss of Paris would surly make that new factory in FIC a haunted house. Of course, this is all fun and dreams, but if Germany did ever lose the Paris battle G1, is it game over?

• Sponsor

@Vance:

France 1 buy is 1 battleship and they promise they will pay you the $1 they owe you next round.

Maybe, but you can’t land British fighters on a battleship.

• also a battleship is just abit too expensive for the french :)

• Hence the joke.

Kids these days…  Obvioulsy the best french purchase is 5 infantry and 1 artillery.  Stick it to em!

• @Gargantua:

Everyone seems to forget that taking southern france on G1 only produces 1 IPC

….Which is exactly why he said to save one on G1.

Derp.

WRONG.  He also says he doesn’t take Normandy, and Knowing Frontovik he skips through Yugoslavia, leaving him without enough.

FOOL.

• Sponsor

@Frontovik:

i like buying with germans 1 AC, 1 sub and 1 transport
    you save one, and you take south.france and the usual (not normandy) first round; then you have 70 for 10 new transports.

Who says not taking Normandy is “a usual move”?... the one time I didn’t take Normandy G1… I regreted it.

• Alright Garg if you’re going to talk like that, I’m going to have to ask you to sit your ass down and do some arithmetic with me.  You can use your fingers if you like.   :lol:

30 original TT
       +
    4 France
       +
    1 Southern France
       +
    2 Yugoslavia
       +
    2 Finland
       +
    1 Bulgaria
       +
    19 plunder
       +
    1 saved
       +
    10 NOs

Is
    30 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 19 + 1 + 10 =

DRUMROLL

70 IPCS

Now please feel free to think a bit before you post.  Feel free to use a calculator, there’s no shame in that.

• @Gargantua:

WRONG.  He also says he doesn’t take Normandy, and Knowing Frontovik he skips through Yugoslavia, leaving him without enough.

FOOL.

Nice job editing your post though, to cover that mistake.

There’s no “Knowing Frontovik.”
    It’s pretty safe to assume that a player that’s planning for a Sealion will be getting Yugoslavia.

I’ll say it again.

Derp.

Nice try.

HAHAHAHA :D :D :D :D :D

• Gotcha this time!  :lol:

Yea… I Just wanted to talk some smack.  HOWEVER there is a Singular truth.

This only applies to GLOBAL  in Europe you lose the -2 for France…  This is what spawned my original thought - as my last game I only scavenged 17 from France!

• @Gargantua:

Yea… I Just wanted to talk some smack.  HOWEVER there is a Singular truth.

This only applies to GLOBAL  in Europe you lose the -2 for France…  This is what spawned my original thought - as my last game I only scavenged 17 from France!

But… if France conquers North Italy, their income goes up with 4, no? That would make 21 IPC! Et voila!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m