• Let me start by saying that I checked the forum rules and I dont think this is Verboten but if it is I apologize.

Does any one have any rules for imbibing while playing Axis&Allies? Perhapse some of us have a routine of what or how much we imbibe when playing? Perhapse some of us have stories of how playing games while imbibing turned out? Anyone?  :-D

• Sponsor

Sorry, but I don’t know that word, what do you mean?

• ehhhm… you mean full bladder thinking?

• thank you mantlefan, I didnt think that would need clarification  :-D

• Something like take a drink for each SBR damage done to you:)

• Maybe something like having a specific drink for each country (vodka for the Soviets, Sake for Japan ect) and to take a shot each time you lose a territory.

• @Clyde85:

Maybe something like having a specific drink for each country (vodka for the Soviets, Sake for Japan ect) and to take a shot each time you lose a territory.

Russian comrades are going to get very very drunk…

• @Hobbes:

Russian comrades are going to get very very drunk…

I think thats the point, and it would also add a bit of realism and historical accurecy to the game!  :lol:

• Ok, so since the Mods havent deleted this I assume that we can talk about this,

here are some rule ideas,
    First: each country should have its own drink, which I touched on earlier. My thoughts would be; Russia-Vodka, Japan-Sake, Britian-Brandy, USA-Whiskey, Germany-Jaegermister(other ideas?) Italy&France-Red wine, ANZAC-Fosters?, China-???.

The Second idea would be under what conditions the commanders have to drink. Now I mentioned taking a shot each time you lose a territory, however as some one pointed out certian commanders would get very drunk very quickly, so perhapse we should come up with other conditions. I like the idea of drinking each time you got SBR or for each point of damage you take in a SBR. Again, same problem as before, some commanders would get very drunk and other wouldnt get to drink at all. Maybe a better idea would be having a commander take a shot each time he lost a VC and a bigger drink if he loses his capital.

• France should be Cognac or perhaps champagne.

• Customizer

No way!  The German drink should be Schnapps.

• with a beer chaser das is gut ja:)

• @JimmyHat:

France should be Cognac or perhaps champagne.

I’d recommend Calvados from the Normandy region.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This wouldn’t be fair… the british would drink tea!

• @Gargantua:

This wouldn’t be fair… the british would drink tea!

Oh come come now, we all know that Churchills infamous slured speech didnt come from hitting the earl gray to hard!  :-D

• No doubt.  The UK is all gin, all the time.

• We’re all 18 so our rules is one shot for every turn France collects income.

• @McMan:

We’re all 18 so our rules is one shot for every turn France collects income.

I hope thats code for saying “not at all” because if you live in the states that would be illegal.

So lets see, have we reached a consensus on what each country should use?
    USA: Whiskey (can we be brand specific here?)
    USSR: Vodka (brands dont really matter here but i’d have to recommend the "Hammer&Sickle, just for Haw-Haws)  :-D
    UK: Gin ( I think is the consensus) idealy the Beefeater brand for obvious reasons, though i’d strongly recommend a mixer
    France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?
    ANZAC:…? I would think stick them with the same as the UK, but maybe not? Maybe Brandy? Fosters is a little to obvious and is also beer not a liquor (we can do a seprate list for beers)
    China: I heard Tsingtao (or Qingdao in Chinese) but as we’re going with a liquor theme here let me reccomend Er-guo-tou a Chinese rice I have had the pleasure (or misfortune some would say) of having drank http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Er_guo_tou
    Germany: Schnapps? or Jaegermister? I’d go with Schanpps (picking flavor to individuals taste)
    Japan: Sake obviously
    Italy:…um? Im going with red wine here, unless someone can present a better liquor option.
    So here is the offical 21+ A&A Liquor list. Next we’ll work on a beer list and then we’ll figure out some hard and fast rules to play by.  :-D

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

ANZAC:…?   -  Fosters,  Australian for BEER!

France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?  - NAPOLEAN BRANDY!  Come on!

And the US Whisky, has to be Jack Daniels!

• @Gargantua:

ANZAC:…?    -  Fosters,  Australian for BEER!

Which will work for the Beer list that we’ll sort out next, for those who dont like to, or rather arent insane enough, to play with hard alcohol.
    @Gargantua:

France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?  - NAPOLEAN BRANDY!  Come on!

I havent heard of this brand before, but given the liklihood that France will have very little to do after a while I suppose you could do either or
    @Gargantua:

And the US Whisky, has to be Jack Daniels!

My feelings excatly!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m