Gargantua (Allies) vs Commander Jennifer (Axis) Russia Test

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

My problem is that in my opinion she is being dishonest, and that’s bad play that deserves retribution.

She says it’s a mistake/oversight.  That’s a plain lie.  I HATE being lied to, the evidence shows it’s a concious BAD MOVE.  She won’t admit it.  Jen likes to dig her heels in, on the most inane and insane items, and I won’t give her quarter, she’ll never “lie down” so to speak.  And she caught it too late.

I have a F2F policy that I don’t re-write history  Ask Canuck 12…. when either purchases have been made, or dice have been rolled - It’s too late.  I apply that here.  And expect no less than the same standard.

If you want a “friendly game” then start a new one, with the title friendly game.

To even entertain Jen’s request, we have to ditch Japanese turn, and then I have to reconsider my entire Russian move, and purchase because of the adjustments she wants to make.  Why is that my problem?  And then she gets to re-move all of her Japanese pieces? And roll new dice?  What the hell?

Say her Japanese dice were ABYSMAL.  And this stunt gets pulled, then what?  then I’m inclined to do it, because I get more pieces on the board?  No, that would be bad form on my part.

The Policy is,  history doesn’t get rewritten.  And the whole concept of this being a “test” is news to me.  Someone threw the glove on the table, this is a fight to the death over bragging rights.  So this one counts.

If you honestly feel I’m being unjust, call it a rule/policy draw, because we clearly have a different understanding of how the game should be played, and go and start the whole game over…  It’s the only way to be fair and sure.

This option has only been presented to me, in the form of “I have to admit defeat”  which is horse dung, and MORE dishonest play.  I’ve made a single national move, and my opponents total lack of oversight and regard is being marketed as my problem?

Look at the position I have been put in, Axisplaya, and tell me that’s reasonable?  By the way, I’m going to move units from 2 turns ago, after your move, but before your next, and will re roll some dice, that are more convienient than others to re roll.  And if you don’t like it, you can choose to lose.

Junk.

Well Jen?  What are we doing with the ball?

1. I post America etc - whats done is done.  We move forward.

2. You state that there is a misunderstanding of policy, and consider the game Null + Void, starting a “new one” with your correct movements. With the Title “friendly” included.

3. Conceed.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The two infantry moving from Denmark to W. Germany didn’t get copy pasted.  I add in the cash count after I paste in, since I type quickly.  I dont need to reference the map to make sure I get the country names correct when counting my money since it really does not matter, just what NO you are getting and there are few of those with simple names, unlike some of those Mongolian countries.

Figured in the interests of fair play, I’d also ask for a couple fighters and a tactical or two to be moved over.  It only dawned on me later you might be renegging because you thought I wanted to scramble them for your Battleship, so I mentioned that I promise not to scramble them.  Of course, you could have used that against me by sending only minimal equipment to SZ 112 and the rest for W. Germany, but instead, you decided to be a real jerk about it and DUG YOUR HEELS IN. (Might want to look in a mirror before accusing someone else.)

Fine, you have your policy.  Even though the change has had NO EFFECT on any of your moves, you want it to stand.  I have my policies too, and I’ll be glad to hit you with them when you cause an infraction. (Not that you posted your policy, so why should I post mine?)

Bad dice re-dos are only with one specific opponent and only because we’ve been playing for quite a while and both realize it is a friendly game and we want to have fun.  Getting 33 out of 38 hits with attacking infantry is really no fun for anyone, so we have a mulligan policy.  I’ve never asked you for a die reroll, despite you stating that I want it…

I think you are very dishonest.  The Russian move had no bearing on W. Germany.  How could it?  There is literally NOTHING I can see that would need to be changed on the German front.  What I think you WANT to change is to move all your infantry to Amur since I didn’t attack it heavily.  That’s what I really think you want, but you don’t want to admit that.  England has not gone, America, Australia nor China have gone…and only England could possibly have been effected by what happens in W. Germany.

Fine, you want it to stand, it stands.  I will consider your inflexibility to be an admittance that you cannot possibly win the game if you don’t have this attack.  It must be why you are fighting so hard.  I mean, generally, I allow people to rectify mistakes (as long as it does not seriously hurt me, like making me continue an attack after they correct their units in the place being attacked, etc.)  I am usually very happy to allow people to place units up to a round after their turn ended, or correct their cash, or whatever.  I guess, in this game, we have to use Tournament Rules.  (ie I have to be an ass and call you out on every possible infraction which is annoying and stupid.)

Will you post America already?  Or are you going to give up and say my original argument is right:  Against Germany, Italy and Japan, if Russia gets no help what-so-ever from the allied nations (England, America, Australia) it will die.  You know, the only reason we’re actually playing this game?

Correct, what is done is done.  I’ll be watching for mistakes, and I’m sure others will be glad to point them out to me as well.  There’ve already been more than a few PMs saying you’re just being a jerk because you know you will lose if you dont make this attack.

Go with America, or are you giving up?

It’ll be another 3 hours before I can post.

renegging

I can’t possibly be renegging, if I haven’t made a committment or a promise?

What I think you WANT to change is to move all your infantry to Amur since I didn’t attack it heavily.

For the record, I don’t want anything but to continue, I’m not advocating moving ANY of my pieces AFTER my moves, I’m happy with them just as they are, because I moved them accordingly.

If you really want to know the problem, I’ll tell you EXACTLY what my problem is.  With your aircraft moved, I’d have been tempted to attack your fleet of aircraft in Holland. with at minimum 2 infantry, 2 bombards, maybe planes.  And building a Russian Navy (because it would survive) (I made a promise to Larry to try a strategy we discussed in a game). I am aware you would consider this suicide, irrelevant, I’d look at the numbers first.

However, you put ALL of your planes in HOLLAND, which removed the possibility of attacking said territory with any reasonable hope of victory, thus, no Russian navy, or Bomber (which was option 3)

My airforce also did NOT fly towards Japan because if you are going to keep all your planes, I’m going to need them closer to home, vs reducing hopefully, the German Airforce by a few planes, with the British troops.

thus the game becomes 2 totally different games, based on the premise of the changes you want to make, that’s why it’s unjust - because dice have been rolled, purchases made.

Make a new G1 if you don’t like it, it’s the only way we’re going to ungrudgingly see past this on an even keel.

And I don’t care what IL thinks…  DM would give this scenario a just judgement - and probably tell us to start a new game.

Per my comments above, America etc will be posted tonight.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=24740.15\

For A&A.org’s villain, you’re pretty friendly to play against…

I don’t know if it’s just me and you, but other players here don’t seem to be having similar problems?

Hey Hey Hey… wait.

I’m a Villian right?  So I’m allowed to be the bad guy, and I don’t care how I win!  Screw this fairness crap.

Yea… that’s a good point of view.

Eat it up.

• '10

@Gargantua:

Look at the position I have been put in, Axisplaya, and tell me that’s reasonable?

I’ve done that. I’ve downloaded every map of this thread, and the maps from her game with Jmite as well and then reread the whole thread.

You are right. You figured it out about her blunder in the Jmite game, and the simple copy from it without thinking much about it… She made a mistake, and she didn’t admit it in the first place, Ok.

But then what ?

I understand from your post 59 the reasons you don’t want to allow her planes to move. Okay.

But what’s the problem with simply just allowing this :
    2inf Den » Wger

Don’t you agree that taking Wger by walking in on UK1 is not suposed to happen, ever ?

Ok, i’ll leave you two guys now.

When i first saw this thread, i said to myself : " Yeah ! 2 of the most entertaining people of this site are going to figth each other (in a game lol). That’s going to be a great show !"
    So i grabbed my popcorn…

Hope you two can calm down and play a good game and have fun.

I really only care about the move for the sake of a fair test of the strategy, if it was just a play for fun game, as with JMite, I wouldnt even mention it.

But I already said, go if you want, change it if you want.  So are you quitting and granting that I win, or will you be making a move during the rest of my life time?

• @Gargantua:

(I made a promise to Larry to try a strategy we discussed in a game).

What the heck?  You’re playing against Larry?  What’s the secret handshake on that one so I can get in on it. :lol:

Alright alright we’re going to continue.  And it’s going to be FUN.

And step I’mma step it up a notch.  I may or may NOT sake West Germany, we’ll just have to see.

@Gargantua:

Alright alright we’re going to continue.  And it’s going to be FUN.

And step I’mma step it up a notch.  I may or may NOT sake West Germany, we’ll just have to see.

I’d prefer it if you dont.  And I prefer it if you would…

• Commander Jennifer may be trying to cover up a bad mistake by saying it was a simple oversight but Gargantua you are being a dick about it.

This game could have been an interesting insight into how Russian can stand up to a properly coordinated Axis attack from all sides however now its just an ego game. This could have been informative but now it not only wont be, but it will be completely useless to the Alpha 3 playtesting process.

but Gargantua you are being a dick about it.

:D

• Don’t forget that you two love birds need to come to agreements about the Soviet/Japanese non-aggression pact that will be violated.

@aaron91:

Commander Jennifer may be trying to cover up a bad mistake by saying it was a simple oversight but Gargantua you are being a dick about it.

This game could have been an interesting insight into how Russian can stand up to a properly coordinated Axis attack from all sides however now its just an ego game. This could have been informative but now it not only wont be, but it will be completely useless to the Alpha 3 playtesting process.

Not landing fighters there was a simple mistake.  The Danes not getting their movement orders could be chalked up to bad weather…I dont know, the orders were given but not received.  Moot point.  JMite’s attack on W. Germany actually helped Germany out a bit, from what I can tell so far.  I think I adapted quite well there.  Of course, it would never be allowed again…(guarenteed by the fact I moved the movement order from the bottom of the NCM movement orders to the top.)

@gsh34:

Don’t forget that you two love birds need to come to agreements about the Soviet/Japanese non-aggression pact that will be violated.

We did.  He gets the Mongolians if I attack any border nation to Mongolia.  That’s SOP in my games.

Yup.

Sorry for any delays.  I’ve got guests in town that were supposed to leave last night… and are staying an extra day!

Guests and fish stink after 3 days…what my grandma used to tell me all the time…course, she never understood why I wanted an education and a job…

So you could post on AA.org all day and get paid.  That’s why.

@Gargantua:

So you could post on AA.org all day and get paid.  That’s why.

Aint teachin great?

So I get to see what you do with the Allies tomorrow?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m