In which version is Russia stronger against the Axis, A2 or A3?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Shadow, if you are bypassing the stacks, you must be going through Kansu because if you attack Mongolia without first invading Amur via Korea/Manchuria, then all neutrals go pro-Allies (Except the ones that are Pro-Axis of course).

Also, the new rule that is coming is that Mongolia goes Russian if you attack any Russian territory adjacent to any Mongolian one.  Makes more sense.  You might want to start assuming that to be true now, to prevent any mixups when game day comes.

• @Cmdr:

Shadow, if you are bypassing the stacks, you must be going through Kansu because if you attack Mongolia without first invading Amur via Korea/Manchuria, then all neutrals go pro-Allies (Except the ones that are Pro-Axis of course).

Yeah I know, I attack Amur with all 10 INF, ART, etc from Korea and Manchuria on J1.  Then on J2 Japan can go to Buryatia OR Ulaanbaatar.  Russia cannot stack 18 INF and block Japan anymore.

• @Cmdr:

Round 6, Russia surrenders.  Combined strength of the Italians, Germans and Japanese are too much.  Granted, mistakes were made with China.

Round 6 Moscow is taken? Who are you playing? B/c they suck. Edit (they could still be a great person, but sorry, they are still terrible ;))

@shadowguidex:

@Cmdr:

Yeah I know, I attack Amur with all 10 INF, ART, etc from Korea and Manchuria on J1.  Then on J2 Japan can go to Buryatia OR Ulaanbaatar.  Russia cannot stack 18 INF and block Japan anymore.

Ah, I had not seen that.  Good find!

@The:

@Cmdr:

Round 6, Russia surrenders.  Combined strength of the Italians, Germans and Japanese are too much.  Granted, mistakes were made with China.

Round 6 Moscow is taken? Who are you playing? B/c they suck. Edit (they could still be a great person, but sorry, they are still terrible ;))

It was not taken, the player surrendered.

• Ah… I see. I take it back then.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

@Cmdr:

@shadowguidex:

It’s not designed to kill the UK fleet, it’s designed to get UK chasing your subs al over the map, make them buy Destroyers, diffuse their fleet, and spread out. The longer you can keep UK chasing subs and building destroyers the better.  Germany needs to build Artillery on G1 not subs.

Agreed.

@Robson:

I know but with 3 subs in that zone who only hits the destroyer and the transporter it might work.
    The defender must take the transporter as his last casuality so the first hit get to the destroyer so you need only one hit from 3@2. The lost subs from this battle could easily replaced in turn 2.

Try 2 Submarines, 3 Fighters, 3 Tactical Bombers and a Strategic Bomber if you want to hit this zone.  You can couple it with 2 submarines to SZ 106 and get both British Transports if that is your aim.  This was my attack when setting up Sea Lion because it stopped any of the Canadian units from getting to London in time.

Thanks for the input, I see the problem clearer now.
    My aim were the british destroyer not the transporter.
    Perhaps I have to change the numers of attacking units.
    Do you think it is better to let one destroyer survive insted of the battleships?

Robson,

I cannot tell you which is better, to kill the transports or to kill the destroyers or to kill the battleships.  I do know you have to make decisions on what you are going to hit because you just dont have enough to kill it all in the first round.

I FEEL if you are going to try and get London early, then you really want to kill both those transports in the first round.  Perhaps get one of the two battleships as well (SZ 111 is easier than SZ 110 due ot the number of fighters that can scramble.)

I FEEL if you are going ot try and get Moscow early, then you really want to kill the cruiser in SZ 91 and at least one of the battleships, preferably both.  Other ships are gravy (like SZ 106.)

However, it is your game, play it your way.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

hm my aim is to weeken the british fleet and press hard to Russia from turn 2 on. I like a straight hard push to Moskau. It should be a little bit easier in Alpha+3… With some help from the other axis it could work but I have to try it in FTF with my buddy and some beer  :-D

thanks jen, wish you luck against garg if you need it :-)

I get the STRONG impression Gargantua is going to have to call in reinforcements from England and America and then cry when I say that he just proved my point, that Russia needs help from the allies or it will fall.  :-P

Maybe cry is too strong of a word, complain?

• How is that different from an A+2 Germany that also decides to go full-bore towards Moscow?
    That’s the question that needs to be answered.

@Alsch91:

How is that different from an A+2 Germany that also decides to go full-bore towards Moscow?
    That’s the question that needs to be answered.

On the German side, not so much.  Only a difference of Germany getting 150% the amount of AA Guns Russia does.

On the Japanese side a whole bunch.  No more +12 IPC, now the Japanese can destroy the non-aggression bonuses before they become a nightmare for Germany.

• A little off topic but here it is  last nite ALPHA+2 and operation Barbarossa was successful. I fought hard as Russia but there was not enough help and Russia fell. I had two good counter offensives and two very good goal line stands,  not enough I need to figure out what to say to them to have try to help. other than “hey I could use some help here” or “there’s no way I can hold them back I need help”
      I hope Russia is a bit more resilient with the A3 set up
      The German turn 2 was when the attack started
      It was a good game and they had some outstanding dice 11 out of 13 hits and 8 out of 9 hits and I think they had one that was 12 out of 14.  The dice won the game for them

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m