• my name is BIG D and I am new to the forum, have been playing A&A for decades & have toured battlefields from around the world. -I have been to Europe 7 times in 9 years touring Canadian battlefields, war cemeteries and war memorials. WWII related I have been as far south in France visiting the U-boat pens in Bordeaux and as far north as Nijmegen & Arhnem in Holland & over to Kiel, Germany to tour U995, the last surviving TypeVII U-boat that is now a museum.
    -have you done any touring of any WWII sites anywhere in the world??? where and why?? general interest or family pilgrimage?? and any great stories you can share??? maybe you might have a tour lined up, where are you going??

-if you could tour any battlefield in the world, which and why?
    I have spent much of the time in Europe hiking the Western Front, both through Belguim and into northern France & spent my childhood touring Civil War & War Of 1812 battlfields on family vacations then as a re-enactor.
    Cheers!!

• Welcome to the forum, Big D.
    I live in England , so am lucky to be near many battlefields. Can’t remember them all. (I am
    Old amd forgetful.) I have been to Hastings, Bosworth field, Tewkesbury and Lewes.

Have done the WW1 sites, lived in Normandy for a year , while studying  French and seen Bastogne, Waterloo amd all the Market Garden cities amd museums. Many of the castles near where I live now,  were besieged in our Civil War.
    When in Normandy (89-90), I lived inbetween Sword and Juno, right on the beach. Caen was the nearest city. It was the University, where I was enrolled and I chose
    It , because of my love of D Day. We had (beach) parties at our flat most weekends and
    It was one of my best ever experiences. I played so many War ganes with fellow students.

I love American  CIvil War history best of all, but have never visited, however.

• I live in the States, in Texas. I’ve visited  Vicksburg, Pea Ridge, Sabine Pass, Mansfield La, Shiloh, Mobile Bay, Fort Donaldson, Fredericksburg, and Perryville.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m