A&A World Cup 2012 Discussion

• '10

G40 is 3.9 right?

• '10

And, can we Triplea it?

@DutchmanD:

G40 is 3.9 right?

Is that the generally accepted version?  I mean do most people play that.  I have no idea about G40, so whatever is played now.

@DutchmanD:

And, can we Triplea it?

Yeah, if both players want to.  Obviously use the auto posting to the forum for games.  I guess Abattlemap will be the standard, but players can agree to upgrade to TripleA. If there’s a conflict use Battlemap.  That seem fair?

• Why are the US teams playing each other, and Europe playing commonwealth?

Is the idea to have a championship between the US and Eur/UK or something?  I thought the playoffs were over and the people representing the USA were set.  But if USA is playing USA, then isn’t that essentially just another qualifying round?

Confused.

@Gamerman01:

Is the idea to have a championship between the US and Eur/UK or something?Â

Exactly.
    Its like the Little League World Series, where it always ends up with US vs. International.

• 2007 AAR League

I’ll be a bit intermittent posting for the next couple weeks as I am watching the Olympics online pretty regularly, but I think I can get in a post every other day. If that’s a problem, let me know.

• '10

@DarthMaximus:

@DutchmanD:

G40 is 3.9 right?

Is that the generally accepted version?  I mean do most people play that.  I have no idea about G40, so whatever is played now.

Yea, it’s G40 3.9, final version. The same one being used in Garg’s tourny.  There are changes to the NOs and the turn order.  Holkann said he can update Battlemap next month, but until then, here is the correct placement for the starting units.

Big changes, besides the NOs and starting units:

• aa guns can be taken as casualties and can fire at a max of 3 aircraft.
    • convoys are different, but most people are “house ruling” playing under the original format for convoys because it does not involve rolling dice.
    • Italy goes before the Anzacs in the turn order.

G40 3.9.AAM

• '10

• '10

Correcttion on that 3.9 map:  Russian BB in the Baltic is now a cru.

G40 3.9.AAM

Is everyone okay with that version Dutchman posted?
    If you guys need to, go ahead and take the next week to confirm this version.

I’m going to be gone for about a week, so we should get underway by the 17th-18th.

Thanks.

• TripleA

Ugh, why play anything other than Alpha 3 final? It is what will be put into print on the reprint of global. I am hoping LarryHarris adds a bomber to russia. Allies really get the short end of the stick in my opinion, at least a russian bomber, feels cool.

• TripleA

Alpha 2 and OOB really favored the axis heavily. Alpha 1 had some short comings. Alpha 3 is not that different from alpha 2 except naval setup is a bit different and the aa guns nerfed the sea lion threat, sea lion still happens frequently, but the casualties are heavier so the allies can recover from it.

• TripleA

I don’t have battlemaps for revised and I can post much quicker using triple a, since I don’t have to read text on one half of my screen and look at the map with the other.

Easier on the eyes too. If the default is battlemaps so be it, I tend to rush hard anyway for revised, I rarely see round 7 without russia or berlin conquered in revised. Either way it is going to be a fast game.

I do trust triple a more, since forums can be edited, so there is no doubt when I get diced hard, like egypt drops without getting a single hit back that it just was not my day.

How do we determine sides for revised? Usually it is bid for axis, 1 unit per territory, place where you got stuff. I don’t know how yall do it around here. Or if you just set it at 9 and roll for sides. Don’t bother me none.

• TripleA

Well commonwealth, I am up against func, wish me luck.

Team Europe

Revised = Funcioneta
    AA50 = Yoshi
    G40 = DutchmanD

Team US 1

Revised = DarthMaximus
    AA50 = Gamerman
    G40 = Thatonekid

Team US 2

Revised = Mojo
    AA50 = Bigbadgoo
    G40 = SAS

Team Commonwealth

Revised = Cow
    AA50 = U-505
    G40 = Axisplaya

–-----------------------

Matchups

EU vs. Commonwealth

US1 vs. US2

Some of you have started and that is fine.  We will be auction bidding for sides.  The same way we do tourneys or league games.

If you have started here are the side that can bid first:

Eu = 1 Com = 2
    US 1 = 1 US 2 = 2

DiceRolling 1d2:
    (2)

Commonwealth and US 2 can started the bidding if you guys want to get underway.  Just PM your opponent.

Its best two out of three.  So if one side wins its Revised and 50 game the G40 result doesn’t matter or if G40 and 50 finish first, etc.  So it doesn’t matter which two games finish first if the same side wins.

I’ll have limited access for the next week.  So the official start will be next week, but I have no problem with people getting started now.

Good luck to everyone!

• TripleA

last question, revised is the one where the transports roll at 1 and can be casualties right? The 2004 box, I believe.

• @Cow:

last question, revised is the one where the transports roll at 1 and can be casualties right? The 2004 box, I believe.

Yes, that’s right.

Gamerman is right.
    Trns can fire and be taken as casualties.

Its been a while since I’ve played Revised as well.  I can’t remember, I think some of the pricing is different on units too.  Gonna have to try and remember all the changes.  :-)

• TripleA

Axisplaya conceded after a bad g1 in global.

Dang commonwealth not looking good already. I am in a close game for revised, I think I am losing but I am not sure yet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m