• what is your plan with the complex in iraq? also, you need a fleet with the uk so best to buy some ships

8 trannies from uk are empty on their way to the us right?

• Well, an option for the minor ic’s in egypt and persia would be to continue to put pressure on germany in russia.

The 8 transports are usa btw.

I like the idea of rebuilding the uk fleet, though i tried it a few times, just to get it sunk by the luftwaffe… So i am not so sure if those expensive units will pay themselve out…

• @Admiral:

When are you going to play it out?

July 2, and can’t wait! :-D

• I thought the complex in Iraq was where we were hiding the WMDs

• @Admiral:

When are you going to play it out?

July 2nd and can’t wait!  :-D

• Maybe you should go for Italy, which is obviously the weakest axis player. Take Southern France with some or half your inf from Normandy to deny Italy income. Bring units from the US and the UK (possibly from Iraq, with a naval base there you can be in the med in 1 turn). This will force Germany to defend the south of Europe, which it would rather not do. It also keeps Italy from going for Africa. Please let me know what you think.

• Interesting thought, the subs are appealing. However I am also affraid Germany will be in Italy quicker, defending/liberating his ally before any real harm can be done. But I always like the idea of having Germany defending on multiple fronts.

BTW why half of the normandy stack?

• You’re probably right, but it may be worth a try. Don’t think you have a real chance anyway. Splitting your stack would force the axis to split their forces too.

• Dear SvO,

My advise would be to stack Washington with everything you have. Bring your fleet back home. Put the light off and ask for mommy. Because the men with iron boots are marching in just one direction. We’re coming to crush you Friday honey!

• I don’t know how after 25 turns a game can still be so tight, but hey… What a game!

I’ll still give a little edge to the Axis.

The Germans are coming with a bang in India but the Japs are pretty much drawing dead.

But I don’t get why the Axis are going for Calcutta when they simply have to take Egypt and they win the game…

• @MightyPol:

I don’t know how after 25 turns a game can still be so tight, but hey… What a game!

I’ll still give a little edge to the Axis.

The Germans are coming with a bang in India but the Japs are pretty much drawing dead.

But I don’t get why the Axis are going for Calcutta when they simply have to take Egypt and they win the game…

Well, if Japan falls they need one extra VC to win, no?
    I am assuming Axis feels confident about taking Egypt so they’re going for Calcutta as well.

• It even gets worse: last week we played the second round (10 extra hours of play) and we still have a situation on the board which allows both sides to win. Absolutely crazy! When I’ve got the map ready I’ll share it with you!

This game has been the best game for us ever: 25 hours of play: absolute madness  :lol:

• Shouldn’t Japan only be making 9 IPCs?  If so I predict an Allied victory, but dunno.

• :-o Wow  :-o

last Friday we managed to add another 12 hours to our conquest for world domination.

This must, by far, be the best game I’ve ever played!!

Nevertheless we still didn’t manage to beat the Axis of Evil and have landed in a defining stage of our continuous  struggle:
    Japan is on it’s knees, ready for Harikiri;
    USSR has been dead for a while;
    Calcutta is holding back the Hun marching from the Russian IC’s;
    London is awaiting the siege of Cairo;
    The US and Anzac are preparing to assist Japan in it’s Harikiri;
    The Nazi’s are contemplating domination over three continents.

Please see the new map over here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?12kelwmn6kaf3fk

And please give me your comments!! They are always much appreciated!!  :lol:

X
    SvO

• What should Japan do?

• Mediafire seems braindead for the moment, will try to look at your map later

edit: ah, working now :)

• I’m calling Allies

• Me too, JPN is a sitting duck and Germany is not in range to help them out

• I don’t think Japan will fall within 5-6 rounds since there is not a very strong invasion force available on short term and Japan is well stacked. This should give Germany sufficient time to take Egypt and/or Calcutta. Taking Egypt means taking Africa, taking Calcutta means taking the Asian mainland. If successful, this would result in the following endgame: a massive Germany and Italy (together holding Europe, USSR, Africa and Middle East, Asian mainland) against a massive US (assuming they take Japan eventually), moderate Anzac and UK Atlantic (which should be marginal by then). This would be in favour of Germany since they are in defense mode probably earning more money and can build/ move forces to wherever the allies decide to attack with their fleet(s) (Germany should then leave coastal areas open with strongholds behind it). Would put my money on the Axis.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m