• Sounds like a great game SvO!

I have 2 questions: who’s turn is it when you continue and do you play with NOs? If Germany starts like in the normal playing order, the money from France may be lost if Germany indeed attacks and wins. Alternatively, if UK or France is first, you can fortify Paris which would make it very difficult for Germany to take. This is important in determining your chances and strategy. Second, if you play with NOs, is the income difference including or excluding NOs? This largely determines determines your strength as well as Germany’s.

When are you going to play it out?

• @Zallomallo:

How are they gonna take back France?

I am supposing it’s Germany’s turn.

Germany got 2 Inf, 2 art, 12 tanks, 4 fighters, 4 tactical bombers and 2 bombers in range of Paris!

In Paris the Allies have 9 inf, 5 art and 3 fighters with no AA Gun.

There is no way the Axis can lose that, and once it is done, except the 10 inf in Normandy, no reinforcements are on the way back.

• The main choice you have to make (at least with the US) is if you go for Europe or if you go for the Pacific. If you go for Europe, Japan may get back on its feet. If you go for the Pacific, Germany may get too strong. Go for both and you may risk playing for another 18 hours.

• @Admiral:

The main choice you have to make (at least with the US) is if you go for Europe or if you go for the Pacific. If you go for Europe, Japan may get back on its feet. If you go for the Pacific, Germany may get too strong. Go for both and you may risk playing for another 18 hours.

I could be wrong, but i feel taking out Japan would be the way to go. If USA can conquer Japan, the Axis (basically Germany) can be contained on the eurasian mainland.
    Could become some kind of stalemate then, though

• We’ve played the year round before breaking up, so yes it is Germany’s turn. Also we play NO and (as said before) play one house rule: VC’s don’t apply, only surrender counts.

My thoughts on Paris are the same, so I am wondering what to do with my 10 UK inf in Normandy. Perhaps move towards Italy?

Also if we were to focus on taking Japan out (which would not result in an axis surrender imho), how would ANZAC and UK pacific be used in the most efficient way?

X
    SvO

• Your 10 inf in Normandy are pretty much toast before they reach anything, so it doesn’t really matter. If you go for Japan/ Pacific, Germany probably has 2 options. Option 1: go for UK (with well more than 100 income, UK will fall within 5 turns (given UK has zero fleet and Germany already has sufficient planes), while Italy pressures Egypt/ Africa. Option 2: build a major IC in Volgograd and crush China and UK Pacific. Japan only has to defend their homeland. Germany itself is probably too big to take, since there is no follow up coming. Miracle if you win, don’t see it happening.

• what is your plan with the complex in iraq? also, you need a fleet with the uk so best to buy some ships

8 trannies from uk are empty on their way to the us right?

• Well, an option for the minor ic’s in egypt and persia would be to continue to put pressure on germany in russia.

The 8 transports are usa btw.

I like the idea of rebuilding the uk fleet, though i tried it a few times, just to get it sunk by the luftwaffe… So i am not so sure if those expensive units will pay themselve out…

• @Admiral:

July 2, and can’t wait! :-D

• I thought the complex in Iraq was where we were hiding the WMDs

• @Admiral:

July 2nd and can’t wait!  :-D

• Maybe you should go for Italy, which is obviously the weakest axis player. Take Southern France with some or half your inf from Normandy to deny Italy income. Bring units from the US and the UK (possibly from Iraq, with a naval base there you can be in the med in 1 turn). This will force Germany to defend the south of Europe, which it would rather not do. It also keeps Italy from going for Africa. Please let me know what you think.

• Interesting thought, the subs are appealing. However I am also affraid Germany will be in Italy quicker, defending/liberating his ally before any real harm can be done. But I always like the idea of having Germany defending on multiple fronts.

BTW why half of the normandy stack?

• You’re probably right, but it may be worth a try. Don’t think you have a real chance anyway. Splitting your stack would force the axis to split their forces too.

• Dear SvO,

My advise would be to stack Washington with everything you have. Bring your fleet back home. Put the light off and ask for mommy. Because the men with iron boots are marching in just one direction. We’re coming to crush you Friday honey!

• I don’t know how after 25 turns a game can still be so tight, but hey… What a game!

I’ll still give a little edge to the Axis.

The Germans are coming with a bang in India but the Japs are pretty much drawing dead.

But I don’t get why the Axis are going for Calcutta when they simply have to take Egypt and they win the game…

• @MightyPol:

I don’t know how after 25 turns a game can still be so tight, but hey… What a game!

I’ll still give a little edge to the Axis.

The Germans are coming with a bang in India but the Japs are pretty much drawing dead.

But I don’t get why the Axis are going for Calcutta when they simply have to take Egypt and they win the game…

Well, if Japan falls they need one extra VC to win, no?
    I am assuming Axis feels confident about taking Egypt so they’re going for Calcutta as well.

• It even gets worse: last week we played the second round (10 extra hours of play) and we still have a situation on the board which allows both sides to win. Absolutely crazy! When I’ve got the map ready I’ll share it with you!

This game has been the best game for us ever: 25 hours of play: absolute madness  :lol:

• Shouldn’t Japan only be making 9 IPCs?  If so I predict an Allied victory, but dunno.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m