• I believe Russia is able to move into and activate pro-allied neutral territories, but they can’t invade pro-axis territories until they are at war. Activation of a pro -allied territory for Russia is done in NCM.

• @Geist:

Can Russia invade pro Allied and Pro Axis Neutrals before they are at war with Germany? I don’t see anything in the rules to forbid it, only that if they didn’t conquer a pro Axis neutral at the end of the battle they could convert to Axis pieces and then I’d have to go to war with them in order to attack the territory.

Edit: Don’t post without first making sure spelling is correct.

I’ll let you sweat the spelling. I just had a rules question.

• I disagree, I’m pretty sure that being neutral means you get the collect income, nincombat move, and mobalize units phases in your turn. No more, no less.

• Ya until russia is at war in europe, russia cant take anything, same with pacific.

• OOB Russia declares war on Japan R1 and can take any and all neutrals at that time.  Also R can team up with UK immediately, sharing territories at will from R1 (OOB is a joke compared to Alpha2).

Alpha2 Russia can’t take any neutrals until at war with the Axis power on that side of the globe.  So R can’t take NW Persia until at war with Germany/I, and that timing is of course totally up to G/I.

• Official Q&A

Per the Official Rules Clarifications, the rule is the same in OOB as it is in Alpha.

The Soviet Union, due to its separate treaties with Germany and Japan, was in a unique position in its relationship with the Axis powers.  As a result, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions of being a neutral power (see Powers That Begin the Game Neutral, pg. 15) on the other map.  In other words, a state of war with Japan lifts those restrictions from the USSR on the Pacific map only, and a state of war with Germany and/or Italy lifts those restrictions on the Europe map only.

• @Krieghund:

Per the Official Rules Clarifications, the rule is the same in OOB as it is in Alpha.

The Soviet Union, due to its separate treaties with Germany and Japan, was in a unique position in its relationship with the Axis powers.  As a result, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions of being a neutral power (see Powers That Begin the Game Neutral, pg. 15) on the other map.  In other words, a state of war with Japan lifts those restrictions from the USSR on the Pacific map only, and a state of war with Germany and/or Italy lifts those restrictions on the Europe map only.

So if I read that correctly;

Russian can NOT enter any neutral territories on the EUROPE map until it is at war with either Germany or Italy (or of course, both) but it CAN enter neutral territories on the PACIFIC map (which are very few and completely pointless anyway).

• Of course it depends on which version your playing because it was edited in Alpha 2.

• @gamegeek:

@Krieghund:

Russian can NOT enter any neutral territories on the EUROPE map until it is at war with either Germany or Italy (or of course, both) but it CAN enter neutral territories on the PACIFIC map (which are very few and completely pointless anyway).

Only when its at war with Japan

• @ghr2:

@gamegeek:

@Krieghund:

Only when its at war with Japan

I knew I was missing something!

• By the way welcome to the forums Gamegeek. Have fun and don’t mess anything up  :-D

• @Pvt.Ryan:

By the way welcome to the forums Gamegeek. Have fun and don’t mess anything up  :-D

Thank you very much.  I’ve been lurking for a while.  :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m