• See first post for update.

• Where is the Europe part?

• @Imperious:

Where is the Europe part?

In the garbage. :-o  I didn’t like how the panels were being stitched together so I came at the project a different way and I started on the Pacific side of the board.  I still need to do the Europe boards.

• '10

Once again, awesome, awesome work.  I can’t believe how much I can zoom in and still have a clear resolution!

I can’t wait to see the end product.

I have some different colors for the convoy markers that I want feedback on.

Seazone 43 is my personal favourite. It blends well with the sea and stands out without being overly bright

• Customizer

Once again it looks great. Thanks for the map fixes.

I believe that ideally the convoy boxes should be the same color as the sea zone border line. However If I had to chose I would prefer a shade thats half way between SZ 43 and 26. 43 is a bit too blue and 26 is a bit bright. perhaps adding a bit of gray to either of these may also do the trick.

In any case your work is greatly appreciated. Thanks for you work. Cant wait to see the rest of the map.

• Customizer

I dont know if its possible but if you could move Honolulu off the big island and onto oahu that would be great. Your work in WUSA looked flawless.

• Yeah, I’ve been to Hawaii (both Oahu and the Big Island) and I wondered why Honolulu was placed on the Big Island.  I’ll give it a whirl and see how it looks when I move it.

• Bob,

I think the reason for putting Honolulu on the Big Island where Hilo is was because it is totally disproportionate to Oahu.  Take a look and see what I mean.  I can move it easily enough if that is still what you like.  To me, both the current placement and the correct one bug me for different reasons.

edit:  On second thought, I probably will move it.  The VC dot is disproportionately large compared to the size of Oahu, but it does look better to be in the correct position.

Hawaii.jpg

• Bob,

You are pretty good at catching these map anomalies.  Can you write a master list for me and post it.  I would like to have one place to check for the changes needed.

FYI, it will still be a several weeks before I’m done.  Since I’m new to photoshop, every challenge I encounter usually takes me a while to figure out.  One thing in particular that I’m having issues with is trying to balance the colors of the Euro maps with the Pacific map panels.  Right now that is not going so well.

• Customizer

@gsh34:

I think the reason for putting Honolulu on the Big Island where Hilo is was because it is totally disproportionate to Oahu.  Take a look and see what I mean.  I can move it easily enough if that is still what you like.  To me, both the current placement and the correct one bug me for different reasons.

edit:  On second thought, I probably will move it.  The VC dot is disproportionately large compared to the size of Oahu, but it does look better to be in the correct position.

I completely agree.

@gsh34:

Bob,

You are pretty good at catching these map anomalies.  Can you write a master list for me and post it.  I would like to have one place to check for the changes needed.

Ill take a look into it.

• Any development?

• I updated the first post.

• '10

Hey gsh, have you received any word from wotc? I really, really hope they allow you to post it

• Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission!

• @Sime:

Hey gsh, have you received any word from wotc? I really, really hope they allow you to post it

Not yet.  I’m still waiting so I can print one for myself too.  I have been in touch with their customer service department, but they don’t handle this request.  My request has been forwarded to their “branding department” who will make this decision.  It is them I am awaiting a response from.

• there shouldn’t be a problem since your not SELLING the map are you? no.  your only correcting the mistakes they chose to ignore!

• @cminke:

there shouldn’t be a problem since your not SELLING the map are you? no.  your only correcting the mistakes they chose to ignore!

I’m not trying to be a prick, but remember Napster?  That was only people sharing music, not selling it.  Right?  How did that end?  Same thing here.  The A&A boards are copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast.  Since my board IS A DIRECT COPY of theirs, I am asking for their permission to reproduce it here and for my own personal use.  If they give me the go ahead (which I really, really hope they do) then I’ll post it here for all to see and use.  If they don’t give me permission, then I will unfortunately not be able to share it.

• I’ve updated my first post.  It sucks. :x

• @trackmagic:

Its better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission!

Yeah, you sure seem to be right about this one.  Here I thought they might find it flattering that someone took the time to do this and actually ASK for permission to use it and share it with others.  Hell, I had a buddy that sent in a copyright request back when AAR came out and Wizards, at the time, granted him copyright permission to use their graphics for something similar.  So much for that.

Again, I will unfortunately not be giving this map to anyone else, so people can stop emailing or sending me a PM asking for the map anyways.  Hell, they said I couldn’t even print it for myself for flippin’ sake!  Man, this has really put me a bad mood….

• like they would ever know if you printed one for yourself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m