Which NFL team(s) do you root for?

• @Imperious:

what?

It’s not Football.

So why not make an appropriate thread to discuss overrated teams?

• So why not make an appropriate thread to discuss overrated teams?

You mean the team ranked 7 in defense and 11 in offense and has the league leading point differential along with the 12 game win streak?

You mean that overrated team? Or you talking about Orlando?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

blacketballs is for the ghey,

miami dogs in heat blow.

Raiders Pwn.

And NO if you win the superbowl you are not the WORLD CHAMPIONS.  You are just an idiot who says they are, who won a game in the United States alone, that no one else in the world plays under the exact same ruleset.

• interesting that colts havent been picked yet

That’s because the colts are no good silly goose.

• @johnnymarr:

i cheer for the Packers.  we have like 20 guys on IR and now lost Rodgers with a concussion.  it hasnt been a cheerful year

The injuries problems this year will help them next year. The next year Packers will have experiece depth. If they can survive into the playoffs they could do some damage.

• '10

The next year Packers will have experiece depth.

Matt Flynn got some xp against the Patriots.  Pack has to win out to make the playoffs (Giants, Bears).

• @Gargantua:

And NO if you win the superbowl you are not the WORLD CHAMPIONS.  You are just an idiot who says they are, who won a game in the United States alone, that no one else in the world plays under the exact same ruleset.

I have thought the same thing. How can someone be a “world champ” and never played a team from a different country? Does the NFL Europe team that wins the whole shebang get the title of world champ? Or how about the canadian league? Just like Dallas Cowboys are called America’s Team. That is another one that I don’t understand.

• '10

then they got to change the name of the World Series.

• Do you guys really want to compare NFL talent with the CFL or Europe football? The best CFL team could not beat the worse NFL team.

• @johnnymarr:

The next year Packers will have experiece depth.

Matt Flynn got some xp against the Patriots.  Pack has to win out to make the playoffs (Giants, Bears).

I was pulling for Matt Flynn, he led our home town football team to a Texas State Championship.

• I would say “I watch every game on tv” and spew some intelligent information, but not liking football is one of the primary side effects of being a Lions fan.

• @Imperious:

So why not make an appropriate thread to discuss overrated teams?

You mean the team ranked 7 in defense and 11 in offense and has the league leading point differential along with the 12 game win streak?

You mean that overrated team? Or you talking about Orlando?

I liked your original response better.

But yes, the Heat as an overrated team.  I look on ESPN today and it’s talking about their “Dream Team” Trio that seems to be worse as a sum than the individual parts.  All the differential tells me is that they beat teams soundly…when they beat them.

• And when they beat the Lakers in LA, I guess they just beat another overrated team…

• @Imperious:

And when they beat the Lakers in LA, I guess they just beat another overrated team…

Come playoff time the Heat should roll through the East, except for Boston. A healthy Boston team would have the edge in a series, but when is Boston healthy late in the season? I will watch that series, and I’m a fairweather basketball fan.

Do you guys think Dallas is a real threat this year?

• I think their best team was before when they had both Nash and Dirk and others. San Antonio seems strongest, but in a series with lakers they will get worn down with the bigs because SA cant endure a physical series.

I hope its Boston and Heat in east finals and that Utah or New Orleans does not make it.

Do you guys really want to compare NFL talent with the CFL or Europe football? The best CFL team could not beat the worse NFL team.

Well I seem to remember the last olympics, where an almost 100% black, and certainly 100% all star team of NBA athlethes was put together, and called an “American Dream Team.” Only to get their ass beat back into the ghetto, by a bunch of hoodlums from Argentina, and other “talentless” countries as Americans would put it.

So yea, I would compare the calibre of the CFL or Europe to that of an NFL team, even if the NFL teams won 4 out of 5 games, it still comes down to 1 game, and all kinds of things can go wrong.  Hence, they should not be called the “World Champions.”

Also, the “world series”  The Toronto Blue Jays account for a second country being involved in the series, so that “could” stick as an international definition, that or they should include teams from China and Japan, to make baseball more interesting…

• @Gargantua:

Do you guys really want to compare NFL talent with the CFL or Europe football? The best CFL team could not beat the worse NFL team.

The best CFL team would do good to win 1 game out of 100 with a NFL team. The best CFL team could split a series with a college team like USC or Alabama.

Please don’t take that as disrespect, I enjoy watching CFL football, I love any football(except for that experiment gone wrong XFL).

The “dream team” vs the world has now become a showdown between awesome individual talent vs good solid teamwork and fundamentals.

Regardless,

Doesn’t make you a world champion, unless you challenge - and accept challenges from other people in other countries throughout the world.

Clearly not something the NFL is willing or interested in doing.

There is no question that they are good athletes, but they are NOT world champions for winning the superbowl.

• @Gargantua:

Regardless,

Doesn’t make you a world champion, unless you challenge - and accept challenges from other people in other countries throughout the world.

Clearly not something the NFL is willing or interested in doing.

There is no question that they are good athletes, but they are NOT world champions for winning the superbowl.

The rest of the world is in love with soccer basketball and baseball, not american football.

The NFL would love nothing more than to expand into other countries. I think it will happen, however it will not happen until L.A has a team. That will happen in the next three years.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m