My review copy of Axis & Allies Europe 1940 has arrived

• Looks as if Italy uses the German tank mold…… :|

• Can you please confirm that Europe 1940 will be for sale at GenCon Indy?

Whether or not I make to trip down there depends on this.

If I go, it’ll be August 5th (Thursday).
    I’d need a confirmed price and if there will be plenty of copies or if I need to stand in line at 7AM.

• '10

Can you please confirm that Europe 1940 will be for sale at GenCon Indy?

AAE40 will not be sold at GenCon, but copies will be given away by Greg

• thx for the pics, it looks fun,  I hope to see more.

There are also 2 new pieces of info in your preview.

1. The game is coming out the 14th vs. 24th

2. Its gonna be sold at Gencon

Can someone confirm this?

Also, its great the Soviets get a battleship :-D.

• Can you please confirm that Europe 1940 will be for sale at GenCon Indy?

They said no it won’t but bring money anyway because you may be able to buy a copy that they give to the winners ( they have 5), or you can win a copy by winning one of the tourneys.

• What’s the Union Jack Roundels? I’ll use them for India’s money.

• @Imperious:

Can you please confirm that Europe 1940 will be for sale at GenCon Indy?

They said no it won’t but bring money anyway because you may be able to buy a copy that they give to the winners ( they have 5), or you can win a copy by winning one of the tourneys.

Yeah, I read that on your homeboy’s website, but Jensen says it will so who is right?
    I’m not going to bother to drive 9 hours for a slim chance that I may win a game.  Or will I?

• Here is a quick, full-board image that I put together using djensen’s map photos. It seems as India will look alright after all.

However I must say that because of the board split, the name of Western Germany is incredibly offset and looks strange in my opinion.

• @Captain:

Here is a quick, full-board image that I put together using djensen’s map photos. It seems as India will look alright after all.

However I must say that because of the board split, the name of Western Germany is incredibly offset and looks strange in my opinion.

Looks fun!

• Whatever happened to “fortress malta” being in the game?  From what I can tell from the setup charts, there’s noone in Malta, so why bother?

• Yeah, I read that on your homeboy’s website, but Jensen says it will so who is right?
    I’m not going to bother to drive 9 hours for a slim chance that I may win a game.  Or will I?

You can see larry and have him sign whatever.

Also jack from table tactics will be selling his pieces, so you can at least buy them.

Lastly, you can play and try to win a game and if you cry enough to Larry perhaps he will help you out.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

thx for the pics, it looks fun,  I hope to see more.

I was also wondering the validity of point #1… Axisandallies.com states Aug 24th as the release date still.  :?

• Grrr, Twitter is down for maintenance…  :x

• @IceCap:

@Emperor_Taiki:

thx for the pics, it looks fun,  I hope to see more.

I was also wondering the validity of point #1… Axisandallies.com states Aug 24th as the release date still.  :?

Pretty sure he fat-fingered it.  The retailers (e.g. FMG) still show the 24th as the release date as well.

• what are the global rules like?

• any possibility for germany to control the now worth 8 Scandinavia?

• Gibralter starts out with an AB and NB and no troops? Malta gets nothing?
    nothing to defend these TT out of the starting gate.

• South Africa starts with a minor IC and a NB very cool

• This is a god send! they say in times of famine the devil feasts on flies, WELL THE FAMINE IS OVER!!!

I’m so glad to see that Italy still retains that great potential that they had in AA50. Im soo looking forward to going to GenCon and seeing this in even greater detail  :-D

• I’m excited about South Africa’s IC. We’re fnally getting some representation down here!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m