OFFICIAL REQUEST: ITALIAN MOLDS in A&A Europe 1940

• @idk_iam_swiss:

aww no sharing?

Well, personally, I always thought that rather than bid to be a specific power that may have an advantage, players should have music playing in the background throughout the game.
    When any of the powers’ anthems comes on everyone stands and slowly walks around the chairs in a clockwise-manner.
    When the music stops, the players occupy the seat in front of them and assume that power as their own.
    Play resumes until the next anthem.

It is the second easiest way to balance game play.

• Check out the quality compared to the standard pieces:

• And here is another shot:

• UK will controll ANZAC
    isnt it obvious?

Italian molds arent “necissary” however a few new key italian sculpts, or at least a mix and mash from other armies rather than a 100% german line up would be nice

Infantry - Italian (good)
    Artillery - Old japanese (keep it this way, cant be the 88" and shouldnt be the new jap gun, so this is now a unique sculpt)
    Mech infantry - New Unit, keep it in line with the axis (or use an italian colored battle of the bulge truck, size might be off however)
    Tank - Already Italain (good)
    Fighter - Here is where Id like a new unit
    Fighter Bomber - Cant be the Stuka, (likely will be the same as the russians or the japanese)
    Bomber - Japanese (keep it, italy isnt a bomber power)
    Transport - Keep it european axis
    Sub - Keep it european axis
    Destroyer - Ok if its same as german, its a nice mold
    Cruiser - NOT the crappy german cruiser design, maybe use the japanese one, or new russian one
    Carrier - Keep it european axis, it looks scratch built, like an italian carrier would be
    Battleship - Maybe a unique battleship, its their only other claim to fame

so essentaly we need a new battleship and fighter design……should we realy be complaning, all the other molds as of now make sense, UK and US share tons of molds, its ok for italy and germany to do the same. However if they were going to make some italian molds, a figher and a battleship shouldnt be too problematic

Toss my vote in for the cost effective option, new ship, new plane, rest the same.

• @oztea:

UK will controll ANZAC
    isnt it obvious?

Italian molds arent “necissary” however a few new key italian sculpts, or at least a mix and mash from other armies rather than a 100% german line up would be nice

Infantry - Italian (good)
    Artillery - Old japanese (keep it this way, cant be the 88" and shouldnt be the new jap gun, so this is now a unique sculpt)
    Mech infantry - New Unit, keep it in line with the axis (or use an italian colored battle of the bulge truck, size might be off however)
    Tank - Already Italain (good)
    Fighter - Here is where Id like a new unit
    Fighter Bomber - Cant be the Stuka, (likely will be the same as the russians or the japanese)
    Bomber - Japanese (keep it, italy isnt a bomber power)
    Transport - Keep it european axis
    Sub - Keep it european axis
    Destroyer - Ok if its same as german, its a nice mold
    Cruiser - NOT the crappy german cruiser design, maybe use the japanese one, or new russian one
    Carrier - Keep it european axis, it looks scratch built, like an italian carrier would be
    Battleship - Maybe a unique battleship, its their only other claim to fame

so essentaly we need a new battleship and fighter design……should we realy be complaning, all the other molds as of now make sense, UK and US share tons of molds, its ok for italy and germany to do the same. However if they were going to make some italian molds, a figher and a battleship shouldnt be too problematic

Toss my vote in for the cost effective option, new ship, new plane, rest the same.

Italy really invented the entire concept of the strategic bombing, the author was Giulio Douhet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giulio_Douhet). I’m not proud of this, but I tell it to you only for the historic truth. Despite this, in WW2 Italy didn’t develop a proper stregic bomber army force, by the way nor the Germany and nor the Japan did so: but in the GAME both Germany and Japan have their own bomber mold. The italian heavy bomber during WW2 was the SM-79 “Sparviero”, used both in air and land combats. He had a sinister fame for the british aviators, that called it “the damned hunchback” due to this particular shape, so I think that a specific mold could be the right solution.

Also, the Italian Royal Navy (the “Regia Marina”) was greater than Kriegsmarine, both for number and for quality of the ships, but not for the high officers… and surely it was greater and bigger than Soviet Navy! Despite this, now the USSR got his proper mold for almost all the navy units: so I think the minimum is to do the same for the italian navy.

The unique machine that during WW2 Italy shared with Germany was just the Stuka dive bomber, which in Italy were called “Picchiatello”.

This is the historic truth.

• I knew about Guilo Douhet, his concept of air war was well ahead of its time. Realizing that borders and front lines would soon become irellevent as air armadas attacked cities and headquarters of the enemy

Germany had a strategic bomber, the Junkers-JU86 I think it was called, and other Junkers models used in the battle of britain. Italy frequently used its medium bombers to attack British Ports in the Mediteranian such as Gibraltar, over and over.

There is no doubt in my mind that italy deserves some of its own boat molds, particularly the battleship and cruiser, however im being practiacal….WOTC should pull from existing, rareley used molds, such as the Russians, for a unique look for some italian units (if they are at least historicaly similar)

I however never knew the Germans and Italains shared the Stuka dive bomber, that is a neat bit of history.

Dont think im disrespecting the Italains at all, As a 3rd generation Italian American myself I dont have any ill will towards the Italian nation, or their conduct during WWII. Im simply opting for the most economicaly sound option, reusing molds from other countries and games could add variety to the italian aresenal, without the cost of new molds being cast.

And yes…I still want an italaian battleship and Fighter

• Why Italy lost the war is a discussion a little bit “out of topic” here. There are too many reasons. SOME of the italian equipments were very good, such the G-55 fighter or the Semovente 75/18 mobile artillery, but in general they were few and /or they were developed too late to change the course of the war in the mediterranean. Italian soldiers were like any other soldier, but Italy’s economic power were simply inadequate to the modern concept of warfare.

• stay on topic.

• I am with you Sergente!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m