Larry talks about his Global Game more

• Yup, I’m pretty psyched.  :lol:

It sounds like the Russia vs Germany games will be great.

Russia will feel like Russia, North Africa will feel like North Africa.  The bigger board is where it’s at.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

“My advice to you and any other old veterans of A&A is watch out for those automatic tactical assumptions you’ve acquired over the years. Often they will prove to be outdated. You’ll run the risk of looking like an old General fighting the new war with the strategies of the last war.”

thx calvin, i wish we still had karma cause id give you a +1

I am ready for the challege, i just got a ticket to play AAG40 at Gencon, who else is going?

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@calvinhobbesliker:

“My advice to you and any other old veterans of A&A is watch out for those automatic tactical assumptions you’ve acquired over the years. Often they will prove to be outdated. You’ll run the risk of looking like an old General fighting the new war with the strategies of the last war.”

Post about the Game!!! :D

I am ready for the challege, i just got a ticket to play AAG40 at Gencon, who else is going?

• finally a Kriegsmarine to be reckoned with!

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I am! Which time slot are you in?

• For global 1940, I bought tickets for the 2pm on friday and the 10am on saturday.

I will also probably be there on thursday to see if I can the get a seat at the 1pm, i didnt see the sence in paying eight more dollars if a generic will do the job, not alot of people have bought tickets for that spot.

This will be my first gencon

• Man I eat every little bit of this info up. Larry, please do more!

• This will be my first gencon

Please take good pictures and post them on this site ASAP.  Many hundreds are counting on you.

• How do I upload JPEG images?

• @Imperious:

Please take good pictures and post them on this site ASAP.  Many hundreds of rabid, info-starved fans are counting on you.

Fixed.

• @Imperious:

Please take good pictures and post them on this site ASAP.  Many hundreds are counting on you.

Make sure you get a photo of Europe after setup.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

How do I upload JPEG images?

JPG’s are uploaded on your average camera (well Sony at least, is how they do it, but I think it’s the same.)

• Hey guys!  I know this is not the right place to post this, but…
    Mods - can you make a new forum category for the Global game?  It might make it easier that threads spread around… just a thought.
    Thanks.

• '10

can you make a new forum category for the Global game?  It might make it easier that threads spread around… just a thought.

the only person who can do that is djensen, and a request was made to him long ago

• ok, thanks!

• I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on what power(s) Larry was playing. In both posts he is talking about each power in the third person. He never says when I did this or that. Its the German player, or Stalin….

• Probably doesn’t want us critiquing him on what he should and should not have done.  :wink:

• I think he might have been UK. He seams rather proud of the Java fortress strat giving Jap hell.

• He also seemed rather proud if how well Russia was holding up.

• Yea I thought that two, but he gave a detailed account of the historic 3 prong attack that Germany was making on the 3 Russian VC’s as well. He also seemed to be conflicted w/how Jap is doing in the Pacific.  Maybe he’s playing by himself, just testing different strats (something that most of us have done). Just think he can say its for work, the rest of us just seem crazy to our families  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m