• No doubt men get the worse end in divorces.

• @RogertheShrubber:

@ABWorsham:

@RogertheShrubber:

My girldfriend got a Wii, we were playing Mario Kart all weekend.  Also I am almost done paying off my girlfriends engagement ring ($5200), my pops gave me the last 750 to pay it off.

Wow, 5200 for an engagement ring, mine cost 35 dollars, I’m not joking.

The ring was actually priced down.  She cut 400 off since I paid half up front.  Paid the rest off over the past year.  Karat and a half.  I got it back home in Iowa because taxes in Chicago are insane.

I’m not a cheap ass, I need to clear that up. I gave my wife the choice of a ring or the down payment of a house.

• @ABWorsham:

No doubt men get the worse end in divorces.

Actually the person that gets the worst end of the divorce is the one who is the most responsible in the relationship. It is the slacker who gets the reward.

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce. So if you stay unmarried you never have to worry about such things.

• @Imperious:

Marriage is the leading cause of divorce. So if you stay unmarried you never have to worry about such things.

Yes,stay unmarried.

• @RogertheShrubber:

I will take head your words.  But I am not sure how I can broach the subject to her.

Approach that subject as if it was a sleeping bear. Very very carefully.

Marriage is hard, and at times I wonder why I got married. But it has its good qualities also. Just make damn sure that you know her well.

• I don’t know what is worse being lonely or being unhappily married.

• @Brain:

I don’t know what is worse being lonely or being unhappily married.

Unhappily married.

You can even be lonely while married.  But at least when you are lonely you don’t have to deal with anyone else, you’re (probably) single, and things can only go up.  As long as you shake the lonely vibe…

• You can be married or happy and usually never both at the same time.

• Either you guys are all dead wrong or I live in an extremely sheltered world. I have only had one divorce within my knowledge of people I know. And that number of people that I know and am on good relations with is in the several hundreds, spread across Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and Australia.

Marriage is a commitment of love. Love is a commitment of the heart. We are all naturally selfish and self-centered. Scientists for the life of them cannot understand the concept of beings willing to sacrifice themselves for another, give up things for a loved one. They cannot explain relationships other than mating purposes, family is merely a “physical bond.”

This society has lost the meaning of love. It’s not all about me. Your needs aren’t important. It’s theirs. If you and your partner are willing to work together, to build each other up, to enjoy one another’s company, to help the other when they’re down, no matter the cost, then you are in love.

Here is one of the most amazing definitions of love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

This is found in 1 Corinthians 13.

Now, to bring this in a circle back to the original topic. Remember the greatest gift of all. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son.” John 3. This is the origin of Christmas. Every time you give, you are imitating this. Do it for the same reason.

• Marriage is in no way easy. I knew my wife 18 years before we married. There have not been very many surprises.

However my brother married a girl after knowing her for six weeks. Since then she has stolen 6,000.00 dollars from our grandfather, stolen small items from four other people and just got busted having an affair with a 15 year old boy. And he has two kids in all this mess with her.

The moral of the story is get to know your mate if you choose to marry.

@cts17:

Either you guys are all dead wrong or I live in an extremely sheltered world. I have only had one divorce within my knowledge of people I know. And that number of people that I know and am on good relations with is in the several hundreds, spread across Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and Australia.

Marriage is a commitment of love. Love is a commitment of the heart. We are all naturally selfish and self-centered. Scientists for the life of them cannot understand the concept of beings willing to sacrifice themselves for another, give up things for a loved one. They cannot explain relationships other than mating purposes, family is merely a “physical bond.”

This society has lost the meaning of love. It’s not all about me. Your needs aren’t important. It’s theirs. If you and your partner are willing to work together, to build each other up, to enjoy one another’s company, to help the other when they’re down, no matter the cost, then you are in love.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Now, to bring this in a circle back to the original topic. Remember the greatest gift of all. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son.” John 3. This is the origin of Christmas. Every time you give, you are imitating this. Do it for the same reason.

Good Word.

GG

• @cts17:

Either you guys are all dead wrong or I live in an extremely sheltered world. I have only had one divorce within my knowledge of people I know. And that number of people that I know and am on good relations with is in the several hundreds, spread across Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, and Australia.

All that’s being said is that no one will watch your back like yourself, so protect it because you can’t ever know all about someone or what they will do.

Besides, it’s probably too cold in Canada for carousing.  :mrgreen:

• Marriage is fine as long as you have a prenup.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m