• So does the world actually end or does John Cusack save the day?

• Typical result. He saved the world but looks like he dies trying, but he does not. Typical. Oh and the dog gets saved too…just like ID4.

The facial expressions of the main characters as they fly out of danger are so weak, you wonder if they would be better at doing a new Hanna Montana movie.

Just once they need to make a movie where they don’t focus on whether a dog lives or dies only to be saved, while millions of other people are lost.

They did that once, but that movie had no special effects till the last 5 minutes ( forgot the title but it is the one with the big tidal wave at the end).

Surprised Taco Bell didn’t do any product tie ins: “The 2012 Mega Burrito Mega Meal, with upgraded 82 OZ coca cola supertanker diabetes refreshment”

• I love all these end of the world stories we get all the time. I can remember quite a few, one was we were all going to die when Halley’s comet returned according to the Jehova Witnesses. And then we got to hear all that Nastrodamus stuff telling us the world would end around 2000. Now its the 2012 crap, and when 2012 passes we will be hearing some new end of the world story. I think I’ll come up with my own B.S. story so I can write a book and capitalize on all the hysteria. Hell I got a cpu;e of years to get it ready so I better gat started so I can have it ready by 2013. Anybody interested in this project……I need some creative minds so this project will be 4:20 friendly.

• @Jermofoot:

So does the world actually end or does John Cusack save the day?

! He actually does not “save” the world, no one does, but he does “save” the people on the ship he is on from crashing into Mount Everest and they make thier way to the only remaining land mass left that rose up 1000 feet - Africa. It is a bit much to be believable. :-P

• @Brain:

I love all these end of the world stories we get all the time. I can remember quite a few, one was we were all going to die when Halley’s comet returned according to the Jehova Witnesses. And then we got to hear all that Nastrodamus stuff telling us the world would end around 2000. Now its the 2012 crap, and when 2012 passes we will be hearing some new end of the world story. I think I’ll come up with my own B.S. story so I can write a book and capitalize on all the hysteria. Hell I got a cpu;e of years to get it ready so I better gat started so I can have it ready by 2013. Anybody interested in this project……I need some creative minds so this project will be 4:20 friendly.

Well first things first…I want a disaster movie that is actually a disaster.  Like everyone dies.

I got it!  It’s the future.  Everything is a utopia.  And then the sun goes supernova.  People find religion again and hope god is on his way.  Alien contact is made and they promise to whisk the humans away to safety.  But what they don’t know is that these are actually Probulons coming to do tests on mankind.  So they pick up all the people, probe them, then eat them alive.  Then they laugh with their bellys full as they arrive on their planet that is made of chocolate and beer.  The end.

Book it - blockbuster. And I’m not even high.

@Panzer:

@Jermofoot:

! He actually does not “save” the world, no one does, but he does “save” the people on the ship he is on from crashing into Mount Everest and they make thier way to the only remaining land mass left that rose up 1000 feet - Africa. It is a bit much to be believable. :-P

Yeah…that’s just awful.  Do they even say why Africa rose?

• SPOILER ALERT CONTINUED

I do not beleive they do, other then the whole world shifts and sinks into the waters, all except Africa that somehow rises up 1000 ft from the earth plates shifting?

It is alot to swallow. All this is caused by the largest sun flare in history resulting in mutated nutrinos which “heat” up the earth’s core and result in “Old Faithful” becoming a super volcano and California falling into the sea, to name a few events.

• Its a borrowed motif from another movie.

A couple of years ago they had this disaster movie where the Americans were fleeing into Mexico. It is the one where the earth gets really cold. Anyway the symbolism is to poke fun at our attitude about Mexicans because when their poor needs to come across to find jobs, during a disaster they happen to be in a warmer climate and we swarm their borders…to get in…

For Africa, The world pretty much shuns the problems in Africa, but after the disaster Africa in the position to save humanity… in a way making them more humane and civilized. They also tie in the issue of the “cradle of civilization” theme to add some pseudo science bit, like the earth is basically recycling back to the way it was at some place before humans arrived.

Needless to say it is crock.

• @Panzer:

@Jermofoot:

Which part of the movie did you find unbelievable? :-D

• @Brain:

@Panzer:

@Jermofoot:

Which part of the movie did you find unbelievable? :-D

Besides some of the earth changes that seemed just too much to happen all at once like that, I think the second husband’s pilot skills for a person that is just learning, are a little too good, especially when he’s dodging falling buildings, etc and then after that he’s flying an Antropov next.

It had its moments of entertainment but not sure how “realistic” it really is.

• Realism doesn’t sell tickets.

• @Brain:

Realism doesn’t sell tickets.

You are correct. It was okay for a disaster movie but I won’t buy it for my collection as it is just not that good.

Merry Christmas to you.

• I really wanted to walk out on this stupid ass movie, but I stayed till the end.  Dumbest movie since “Swing Kids”.

Did you know the Nazis didn’t like dancing?  They also hated Rainbows and kittens as well.

Ya know, it’s not fair.  The Holocaust gets all the publicity and no one ever remembers the poor swing kids who were not allowed to dance.  It is like the the “flash dance” of the 30s and 40s.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m