What We Want the Next AA boardgame to be.

• @Upside-down_Turtle:

@Imperious:

no way I want little 1/2 inch colonial fighters, tie fighters, x wings, and cylon raiders like 30 each player,

then each player gets another set of cylon baseships, destroyers, cruisers, and battlestars about 1.5-2 inch each, plus the death star and tons of star destroyers in various designs.

A bag of chips, and a huge map with lots of star systems and control markers. 12-16 pages of rules using the AA system. Id would be the best game ever.

It would include a deck of cards with generals and other random events cards.  It would contain a diplomacy phase.

This could also be done using the Space Cruiser Yamato game as the storyline. Or Star Trek

I second the motion  :-)

thirdseys!!

• @LuckyDay:

@Upside-down_Turtle:

@Imperious:

no way I want little 1/2 inch colonial fighters, tie fighters, x wings, and cylon raiders like 30 each player,

then each player gets another set of cylon baseships, destroyers, cruisers, and battlestars about 1.5-2 inch each, plus the death star and tons of star destroyers in various designs.

A bag of chips, and a huge map with lots of star systems and control markers. 12-16 pages of rules using the AA system. Id would be the best game ever.

It would include a deck of cards with generals and other random events cards.  It would contain a diplomacy phase.

This could also be done using the Space Cruiser Yamato game as the storyline. Or Star Trek

I second the motion  :-)

Thirdsies!!

Too late, I beat you to the post.  You’ve got fourthsies.  :-P

• The next A&A game should be a 1939 global war with diplomacy, politics and backstabbing, as well the usual air, ground and naval units and rules.

“Generals are professional soldiers, but amateur politicians”.

• i agree

• I voted for Stalingrad and Other.

My “other” game would be A&A: North Africa, with Italian forces, convoy raids and commandoes…

• @Sergente_nella_neve:

I voted for Stalingrad and Other.

My “other” game would be A&A: North Africa, with Italian forces, convoy raids and commandoes…

Yep, Commandoes would be sick

They could either “disrupt” an enemy territory and stop it’s income, or they could do the commando equivalent to an strat. bombing raid

• I like the Idea of a north africa game, it would give us more pieces for Italy, and give us a part of the war that really wasn’t touched on in previous games.

A ww1 version would be great! make molds for calvary and machine guns, and have tanks be a tech. no matter what people say, ww1 was not “boring as shit” have troops able to entrench. it would make a very interesting game

• @Imperious:

Well many models are now available, just make up the ruleset.

• Those are too large. I will take Twilight Imperium III and II pieces, plus others

• @Imperious:

Those are too large. I will take Twilight Imperium III and II pieces, plus others

yah what is wrong with just playing Twilight Imperium, thats already a good space with axis and allies like rules

• Its too Euro. It has way too many tedious turn phases that are complicated, then reduces the best part of the game COMBAT IN SPACE as a uber simplistic affair.

I prefer to throw out most of these ‘trading’ decisions and concentrate on the 4X concept:

“eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate”.

the saying goes we don’t need no stinking diplomacy we want war!

• @Imperious:

the saying goes we don’t need no stinking diplomacy we want war!

Hear hear!

• @Emperor_Taiki:

BSG is ok, I hate star wars

maybe we should stick to WW2

defninetly no WW1, that war was boring as $!@%

‘Yawn, another 2 million deads by an insane attack
    so, nothing new?’

• WW1 is very interesting. The aspect you allude to is the lack of mobility, but that was not the case in the east, or against campaigns in the middle east. Jutland was the most incredible sea battle ever.  Plus 600 foot long zeppelins bombing England, Chemical weapons, Huge rail guns, crazy looking tanks and planes all lend a real charm to the festivities. Some of the most insane ideas were tried and used in this war and the whole affair does not stink of the NAZI ‘thing’. Its basically the last romantic war.

well sort of.

• There are alot of cool and wierd weapons in World War I that are fun to play with
    and the Eastern front, Balkans, and Middle East, had cool fighting.

but the Western Front stinks just as bad as the Nazis, plus it was boring from a Axis and Allies scale.

What we should have is an Advanced Axis and Allies that covers alomst all of the war, with the latest starting date being summer 1940.

• I voted for AAE &AAP combo. Theses games need to be revised and be able to combine. Thats the ultimate A&A game. Also an A&A Med or A&A North Africa would be amazing.

• i voted other, just because i agree with everyone who has mentioned a game that starts at at the begining of the war

i’d probably lean towards starting it just after poland has been invaded, so the norway debacle hasn’t occured yet. failing that, just before france in attacked through the neutral states. the normal a&a ruleset should be fine, but some sort of diplomacy rules should be introduced, as well as rules for attacking and invading neutrals

if diplomacy is too complex, you could always make some kind of rule that keeps russia and america neutral until they are attacked, a certain number round is reached, or they have a list of reasons they can go to war and can do so once one of these is met. until that time they only get half or less of their IPC count to show they aren’t gearing towards war

there could be convey zones again, oil zones, neutral countries can have their own water zones, which are out of bounds unless you want to beak their neutrality or they allow you to (spain for germany)

obviously it would be a more complex game, but most of us enjoy spending multiple, multiple hours with our board games

• I vote fo rthe very beging of the war or immeditly after france falls so fall 1939 or summer 1940, alot was decided after those two points in the war that is missed even if you start in summer 1941

It would not be good to start the game between after poland is conquered and france falls, becasue france is just screwed even more.

I like having the whole world and not just europe and the pacific, it seems more complete and dynamic in that format.

• Customizer

North Africa really has to include the entire Mediterranean area.

http://66.125.84.108/aaa/aaapotd/cut80V11.jpg

• cool map

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m