• @Cmdr:

Screw Rachel.

+1 Karma for the mental image you have conjured.  :-)

Well Stuka, I think a lot of cooks would tell ya experimenting is part of the fun and maybe a central idea to cooking.  I really like Alton Brown’s show Good Eats because he takes a simple food item, tells you how to make it but is also very informative and entertaining.

And if we are choosing hottest cooks, it’s got to be Nigella Lawson. Mmmm…English Muffins.

• 2007 AAR League

@F6FHellcat:

Giada is better food and look than Rachel.

Can’t argue with that.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jermofoot:

I really like Alton Brown’s show Good Eats because he takes a simple food item, tells you how to make it but is also very informative and entertaining.

He’s the bomb, Cooking and Science all in one show!  Kudos Jemofoot!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, Good Eats and his Feasting on Asphalt/Waves are both good.

And Mollari, stop hiding in general discussion threads and get some posts up in our games. :P  Don’t make me come over there, roast you a prime rib dinner with all the trimmings to get you to throw some dice!

• Diners drive ins and dives

The F word

Kitchen nightmares

Hells Kitchen

Iron Chef

Throwdown ( where bobby flay loses everytime)

best food shows!

• You’re exactly right, Jermo. I started it simple with stove top pans and crock pots. Then got into working on proper oven temps, timing, and like Jen said, throwin in what smells good.

• Lately my family has wanted me to make Russian chicken.  All you do is:

1 bottle of Russian salid dressing,
    2 packets of Lipton onion soup mix,
    2 small jars of apricot preserves.

I use boneless chicken breast.

My aunt used to put them in the oven I prefer the crock pot.

My 16 month old eats it and he doesn’t even like meat.  8-)

• This thread is making me hungry!!!

Let me tell you one simple recipe that seems very ghetto, but I have a guilty pleasure for it.

Take a casserole pan.  Brown some ground beef and layer it on the bottom.  Then add a layer of grated cheese…cheddar works well but use whatever you like.  Then top it off with a legion of tater tots.  Bake that until the tots are cooked.  Then eat the hell out of it.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Sounds like a White Trash version of Shepard’s Pie, Jermo.  I bet it tastes really good too!

I like garlic salt dusted on pan-fried chicken breasts.  I buy the 5 pound box and make them all, then I can snack on them for lunches all week.

Also good is a 15 ounce can of peaches poured over chicken legs and roasted in the oven (350 F) for an hour.  I get the sugar free myself since no one in this country needs more sugar!

• @Jermofoot:

!

Let me tell you one simple recipe that seems very ghetto, but I have a guilty pleasure for it.

Take a casserole pan.  Brown some ground beef and layer it on the bottom.  Then add a layer of grated cheese…cheddar works well but use whatever you like.  Then top it off with a legion of tater tots.  Bake that until the tots are cooked.  Then eat the hell out of it.

That looks like something I could easily do.

And yeah, it would be a ghetto delight. Very tasty!

• Are you Dugger child?

• Cooking is a good skill to have.

• Racheal Ray, hot or not?

Does this subject deserve a poll?

• @F6FHellcat:

Are you Dugger child?

I’m not sure why you brought this up, but last time I checked my mom’s hooha was not a clown car.  I only have 1 brother.

@ABWorsham:

Racheal Ray, hot or not?

Does this subject deserve a poll?

I think you should list off a few options, and some examples can already be gathered here.

• Take a casserole pan.  Brown some ground beef and layer it on the bottom.  Then add a layer of grated cheese…cheddar works well but use whatever you like.  Then top it off with a legion of tater tots.  Bake that until the tots are cooked.  Then eat the hell out of it.

My friend… this will give you diabetes fairly quickly…perhaps with rice instead? both turn to sugar, but potatoes are far worse.

• @Imperious:

My friend… this will give you diabetes fairly quickly…perhaps with rice instead? both turn to sugar, but potatoes are far worse.

I don’t eat it everyday. :)

I do have a recipe for brown rice casserole from my grandma which is really yummy.  Can’t remember all the details but it’s brown rice, mushrooms, onion, and either french onion soup or beef stock (probably the latter in your case).  :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

And Mollari, stop hiding in general discussion threads and get some posts up in our games. :P  Don’t make me come over there, roast you a prime rib dinner with all the trimmings to get you to throw some dice!

I’ll send you my address! :-D :-D

• @Jermofoot:

@F6FHellcat:

Are you Dugger child?

I’m not sure why you brought this up, but last time I checked my mom’s hooha was not a clown car.  I only have 1 brother.

Is because Duggar family make Tater Tot Casserole famous.

• Is because Duggar family make Tater Tot Casserole famous.

ok what is the deal with those people? are they catholic? Lutheran? Mormon?

only a religion could do this to a family.

• They Fundamentalist Christian of some kind.  She in her forties and given birth to 15 or 16 children.  No twins.  They have TV shows about family.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m