• @Bardoly:

@GrafZeppelin:

Follow-up question!

@GrafZeppelin:

If I have 2 Armours and 3 Infantry in Libya and Trans-Jordan is also under my control, is it then possible for me to capture Egypt using the Inf on the combat round , and then move my Armours through Egypt to Trans-Jordan on the non-combat move??

If my 3Inf in the scenario above are losing can they then retreat to Trans Jordan instead of Libya??

Your answers will be highly appreciated,

Thanx

/GrafZeppelin

Yes, they may.

No, they may not!!!

You can only retreat to a territory from which at least one ground unit came from.  If the attackers only came from libya, they can only retreat to libya.  However, if you had just one unit joining the attack from TRJ, then the whole force could retreat to TRJ if you wanted.

• The second answer is not entirely correct. To be able to retreat to Trans-Jordan at least one of the units participating in the combat in Egypt would have had to have come from Trans-Jordan. If all the units came from Libya they can only retreat back to Libya.

• Duly noted!

Thanx again :-D

/GrafZeppelin

• @Bardoly:

@GrafZeppelin:

Hi all,

Please help clarify the following scenario:

If I have 2 Armours and 3 Infantry in Libya and Trans-Jordan is also under my control, is it then possible for me to capture Egypt using the Inf on the combat round , and then move my Armours through Egypt to Trans-Jordan on the non-combat move??

I’ve seen people do it! but it seems rater odd to me!

Thanx,

/GrafZeppelin

Yes, they may.

Since when?  I don’t have my rulebook with me right now, but since when can a unit move through an “embattled” territory during non-combat?  You can’t destroy a boat and then move through the sea zone in non-combat with other boats.  I don’t think land combat is any different.  If I’m wrong, I know you will correct me and show me the rule.
    Thanks.

• @GrafZeppelin:

Follow-up question!

@GrafZeppelin:

If my 3Inf in the scenario above are losing can they then retreat to Trans Jordan instead of Libya??

Your answers will be highly appreciated,

Thanx

/GrafZeppelin

The answer is yes to both questions

• Official Q&A

TimTheEnchanter and a44bigdog are correct.

@gamerman01:

Since when?  I don’t have my rulebook with me right now, but since when can a unit move through an “embattled” territory during non-combat?  You can’t destroy a boat and then move through the sea zone in non-combat with other boats.  I don’t think land combat is any different.  If I’m wrong, I know you will correct me and show me the rule.
    Thanks.

Since always.  Land and sea units may move through any friendly space during noncombat movement, regardless of its previous status.  Only air units are restricted from moving into territories that you didn’t control at the beginning of your turn.

• OK, that’s big.  Hasn’t come up in one of my games yet.  Can you tell me where to look in my rulebook in case an opponent questions my clever moves?

• Wow, I’ve really been playing wrong then.  I thought a DD (or any other lone surface ship) could stop a massive fleet from moving 2 zones, but it can’t.  They can just sink the lone boat and then advance through the zone to a second zone as long as there are no hostile surface ships in the second zone.
    I’m gonna check my rulebook and errata immediately when I get home.

• New question!  The way the map is drawn, it appears that Panama borders the EUSA.  Of course, in real life geography, there is a lot of Mexico between the smaller Central American states and the USA.  Also, Panama appears to border SZ10??  So is this a major departure from prior A&A games where you had to go through Mexico to get from Panama to EUS?  I don’t recall this question being included in the official errata.
    Thanks a lot.

• @gamerman01:

OK, that’s big.  Hasn’t come up in one of my games yet.  Can you tell me where to look in my rulebook in case an opponent questions my clever moves?

OK, I’m home with my rulebook and I find nothing about “embattled” zones and nothing to prohibit movement through an area that was just cleared in the Combat phase.  My arsenal of strategies just increased, I suppose.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

The way the map is drawn, it appears that Panama borders the EUSA.  Of course, in real life geography, there is a lot of Mexico between the smaller Central American states and the USA.  Also, Panama appears to border SZ10??

Yup.

@gamerman01:

So is this a major departure from prior A&A games where you had to go through Mexico to get from Panama to EUS?

It was the same way in Revised.

• @gamerman01:

@gamerman01:

OK, that’s big.  Hasn’t come up in one of my games yet.  Can you tell me where to look in my rulebook in case an opponent questions my clever moves?

OK, I’m home with my rulebook and I find nothing about “embattled” zones and nothing to prohibit movement through an area that was just cleared in the Combat phase.  My arsenal of strategies just increased, I suppose.

gamerman01: for AA50, page 21, Phase 5 Noncombat move:

The key phrase is friendly territories, once combat is over, if you won, the territory is now friendly and you can move your units (if they didn’t move during combat).

And regarding your other question about dd stopping movements of all ships (only during combat but once it’s cleared yes, naval units may pass through it).

"Phase 5: Noncombat Move
    In this phase, you can move any of your units that did not move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn. This is a good time to gather your units, either to strengthen vulnerable territories or to reinforce units at the front. You will also land all your aircraft that participated in and survived the Conduct Combat phase.
    Only aircraft and submarines may move through hostile spaces during this phase.

Where Units Can Move

Land Units: Land units can move into any friendly territories. They cannot move into hostile territories (not even those that contain no combat units but are enemy-controlled). Note, this is the only phase in which antiaircraft guns can move. Air Units: An air unit must end its move in an eligible landing space. Bombers and fi ghters may land in any territory that
    was friendly at the start of your turn."

• '10

Wow, I’ve really been playing wrong then.  I thought a DD (or any other lone surface ship) could stop a massive fleet from moving 2 zones, but it can’t.  They can just sink the lone boat and then advance through the zone to a second zone as long as there are no hostile surface ships in the second zone.

only units not moved during combat can move through the zone during the noncombat phase.  one a unit engages in combat, it can’t move any further.

• Official Q&A

@johnnymarr:

one a unit engages in combat, it can’t move any further.

Unless it’s an air unit.

• Got it, and agree - thanks a lot, guys!  That’s all I see in the rulebook too.

• Fact:  you cannot blitz through a territory with any enemy units, including AA and IC.

Question:  Japan has a trn in sz 35 with 2 inf in ind.  they have an inf and 3 arm in per.  trj has an AA, egy is empty.  I transport 2 inf from ind to egy sz 35 -> sz 34.  I move an inf from per -> trj.  Can I move the 3 arm from per to egy in ncm?

• @gnasape:

@gamerman01:

@gamerman01:

gamerman01: for AA50, page 21, Phase 5 Noncombat move:

The key phrase is friendly territories, once combat is over, if you won, the territory is now friendly and you can move your units (if they didn’t move during combat).

And regarding your other question about dd stopping movements of all ships (only during combat but once it’s cleared yes, naval units may pass through it).

"Phase 5: Noncombat Move
    In this phase, you can move any of your units that did not move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn. This is a good time to gather your units, either to strengthen vulnerable territories or to reinforce units at the front. You will also land all your aircraft that participated in and survived the Conduct Combat phase.
    Only aircraft and submarines may move through hostile spaces during this phase.

Where Units Can Move

Land Units: Land units can move into any friendly territories. They cannot move into hostile territories (not even those that contain no combat units but are enemy-controlled). Note, this is the only phase in which antiaircraft guns can move. Air Units: An air unit must end its move in an eligible landing space. Bombers and fi ghters may land in any territory that
    was friendly at the start of your turn."

souL: the answer would be yes as both trj and eqy are friendly territory during NCM phase.

• The Blitzkrieg just got much nastier!!!  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

AA question.

If the UK\US liberates Moscow and has AA guns on Russian territory, do the AA Guns change ownership to russia when the territories revert to Russian control?

• Page 20 of the rulebook under

Capturing and Liberating Capitals:

If a capital is liberated, the industrial complex and any antiaircraft guns in that capital territory revert ownership to the
    original owner of the capital. Territories and industrial complexes that are controlled by the newly liberated capital’s owner
    but are in the hands of friendly powers also revert ownership. Antiaircraft guns outside the newly liberated capital territory
    remain under their pre-liberation ownership.

Hope that answers your question EM!

Gamerman01 and I were having a discussion about this couple days ago and Gamerman01 pointed it out, so the credit goes to Gamerman01!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m