Some more of my stuff and modifications.

• @DMcLaren
    Don’t forget straightening ship hulls and tank gun barrels. Although, now you mention it, I think these wings were forgotten.
    You’ll have to forgive an old man with CRS. HaHa.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Yes! Although I’ve not photographed the tanks yet and FOlewnik used his heat gun to straighten the hulls of the Japanese light cruisers. Oh no- you have CRS, too? It’s genetic in my family and although my parents claimed to have it as soon as they started having kids, it didn’t seem to hit me until after 50. Fortunately, “Can’t Remember Stuff” isn’t contagious!

• Exceptional work on the mods! Did you hand letter the fuselage and tail?

• @folewnik
    82 and tail letters decals, circles drawn.
    Normally I’d draw black numbers and such but I ordered a set of white decals, was sent black by mistake and told to keep them.

• Impressive. I know just how hard that is. They look just great. For the cockpit I would paint the entire area black,let dry ,and then come back over it with a darker grey metallic, Leaving a thin black line a the bottom to outline the edge.Then paint one coat of wash to mute the metallic just enough to look like glass. Canopy lines in black over that if warranted.A suggestion only.

• Thanks for input. None of my metallics really fit. Remembered I have a Vallejo gunmetal blue to late.
    20200511_204835~2.jpg
    In back is a sanded down B-17 I was using for testing that didn’t turn out to bad either. Dress it up as a Russian copy Tu-4.

• Finally a Jagdpanther! I guess 3rd time is a charm.
    20200521_103803~2.jpg
    20200521_103718~4.jpg
    First 2 attempts were with the current Panther hull, couldn’t get the symmetry right.
    Went back to the first gen. panther for this one. The hull being a bit longer and the lack of skirts might help.
    Also, I think I’ve found a good cannon barrel replacement material. This is the bamboo core from an incense stick.
    Stay safe.

• @Mr-Kell

Nice ! Can you light the incense to give it a smoking barrel look ? : )

• @barnee
    HaHa
    I love the smell of sandalwood in the morning!

• Been bringing my artillery and AA pieces up to current appearance standards. Got bored with that assembly line work, made these.
    Have a heavy transport house tech. rule, normally a small tape flag on aft mast is now this.20200502_084414~2.jpg

• Since I had the U.S. naval colors out, I pushed through with the Lexington rebuild.
    Here’s the previous look.
    Screenshot_2020-06-16-22-46-11~3.png
    Reused everything but the rear structure, boosting the fwd. island about 1.5mm. Rear section fabricated with styrene stock.
    20200617_054816~2.jpg
    Think I might have gone a little to big? Still 100% better. That’s what I get for trying to use the rear of a classic tank turret the first time.
    Stay safe all.

• Greetings.
    Has it been a rough few months or what? Hope everyone’s doing well.
    Since my set has been trapped in a buddies basement since last summer, I haven’t been able to work on or get pics of what has been finished.
    I have been dipping into HBG’s 3d printed selection, picking up a set of Crusaders; a Nelson; an Eagle CV; some Iowas and the Graf Spee.
    20210113_055017~2.jpg
    20210203_080004~2.jpg
    20210112_171834~2.jpg

20210112_170533~2.jpg
    Still not 100% sure about my Royal Navy color palette, but they should be close.
    I also liked the Indiana enough to put her in with Missouri.
    Oh I found a WIP of some US. dudes.
    20200811_163333~2.jpg
    Stay safe.

• Greetings.
    Just a few more things I’ve been keeping busy with.
    20210525_071225~2.jpg
    Fuso from HBG.
    20210524_104651~2.jpg
    With some AFV examples from IWNGU.
    Stay safe.

• Greetings all:
    Happy days (maybe) everyone in the group’s been jabbed, and there’s been talk of resuming gaming. I’m hopeful. Anyway, here’s a few new pieces they’re going to see…
    20210915_040303.jpg
    Some injection molded Pzkfw VI b.
    20211002_030425_resized.jpg
    A replacement Sharnhorst.
    20211002_031151_resized.jpg
    and Gneisenau.
    20211002_032015.jpg
    And the last I have finished, USS Colorado.
    I removed the radar from Sharnhorst as a nod to his last sortie. Our cat donated a whisker for Gneisenau’s mast. In hindsight, I should have removed the cranes from the German ships then reinstalled them in a better position after painting.

That’s it for now. Stay safe.

• This post is deleted!

• A few more things I’ve been finishing.20220414_103920.jpg Some Corsairs, 262, La-5, Pe-2, Do17 and some Sherman’s. All printed except the Russian fighters.
    May have gone a little overboard on "Little Miss Mischief ", for a game piece.
    Stay safe.

• @mr-kell I’m loving these! That B-17 is the star of the show.

• @mr-kell

It all looks super cool. Just like opening up a World War II History Book.

Have you ever used the Tank & Vehicle 1:285 Scale Models from GHQ Models?

From where do you buy the air units ?

• Greetings and thanks.
    @DMcLaren
    Yeah the details on that B17 were pretty freakin good. I just settled on the subject, put my head down and let the print tell me what was possible. By the time a voice in my head went “STOP!” and I looked back up. I had already grabbed 700 scale props and was harvesting bristles from a vacuum attachment for gun barrels.
    @The-Captain
    Quite a bit of research definitely helps a project like this. Fortunately I have full bookshelves. My universal carriers did come from Ghq, as they were the only ones I could find at the time. Would have liked to get more from them, but couldn’t afford to. Other than those, a few units from I will never grow up, an Fw200 & He177 in 700 scale from Pit Road and some fabricated facilities, everything is from, or a modification of pieces from various A&A sets and Hbg. Sometimes my skills were up to the task. You did great work as well.
    Oops, forgot about the type VII & IX U-boats from shapeways.
    Stay safe.

• Greetings all.
    A few of my latest paint glops for the Regia Aeronautica. 20220728_093203.jpg
    All are Hbg 3D prints, with Ba-65 taking tactical duties, letting Sm-79 be bombers again.
    Take care.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m