19L QF Farmboy(Allies+10) vs ksmckay

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

TripleA Move Summary: French round 6

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 6

Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Iraq to Persia
            1 destroyer moved from 80 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 6

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 fighter and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Sumatra

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 submarines moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 60 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from South Australia to New South Wales
            2 infantry moved from Iraq to Persia
            1 fighter moved from Shensi to Persia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 14 PUs; end with 14 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 17 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 20 PUs

Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Iraq to Persia
            1 destroyer moved from 80 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• '19

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 7

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 7

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 bombers, 6 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Volgograd to Kazakhstan
                  Germans take Kazakhstan from Russians
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Caucasus to Iraq
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Caucasus to Iraq
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
                  Germans take Archangel from Russians
            1 destroyer moved from 113 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            2 bombers and 2 fighters moved from Western Germany to 114 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 bombers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine
                Russians defend with 1 submarine
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 114 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Russians lost in 114 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 2 bombers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Russians: 1 submarine
            Battle in Iraq
                Germans attack with 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers in Iraq, round 2 : 4/6 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Iraq, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Iraq
                Germans win, taking Iraq from British with 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Iraq to Northwest Persia
            9 armour and 8 mech_infantrys moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Volgograd to Northwest Persia
            1 armour and 7 mech_infantrys moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            6 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Caucasus
            1 aaGun moved from Ukraine to Bessarabia
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yugoslavia to Greece
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Southern Italy to Greece
            1 fighter moved from Yugoslavia to Greece
            1 infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 aaGun, 2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Southern France to Normandy Bordeaux
            4 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 115 Sea Zone to Novgorod
            1 carrier and 1 cruiser moved from 113 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Karelia to Archangel
            1 aaGun and 4 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            2 bombers moved from Novgorod to Western Germany
            1 marine moved from Western Germany to Germany
            1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Germany
            1 infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 bombers moved from 114 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from 114 Sea Zone to Novgorod
            1 fighter moved from 114 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 infantry moved from France to Western Germany
            2 bombers moved from Western Germany to Southern Italy

Place Units - Germans
            3 bombers placed in Western Germany
            4 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            3 infantry placed in Novgorod
            3 infantry placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 80 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,1,4
            Germans collect 49 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 50 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 55 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Germans 6 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 59 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 64 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 74 PUs

Germans : 2.00
    British : -0.33

Savegame

• '19

woops, forgot about the german bomber in Yunnan. Do you care if I use that to kill the anzac tt?

• '19

Looks like I completely butchered the edit after Japans last turn. I originally posted a quick NCM change moving my bombers from Phi to Yun, and then moved your russian sub to 114. Then you mentioned that the far east guys should have been moved. So when I edited those guys I didnt realize I didnt include the japanese bomber edit or the soviet sub edit. You fixed the soviet sub edit but the japanese bomber edit was forgotten. I had put them in Yunnan so that they could get to the islands. Would you have done things differently if there were bombers in Yunnan?

• '19

Kind of a big deal as I needed a way to get the island back as I expected you would clear the blocker with US and then you might grab Sum with Anzac (as you did). I needed a way to take that back so I planned on using the bombers. Otherwise I would have had to leave ftrs in Sum to defend it.

Let me take a look. I’m not sure if I would have done so only to draw a transport. My thinking was that you would have to at least move two transports or draw some of the carriers down. But I can also readjust the ANZAC move as if the bombers were there if I think I wouldn’t do it. I don’t think this changes the US move much but I want to check that.

• certainly if I leave the transport, I can edit it out on Russia assuming that the German bomber hit it.

• '19

yeah I mean I get that its a big deal. But that was my thinking too, which is why I needed to move the bombers.

• '19

so lets see what we can come up with - hopefully we can figure something out as leaving as is would really hurt japan (which is why you took the island) but I did address it, but just butchered things with the edits.

I am not sure how the original edits were excluded. I am guessing I reloaded using the autosave and the autosave didnt include my edits. I guess the autosave doesnt happen when you post but when you advance to the next country’s turn?

• @ksmckay I’ll accept the change. But I’ll need a few minutes to look at the map a bit and see how that changes things.

• '19

feel free to do anything you need to. Very little that happened in the pacific (even on US turn) affected what I did with Germany Italy. So almost anything you decide in pacific is acceptable (including changes to US, combat, etc).

• '19

the only things that would affect my moves would be changes to persia stack and use of US/Anzac blockers that the german bomber could have reached.

Yeah, I won’t be changing those things.

Its hard to step back and reevaluate what I might have done differently. I won’t change the anzac turn. I think I would have been up for it on the basis of pulling transports down and putting the bombers out of place. I’ll just put one restriction on the bombers that they have to be used in the islands (where I assume they would be) or India. I’m not sure if this would have changed my China move, but I would have been a little more worried about the China fighter given the amount of air that can now reach (and the possibility you could have given more air a landing zone in Tsinghai.

• '19

yeah they wont do anything in china. I expected them to go to Sum and that is where they will go.

• '19

thanks and sorry again. Confusing set of edits that all stemmed from me not downloading the correct russian file.

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 7

Game History

Round: 7

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 9 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            3 infantry moved from Vologda to Smolensk
            1 artillery moved from Russia to Smolensk
            2 infantry moved from Bryansk to Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Bryansk to Western Ukraine
            2 infantry moved from Bryansk to Rostov
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Belarus
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Western Ukraine
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Persia to Rostov
            1 infantry moved from Bryansk to Belarus

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Western Ukraine
                Russians attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Western Ukraine, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Western Ukraine
                Russians win, taking Western Ukraine from Italians with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Rostov
                Russians attack with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Rostov, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Rostov, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Rostov, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Rostov, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Rostov
                Russians win, taking Rostov from Italians with 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Smolensk
                Russians attack with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Smolensk, round 3 : 1/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Smolensk
                Russians win, taking Smolensk from Italians with 1 artillery and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Belarus
                Russians attack with 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Belarus, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Italians lost in Belarus
                Russians win, taking Belarus from Italians with 1 fighter and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Italians: 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 fighter moved from Belarus to Russia
            1 fighter moved from Western Ukraine to Russia
            1 aaGun moved from Vologda to Smolensk
            1 infantry moved from Samara to Tambov
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Russia
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Russia
            2 aaGuns, 6 artilleries and 29 infantry moved from Bryansk to Tambov
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Rostov to Tambov
            2 aaGuns and 13 infantry moved from Buryatia to Amur
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            2 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Bryansk to Tambov
            2 artilleries and 17 infantry moved from Russia to Tambov

Place Units - Russians
            9 infantry placed in Russia
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by ANZAC from 41 Sea Zone: 1 transport
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from Philippines: 2 bombers
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to Yunnan: 2 bombers
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 24 PUs; end with 24 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 26 PUs
            Trigger Russians 3 Siberia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 28 PUs

Italians : 1.00
    Russians : -2.83

Savegame

• @ksmckay said in 19L QF Farmboy(Allies+10) vs ksmckay:

thanks and sorry again. Confusing set of edits that all stemmed from me not downloading the correct russian file.

no worries. These would normally be more difficult edits to accept because of what has transpired since but I want to play against your intended moves, not one that results from a save error. And in any case, I can see that you had the bombers in Yunnan in your post before you adjusted to address my previous Russia edit. And you shouldn’t be penalized for correcting things for me.

• Also, while I think the move that makes the most sense is Sumatra, if you do decide on a different move that is fine too. I can see that there might be Soviet targets too for example. It’s only the China fighter where I think I might have done something different. Although I don’t think an air attack on that China stack would be a good move (given how close you are to hitting it with land units), I suspect I may have tried to keep an inf or two more and maybe the anzac fighter still to be more certain.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m