• It’s to bad that some territories aren’t needed for bonuses on both sides.

For example lets say E Europe (I know that’s revised) is needed by both Russia and Germany to get their bonus. That would add more salt to the wounds on the eastern front.

LT

• @LT04:

It’s to bad that some territories aren’t needed for bonuses on both sides.

I’m pretty sure that is the case. If USSR has them, no bonus for Germany. If Germany has them, no bonus for USSR.

• @squirecam:

I’m pretty sure that is the case. If USSR has them, no bonus for Germany. If Germany has them, no bonus for USSR.

Correct, there is definitely some overlap between objective territories. Plus the fact that you’ll want to deny your opponent his objectives, even if you don’t need them for a bonus yourself.

• @squirecam:

@variant:

The bonus conditions are just going to railroad the game. Every game will end up being played exactly the same way.

Classic was simply JTDTM.
    Revised has more strategies, but alot of people still KGF.

This new edition changes that. Yes, you are now “forced” to attack in the Pacific.

I find that prospect much better than a game that allows USA to completely ignore Japan.

I just hope there aren’t any broken strats like KGF in this one.  KGF was completely broken IMO  :| just like JTDTM.

• @squirecam:

@variant:

The bonus conditions are just going to railroad the game. Every game will end up being played exactly the same way.

This new edition changes that. Yes, you are now “forced” to attack in the Pacific.

I find that prospect much better than a game that allows USA to completely ignore Japan.

So you want a history book and not a strategy game?

• The bonus idea is the probable solution to those players who try to extend the game into long sessions. The balance in the game should work well for both sides, but the side that holds the bonus the longest will tip the scales and crescendo the effect of defeat on the other side.
    The SBR rules will also remove that stupid “Bunker” mentality of Germany once they have no hope of victory waiting on Japan to roll her tanks into Moscow. Those days are over and now a nation in military demise does not raise up and quickly goes away. I think the axis now have independent goals and less coordination is required. They no longer would want to help each other because it does not help their own bottom line. AA50 will be a multiplayer game unlike the rest.

• It sounds very promising so far,I can’t wait to get my copies.Wish I had more people to play it with though,seems like this will be the best mp version yet.

• @Imperious:

The bonus idea is the probable solution to those players who try to extend the game into long sessions. The balance in the game should work well for both sides, but the side that holds the bonus the longest will tip the scales and crescendo the effect of defeat on the other side.
    The SBR rules will also remove that stupid “Bunker” mentality of Germany once they have no hope of victory waiting on Japan to roll her tanks into Moscow. Those days are over and now a nation in military demise does not raise up and quickly goes away. I think the axis now have independent goals and less coordination is required. They no longer would want to help each other because it does not help their own bottom line. AA50 will be a multiplayer game unlike the rest.

It seem like in some ways it will amplify the Allies needing to be allied and reinforce the loner Axis states.  (maybe with the exception of Italy/Germany).

Why does OCT 23 have to be so far away?

• @variant:

@squirecam:

@variant:

So you want a history book and not a strategy game?

All of us (I suppose) want to play a game that is not anti-historical. We like game with strong history theme and atmosphere. Revised is a great game, I will continue to play it when I want to tank-dash with Japanese armoured division across the Siberia up to Moscow etc. etc.
    I will play AA-50 when I would like to se fleet clashes into the pacific or perform more historical-like manouevre.

All the A&A games are not only strategy game. They are more! Risk is a Strategy game, with all the due respect to Risk.

Axis and Allies games have Strategy (Where and Why to attack or defend), Tactics (with wich forces to attack, withdraw when needed, leaving picket forces) and Logistics (having reinforcements at hands every turn, moving fleet and aircrafts to be positioned to better support the operations) and also diplomacy when played with more than two person (A thing that in my playgroup we always do).

I want a historic wargame!  :-D

• @squirecam:

@LT04:

What I ment was say Germany needs territory 1, 2, 3, and 4 for their bonus.  Then lets say Russia needs territory 4, 5, 6 and 7 for thier bonus.

The bonus territories would overlap.  That would force both sides to fight harder for them.

LT

• @LT04:

@squirecam:

@LT04:

What I ment was say Germany needs territory 1, 2, 3, and 4 for their bonus.  Then lets say Russia needs territory 4, 5, 6 and 7 for thier bonus.

The bonus territories would overlap.  That would force both sides to fight harder for them.

LT

Right. And I’m saying that IS the case. Some territories obviously do overlap.

• Hey squrecam: Didn’t this game allow defender retreats?

I know it does. do tell.

• Squirecam,

Sorry I misunderstood you.

• The place I ordered from phoned earlier to make sure it was ok to charge the pre-orders to the credit card.Anywho they said they were shipping my 2 copies TODAY.

I seriously hope they didnt screw up my order and are sending me two other versions,I thought AA50 wasn’t released till Oct 23?

• @Krupp:

The place I ordered from phoned earlier to make sure it was ok to charge the pre-orders to the credit card.Anywho they said they were shipping my 2 copies TODAY.

I seriously hope they didnt screw up my order and are sending me two other versions,I thought AA50 wasn’t released till Oct 23?

Its not out yet. There is absolutely no way you are getting the new version shipped to you now. They are probably sending you revised. Call them before its too late.

• Well I checked my order,and I ordered 2 of AA50,so if they send me somethin in the mean time,free stuff for me :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m