• Just curious … what professions are out there in the A&A community?

I’m a student and Im studying industrial engineering.

You?

• Parent, husband, student going to school for Electronics Enganiering, work full time at a small tech company in Seattle area working on 3D visers for computer gamers with some gov contracts mixed in.
    prier to that i was in the USMC for 5 years as a Radio Repairman.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Medically Retired Soldier turned Public School Teacher (High School level - Math.)

• 2007 AAR League

historian.(in the making)  double minor in Russian and poly sci.  gonna get some business under my belt.  perhaps be a liason officer b/w international corportations(russian ones of course)

i graduate finally!!!

• '19 Moderator

1st Sales/Estimating/Project managing in a construction related business.

2nd Drafting/design in same field (I moonlight)

And it seems that every 2 or 3 years I have the opportunity to see foreign lands in the service of the Army.  I have done radio repair, Telecommunications, Vehicle recovery, and regular old grunt work, like machine gunner etc…

• Satellite communications technician.

Working to be a novelist. On first book with over 200 pages written… it’s harder than I thought. :-P

Former Marine. 0352 TOW Gunner.

• Graphic Designer in the printing industry. ~ZP

• @balungaloaf:

historian.(in the making)  double minor in Russian and poly sci.  gonna get some business under my belt.  perhaps be a liason officer b/w international corportations(russian ones of course)

i graduate finally!!!

Я хочу изучить русский язык также! i used a translator.

• You know Nuno does alot of that to make people think he knows other languages when he clearly does not.

The difference is your making a joke.

• 2007 AAR League

if you want to study russian cyan, why dont you?  and my new monitor lets everything come up in russian, but i cant type it.  how could i with my keyboard.  anyone know how to change that?

IL, was that to cyan?  if so he said he wants to study russian also.  but i truly do know russian.

• @balungaloaf:

if you want to study russian cyan, why dont you?  and my new monitor lets everything come up in russian, but i cant type it.  how could i with my keyboard.  anyone know how to change that?

Yeah, you have to buy a Russian keyboard, I think.

• IT/Scanning/Floor Manager at a grocery cooperative.  Might be making a move to computer “forensics” in the future for a friend.

@M36:

I just kill people. When I’m out of the Corp though I’m going to work on a criminal justice degree and hopefully get into police work.

Question: would a Marine ever refer to himself as a soldier?

@stuka:

@balungaloaf:

Yeah, you have to buy a Russian keyboard, I think.

You can remap with a utility for some languages.  Not sure if it could be done with Russian, but maybe.

Could also use the Character Map for Cyrillic if you wanted to do it character by character, but I doubt it.

• Back to the original topic…

Eastern Carolina Commercial Accounts Manager for Safety Kleen Systems, Inc. of Plano Texas.

Now beyond the great title…
    I am a sale rep and problem solver for the nation’s largest hazardous waste company.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yes, the Army has this insidious tactic of taking the war mongers and suicidal men with hero complexes and sending them to the Marines where they can charge valiantly, they can attack valiantly, and they can die valiantly.  While we keep the men with the equipment, training and intelligence in reserve so that after the hill is taken, we can go protect it from the enemy. :P

Back to the topic:

I have a TON of respect for salesmen.  I had to do it while running my own company for a while (until I could afford salesmen!) and it takes a certain kind of personality.  You have to be able to be kicked in the genitalia every five minutes, smile and ask if the consumer would like to do it again before you eventually find a sucker that you can close the sale with.

Ugh.  And the worst was cold calling!  But going into the businesses and warehouses also wasn’t great.  Though, everyone loved dealing with me, because I just wanted to get out of the sales situation and to REAL work so badly, I’d give away the farm!

College Student studying for a Communications Degree (Authorship - Fiction and Non, Ghost, Original Work, Screen Writing, Technical Writing, I love it all), and do Freelance Writing to earn the cash on the side (Technical Writing right now)…

GG

• You ARE aware of the fact that is was run-of-the-mill USAF MECHANICS that threw back the Tet Offensive, aren;t you?

They tried to overrun the airfields, and it was mechanics with M16s (and a few with old M1’s) that broke the assault on the airfields…

• Plumber currently while trying to start a career in fiction writing. The body is just no longer fit for the joys of construction work. I also have been a journeyman in several other trades sheet metal, heavy equipment, and painting. Honestly when it comes to construction I have more or less worked in all the trades at one point or another. Also I was an Infantry man along long time ago.

Marines = the first 100 yards
    US Army Infantry = the next 100 miles  :-D

• When you mention the Spartans Jen you are obviously talking about the 300. No disrespect towards the Spartans, but 300 U.S. Marines would not only have held the pass, but gone on the offensive and wiped out the Persian Army.

• And I like service calls even less than you like plumbers. As a mater of fact if it isn’t new commercial or industrial construction in any trade I start losing interest real fast. And if they are not cleaning up after themselves I would be seeking another company, that is part of the job, repairing walls not so much.

• Just a heads up Big Dog, Jen is like John McCain. She likes to put down other peoples jobs so that she feels superior.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m