Axis & Allies Revised Enhanced

• Oh, how come did you didn’t try the same in your game with axisroll at the moment?
    I recall you built carrier instead for G1.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Because Axis Roll informed me all you had to do was bring a suicide ship and you could force the Submarines to run or die.  The AAMC players I’ve played against played with invincible submarines, only way to kill them was with a destroyer present.  No destroyer, not attacks possible which means they can keep firing until you retreat or are sunk.

• @Cmdr:

Because Axis Roll informed me all you had to do was bring a suicide ship and you could force the Submarines to run or die.  The AAMC players I’ve played against played with invincible submarines, only way to kill them was with a destroyer present.  No destroyer, not attacks possible which means they can keep firing until you retreat or are sunk.

You can not attack subs alone without a ship of some sort (no air alone attacks)
    Destroyers are the only unit able to detect subs.
    Undetected subs can dive at the end of the first round of combat.
    For the second round and thereafter, all remaining subs are considered detected.

So without a destroyer, you can force subs to dive (saving CR damage), but not sink them.
    So in essence, unless a sub decides to stay past the first round, you can not sink them without a destroyer.

Buy a submarine and send a fighter out and I could have saved 12 IPC in E. USA and 10 IPC in W. USA for the cost of 16 IPC (if I lost MY submarines.)

22 vs 16 seems like a deal to me. =)

• @Cmdr:

Buy a submarine and send a fighter out and I could have saved 12 IPC in E. USA and 10 IPC in W. USA for the cost of 16 IPC (if I lost MY submarines.)

22 vs 16 seems like a deal to me. =)

plus your sub might hit one of their subs….

One of YOUR subs might hit one of your opponent’s subs.  Not one of MY subs.  My subs couldn’t hit the broadside of California from LA Harbor!

• Hey!

Anyone got an active link to the rules?

😊

• Wow, you’ve dug up an 11 year old thread.  I might have some rules documents if you send me your email (via PM if you prefer some privacy).

No promises, but I should have something on my home computer.

• Hi Bass,
    As it happens, I have a dog eared print out of the rules to hand since I recently dug out my copy of the game to give it a spin (sadly, playing against myself). I can email you a scanned copy if Axis Roll can’t locate his set.

They are excellent: every unit plays a role, National Advantages plus bid makes every game a strategic puzzle before you even start.

It’s one of the reasons I can’t bring myself to get involved with Steam

• @Trusty-Sapper
    Wow, you’ve responded to my reply from a year ago, on a very old thread. I checked my PM’s and I was able to send Bass my most recent version of AARe.

I do agree with you Trusty, that “National Advantages plus bid makes every game a strategic puzzle”
    Don’t forget the targeted tech rolls too. No chance to develop super subs when my scientist were working on long range!

I was a bit upset when it was only a short 5 years after Revised was released (and we fine-tuned Enhanced) that AA50 (Anniversary came out). Everyone ran for the new release and Revised was left to rot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m