19L FMErwinRommel (Axis) vs Wizmark (Allies) BM3 no bid

• '20 '19

@FMErwinRommel edited some US non com I managed to forget :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

The Japanese out-rolled the Americans on land and sea: in the Phil Sea and Kansu. As to the sea battle, thanks for editing. I overlooked the fighter being able to reach and the 3rd sub in the Marianas. So you really under-rolled. I probably would have saved one destroyer, since ANZ has a sub. Let me look at the die rolls and see how that would have affected the hits. I will get to it late this evening. My attacking the U.S. fleet without any transports to take the Phil, meant that I couldn’t take the carriers as hits. But your position in the Phil threatened the whole coast of China. I didn’t build transports previously, because I needed to build up the fleet.

• @wizmark Simple resolution of sz35 battle. I would have taken the sub & 1 dd in round 1. In round 2, I would have taken another dd and a fighter, leaving me with what you edited, except 1 dd and no submerged sub. I will make that edit. That would have left me with 8 units in round 2, instead of 9. The first and last #2 dice were the ones that hit. So removing either, would have reduced total hits from 4 to 3. Since you only had 3 units left in round 2, it didn’t affect the end result, that you had no units left after round 2. I was extremely lucky to survive with so much of my fleet intact. Otherwise, ANZ could have finished me off, in mutual destruction. The Pacific would have been mostly empty.

• '20 '19

@FMErwinRommel Yes, the US rolling was atrocious that round, I was banking on taking the carriers out with the combined attack, but that seems to be off the table now. Very much looking like the world will fall to axis domination now.

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 15

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 15

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 11 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Volgograd to Samara
                  Italians take Samara from Russians
            1 armour moved from Samara to Volgograd
            1 fighter and 2 infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Caucasus
                Italians attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                British defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Caucasus, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Caucasus
                Italians win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 fighter moved from Caucasus to Volgograd
            1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 99 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Greece to 99 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 99 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 98 Sea Zone to Egypt
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Bulgaria
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France

Place Units - Italians
            3 infantry placed in Egypt
            3 infantry placed in Southern Italy
            5 infantry placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 20 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 25 PUs
            Objective Italians 5 Control Convoy Lanes: Italians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 28 PUs
            Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 33 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : -0.67
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• '20 '19

TripleA Move Summary: ANZAC round 15

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Celebes to 44 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo
            1 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo
            2 infantry moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Borneo

Savegame

• '20 '19

TripleA Turn Summary: ANZAC round 15

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Borneo
                ANZAC attack with 1 armour and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour and 3 infantry in Borneo, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Borneo, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Borneo
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour and 2 infantry in Borneo, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Borneo, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese lost in Borneo
                ANZAC win, taking Borneo from Japanese with 1 armour and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 44 Sea Zone to 56 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            2 submarines placed in 54 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Queensland
            1 artillery placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 17 PUs; end with 17 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 23 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 26 PUs

ANZAC : 1.17
    Japanese : 0.00

Savegame

• '20 '19

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 15

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC

Combat Move - ANZAC

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Borneo
                ANZAC attack with 1 armour and 3 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour and 3 infantry in Borneo, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Borneo, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Borneo
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 armour and 2 infantry in Borneo, round 3 : 2/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Borneo, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese lost in Borneo
                ANZAC win, taking Borneo from Japanese with 1 armour and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 44 Sea Zone to 56 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 62 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            2 submarines placed in 54 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Queensland
            1 artillery placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 17 PUs; end with 17 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 23 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

ANZAC : 1.17
    Japanese : 0.00

Savegame

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 16

Game History

Round: 16

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 4x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 81 PUs; 
            Germans buy 3 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 bomber, 2 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            3 artilleries, 1 fighter and 3 infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 bomber and 3 fighters moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            2 bombers moved from Novgorod to Holland Belgium
            5 fighters moved from Egypt to Iraq
            5 bombers moved from Bryansk to Iraq
            1 bomber moved from Bryansk to Iraq
            1 submarine moved from 93 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Strategic bombing raid in Iraq
                    AA fire in Iraq : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                Bombing raid in Iraq rolls: 6 and causes: 6 damage to unit: factory_minor
                Bombing raid in Iraq causes 6 damage total. 
            Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans attack with 3 artilleries, 1 bomber, 4 fighters and 3 infantry
                Americans defend with 4 artilleries, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 4 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 artilleries, 1 bomber, 4 fighters and 3 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 9/11 hits, 4.67 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 4 artilleries and 4 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans, 4 infantry owned by the Americans and 4 artilleries owned by the Americans lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from Americans with 3 artilleries, 1 bomber, 4 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 22
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 4 artilleries and 4 infantry
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 2 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 0/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Holland Belgium
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 3/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 artillery owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from Americans with 1 artillery and 2 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in 91 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 submarine
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 91 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 91 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 91 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
            Battle in Iraq
                Germans attack with 5 bombers and 5 fighters
                British defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 5 bombers and 5 fighters in Iraq, round 2 : 6/10 hits, 5.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 artillery and 3 infantry in Iraq, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans, 1 artillery owned by the British and 3 infantry owned by the British lost in Iraq
                Germans win with 5 bombers and 4 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter
                Casualties for British: 1 artillery and 3 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            6 bombers and 4 fighters moved from Iraq to Egypt
            2 bombers moved from Holland Belgium to Western Germany
            1 bomber moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            2 fighters moved from Northern Italy to Bryansk
            2 fighters moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Northern Italy
            2 fighters moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to France
            2 armour moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            3 armour moved from Volgograd to Bryansk
            1 artillery moved from Tambov to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Volgograd to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Volgograd to Tambov
            3 tactical_bombers moved from Egypt to Bryansk
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Volgograd
            5 submarines moved from 93 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in France
            1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 mech_infantry placed in Western Germany
            3 tactical_bombers placed in Novgorod
            3 armour placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 58 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Trigger Germans 4 Presence In Egypt: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 68 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 70 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 75 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 85 PUs

Germans : 3.00
    British : -0.33
    Americans : 0.67
    AA fire in Iraq : : -0.17

Savegame

The German bombers are back in Egypt, after annihilating the Brits in Iraq and damaging the factory there. And the American beach heads in Western Europe have been eliminated.

• '20 '19

@FMErwinRommel I think I will surrender there and hope for generous peace terms! Well played, it was a tense game…and I have certainly learnt not to ignore the Italian threat as the UK.
    If I had been able to retake cairo might have gone the other way but as it stands just can’t get near doing any damage to Germany. I will post the result forthwith.
    Are you happy to play another game swapping sides?

I graciously accept your surrender. It was a fun game and I enjoyed having you as a worthy opponent, I look forward to swapping sides with the same terms.

Germany was setting up to conquer Moscow next turn. Last turn, I built 2 fighters and 4 tanks with power of 18 and you built nothing because of bombing, and I luckily avoided losing any bombers. This turn, I re-positioned 3 fighters and 3 tactical bombers and built 3 tactical bombers and 3 tanks for another 12 units and 42 power. So I was almost guaranteed taking Moscow. But you could have moved your 22 UK mobile units from Jordan to NW Persia this turn and have the U.S. bombers clear the Caucasus for UK to take Stalingrad next turn. Thus, I would gain a victory city but lose another. Depending on how many German units survived the battle of Moscow, the UK mobile army might have seriously threatened German territory in Russia. Germany would have more planes than ground troops and limited factory capacity in Russia. Italy would have run amuck in the mideast and Africa. The U.S. has lots of income, it would be just a matter of figuring out how to get enough U.S. units to the battle fronts. The game could drag on for a long time. I’m willing to continue playing on unofficially, just for the fun of it. It would be very interesting.

• '20 '19

@FMErwinRommel Mmm…maybe…once the uk industrial base in ME is gone the UK mobile army would soon be worn down without reinforcements. Would be a long drawn out finish but Axis would triumph in the end. Pacific ocean battles finished any hope off.
    New game is up and should be in yr notifications :+1:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m