• Thanks again Clyde.
    Does sound fun.

• @oztea:

A 3 IPC unit is needed to activate Romania, to gain 3 IPCs.
    Technically, activation isn’t necessary

I don’t understand what you are saying.  If he would of activated Romania, Russia would of had 28 IPCs rather than 25.

• Customizer

@oztea:

Are you paying rent on your infantry now? A 3 IPC (cost) unit is needed to to activate Romania, to gain 3 IPC’s per turn.

This is potentially 30 IPC’s by the end of the game.

• @ossel:

@oztea:

Are you paying rent on your infantry now? A 3 IPC (cost) unit is needed to to activate Romania, to gain 3 IPC’s per turn.

If you hold Romania that long.

• Customizer

@BJCard:

@ossel:

@oztea:

If you hold Romania that long.

Hence, potentially.

• But dont you get, like, 6 units when activating romania, 5 inf and 1 art? Or did i read the rules wrong

• Customizer

@Chicochico:

But dont you get, like, 6 units when activating romania, 5 inf and 1 art? Or did i read the rules wrong

Also correct. Not sure where he’s getting this ‘it’s not worth activating Romania’ argument.

So, for pulling 1 (3 IPC) infantry off of another attack to activate Romania, you get:

• 3 IPC’s per turn, as long as you keep it
    • 5 infantry, 1 artillery to represent the Romanian army that you can then move wherever you want.

• @Chicochico:

But dont you get, like, 6 units when activating romania, 5 inf and 1 art? Or did i read the rules wrong

This is true, but they are activated if/when the CPs attack it, so the potential is there for the entire game.  Not saying I wouldn’t activate it, but maybe not if I can’t hold it from counterattack or I need every last Infantry in poland for example.

I will have to check it out when I get the game today :-)

• Customizer

Russia (or indeed any Allied power) can activate Romania at any time by moving in an infantry.

• @Flashman:

Russia (or indeed any Allied power) can activate Romania at any time by moving in an infantry.

Agreed, I was just stating that if the CPs attack it the Romanians are also activated, so it isn’t like you are missing out on those units until Russia activates it.  It can be a barrier territory with Austria too weak to attack & hold.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m