Setting up AA 1941 for the first time

• Greetings,

They give 40 infantry men; but there is not enough for some of the countries per the setup on the back of the book? What am I overlooking? I went through the book for clues but not finding any. Thanks.

Jim

• Are you using tokens?

• Reviving and old thread. . .

I noticed that too.  I’m using tokens, but there just aren’t enough to get comfortably started–I had to cut up little slips of paper, write a “+1” or “+2” on them, and slip them underneath.  The other thing I considered, is using some 12mm dice next to figures to indicate the additional units (they do that in another game I play).

• @TriplerSDMB:

I noticed that too.  I’m using tokens, but there just aren’t enough to get comfortably started–I had to cut up little slips of paper, write a “+1” or “+2” on them, and slip them underneath.  The other thing I considered, is using some 12mm dice next to figures to indicate the additional units (they do that in another game I play).

Yes, 1941 comes with a pretty minimal number of sculpts and its cardboard tokens are, shall we say, sub-optimal.  If you have other A&A games with proper plastic tokens you can borrow those for use with 1941.  And given how cheap the 1941 game is, another solution is to just buy a second copy to double your sculpt numbers.

• I just put my 1941 board and rulebook in my 1942 box, so I have both on me when I take them over a buddy’s house.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m