Alpha 3.9 low luck AA question.

• I have the feeling there is something wrong with the new anti-aircrafts in low luck (they seem way too weak), but i might be doing it wrong…

Is this correct?
    1 AA vs 3 planes: throw a 3 or less = 1 hit  (instead of throwing 3 dice and each 1 is a hit)
    2 AA vs 6 planes = 1 sure hit
    3 AA vs 8 planes = 1 sure hit + 2 or less is a hit
    etc.

If this is correct, doesn’t it mean that (in large battles) the defender is terribly powerless against any large air force?

It feels pointless to ever buy extra AA.

• TripleA

This is correct.

In LL games air is much more reliable for the axis. Hell in dice games you only expect to lose 1-3 air units from 3 aa guns… but sometimes 5 hits happen and you get screwed… but not in low luck games.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

That’s why LL is lame…

• Yeah, i am disliking LL too.

I admit it is practical in counting your attacks, but boy, does it suck for defence. (and i miss the drama and the fear on everyone’s face when i throw AA-dice - i have a mean throw)

• Customizer

Yeah, I’m not crazy about low luck myself. Sure, it can be a time saver with a lot less dice rolling. In some battles with certain numbers and types of units involved, you wouldn’t have to roll at all, just remove automatic hits. Eg: You attack 3 infantry with 6 tanks. The 6 tanks automatically get 3 hits which wipes the infantry out and the 3 infantry automatically get 1 hit so you remove 1 tank. You don’t even need a battle strip for that.
    I still like the chance and surprise you can get from rolling dice for each unit. I will never forget the one game in which I was Germany and had 5 infantry involved in a certain attack. These were regular infantry, not artillery-supported, so they attacked @ 1. I rolled my 5 dice and what do you know? FIVE German crosses pretty as you please. Doubt that will ever happen again, but it was sure cool at the time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m