• 2024 '22 '19 '17 '15

Hi

I noticed that Low Luck isnt very popular in the community. What is the reason for that? I mean with low luck you can effectively plan 2 or three turns in advance, similar to chess, while a small but crucial unlucky fight in normal mode can destroy any plans you might have had.

What you think?

• Well, at least for smaller maps like Global 1940, low luck make things too easy.  You could send 2 fighter at a destroyer, guarantee a hit the first round and only have a 33% chance of losing one fighter.  In regular play, that is a riskier combat move because your two fighters could miss, which is more realistic.

Same goes for land battles.  You can strafe a big stack knowing exactly how many hits you will get on offense and how many you get on defense.  Zero chance for heroic stands and reversal of fortune.  Plain and simple, its just more fun to play dice.

Now, larger maps like NWO or WaW, the stack numbers get very large and using dice you could get such a large number of hits say round 1, that it destroys an equally large stack on defense.  These stacks are easily 2x or more the largest stacks in Global 1940.

• And with global stacks that can reach close to 100 on both sides (pre battle for moscow), it gets very ridiculous in NWO

• TripleA

I play low luck games. Usually I get my low luck mood out on triple A… on this forum not so much.

Strategy is completely different in low luck.

• @Cow:

I play low luck games. Usually I get my low luck mood out on triple A… on this forum not so much.

Strategy is completely different in low luck.

You should post a G40 strategy guide for Low Luck!

Germany and Japan openers LL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m