• The 1942 2E board is split pretty close to right along the same TT as the Global 40 game board. I think it would be fun to play Europe and Pacific scenarios for the 1942 2E.

• Customizer

I wouldn’t mind giving this a try too. For when im in the mood for more than AA41 but don’t have the time for a real game. I’m thinking 3 hours.

• In ‘Pac 42’ USSR reinforcements could appear on Vologda, instead of originating from an IC. This annoying trickle of infantry mimics the performance of China in the 40 game… Everything else is unchanged.

How to win the game:

In ‘Pac 42’ Axis need 5/6 VCs; Allies need Tokyo to win.

In ‘Eur 42’ Axis need 6/7 VCs; Allies need Berlin to win.

I think this works; I will definitely try this out soon.

• Here is my initial list of suggestions for setup, rules, and IPC changes.

The default is that the power’s income is only what is visible on this map. Any extra IPCs I suggest for a power are to be given each turn and to the initial setup

EUROPE MAP GAME–

–SETUP CHANGES

Add 1 UK Factory to Union of South Africa.

–INCOME

USSR        27 (17 on map +10 bonus)
    Germany  41
    UK            23
    USA          28 (23 on map +5 bonus)

–VICTORY

@Make_It_Round:

In ‘Eur 42’ Axis need 6/7 VCs; Allies need Berlin to win.

• Here is my initial list of suggestions for setup, rules, and IPC changes.

The default is that the power’s income is only what is visible on this map. Any extra IPCs I suggest for a power are to be given each turn and to the initial setup

PACIFIC MAP GAME–

–SPECIAL RULES

Treat Volgoda as the capital for USSR
    Treat India as the capital for UK
    Treat Western USA as the capital for USA

–SETUP CHANGES

Add 1 USSR Factory to Volgoda.
    Add 1 UK FTR to India.
    Add 1 USA BMR to Western USA.

–INCOME

USSR        7  (Kazakh S.S.R. is a Europe map space)
    UK            13 (8 +5 bonus)
    Japan        30
    USA          29 (19 +10 bonus)

–VICTORY

@Make_It_Round:

In ‘Pac 42’ Axis need 5/6 VCs; Allies need Tokyo to win.

• This is really interesting-definitely going to try it out sometime! A question on Pac 42- would it be smart to change the turn order to Japan-UK-America? Element of surprise, and all that…

• Starting date of the game is Spring 1942… not many political surprises left at this point in the war.

For balance reasons as well as flavor reasons, I’d keep the turn order as it is.

• '19 '15 '12

Great idea. I will try this out as soon as I can.

• '19 '15 '12

So I setup a game with the suggestion of this thread and it went very well. We took out USSR and added national objectives to the allies. UK gets + 2 for holding India and Burna and +3 for holding Australia and New Zealand. USA gets +5 for holding Midway and Hawaii. Western USA was increased by 5IPC.

The first game china and india fell very quick and we called the game. The second, india used its fleet to distract Japan by running away and taking islands. Mainland built infantry and bombers and slowly took back the mainland and USA eventually took Japan on the 6th round.

The setup probably favors the axis, but it was fun playing something different and quick.

• @Yelrae:

So I setup a game with the suggestion of this thread and it went very well. We took out USSR and added national objectives to the allies. UK gets + 2 for holding India and Burna and +3 for holding Australia and New Zealand. USA gets +5 for holding Midway and Hawaii. Western USA was increased by 5IPC.

The first game china and india fell very quick and we called the game. The second, india used its fleet to distract Japan by running away and taking islands. Mainland built infantry and bombers and slowly took back the mainland and USA eventually took Japan on the 6th round.

The setup probably favors the axis, but it was fun playing something different and quick.

Agreed. Japan was a monster in the game I played…

‘Pac 42’ works as a training game for new players, though, when the more experienced player takes the Allies.

• '19 '15 '12

Agreed. When the experienced player took axis it was over quickly, but the second game the experienced player took allies and it became a much longer game. I will give this a go again soon.

If anyone attempts this please post your thoughts on balancing the board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m