• 1. The heavier of the two FMG Italian tanks clearly appears to be one of the Semovente SP Artillery, but which one is it supposed to be?  HBG’s website calls it the 105/25, but it looks more like the 75/18 to me…

2. Would it fit better in the category of SP Artillery (like the Hummel and the M7 Priest) or a Tank Destroyer (like the StuG III) in the considered opinions of y’all?  We tried that Tank Destroyer special ability of targeting a tank on a roll of 1 and it seemed to work in my most recent game.  We were using HBG’s German and US supplemental pieces that had both and SP and a TD option for each country, so in each case I decided that the SP would give the same attack bonus to infantry as towed artillery, but the TD could do the roll-1-to-kill-a-tank bonus on the defense only (and NOT give the infantry the attack bonus, figuring that the flatter-firing TD isn’t as good a support weapon and that it would be too powerful if it had both bonuses.)

• @DrLarsen:

1. The heavier of the two FMG Italian tanks clearly appears to be one of the Semovente SP Artillery, but which one is it supposed to be?  HBG’s website calls it the 105/25, but it looks more like the 75/18 to me…

I checked a list I have on file and I found this:

12 Armour (Two Types - Light and Heavy)
    Light Carro Armato M 14/41.
    Heavy Semovente 75/18 SPG (75mm gun)

• Customizer

The “Heavy” armor piece from FMG was originally listed as the Semovente 75/18, which I believe is what it is.

At some point, someone put a post saying “the gun barrel was such-n-such long” and “the body was so-n-so wide” so it MUST be a 105/25. I imagine that is where HBG’s confusion lies. Coach must have seen that post and it stuck in his head so he put it on his site as such.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m