Japan Attack on Russia turn 1 a huge success

• @Cow:

uk1 they can get dutch island, anzac 1 same thing.  uk2 and anzac 2 same thing. why not DOW UK2? All it costs is USA combat move, which he would not get anyway by your gameplay.

Good Japan play would have the vast majority - if not all - of the Japanese fleet in SZ 36, prepped to hit all the islands.
    I don’t know if a UK2 attack is worth it in that case.

• TripleA

ugh he said he was shipping to amur J1. so UK 1 takes an isle anzac 1 takes an isle.

J2 I don’t know where he is, but UK and ANZAC can take 3 more isles (anzac buys tran and inf round 1 to his his +5 NO).

Then he said he doesn’t DOW till J3. So if he is not in range of the islands… UK will DOW him so him an anzac can get +5 each.

• @Cow:

I feel like no one plays both sides of the board around here. that everyone is axis lol. I should post some allies stuff.

And I feel like you always act like you’re the only one person who knows anything.

• '17 '16 '15

if japan has her enire fleet in sz 36 on turn 1 and the brits send india dstry there doesn’t that cork japans movement on a turn 2 DOW?

or am I misinterpreting the movement rules?

• @Cow:

ugh he said he was shipping to amur J1. so UK 1 takes an isle anzac 1 takes an isle.

Well yes, if Japan displaces its transports like that on J1, then yes, UK should take advantage.  But that’s not really standard Japan play to move its transports out of the way like that on J1.  Normally Japan would be able to punish a UK2 attack very hard.

ugh  :lol:

• @barney:

if japan has her enire fleet in sz 36 on turn 1 and the brits send india dstry there doesn’t that cork japans movement on a turn 2 DOW?

or am I misinterpreting the movement rules?

You are.  A UK destroyer in the same zone does not prevent Jap fleet movement even on a turn 2 DOW, nor does it prevent loading of transports (an exception is made by the rules for loading transports on the first turn of DOW - i.e. normally a hostile warship in your zone prevents loading, but not if you just declared war on them)

• '17 '16 '15

thanks for the reply

just to make sure

if two countries not at war share the same sz at the start of ones turn they can DOW on the power they share the sz with and move wherever they want

• TripleA

r2 the allies should have all the dutch islands and new guinea.

r2 uk dow on japan so uk can merge with chinese forces on yunnan.

anzac should have a fighter in india or with the china/uk merge.

the french dd anzac dd uk dd should all be somewhere blocking…. if you have enough to sink a japan transport do it.

It’s all pretty standard allies play, especially if you drop up top r1.

• @barney:

thanks for the reply

just to make sure

if two countries not at war share the same sz at the start of ones turn they can DOW on the power they share the sz with and move wherever they want

You’re welcome

You need to read the top right of page #13 of the Europe Manual “Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones”

• '17 '16 '15

thanks again

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m