• Over at the Harris game design site they have given us word on the final setup for Global 1940.  Here is a map you can use.

I don’t think there are any mistakes on it, but I am prone to making mistakes so please check it carefully.

:-)
    AaA1940global_a3_FinalSetup.AAM

• Thanks Vance!

• Sponsor

@Vance:

Over at the Harris game design site they have given us word on the final setup for Global 1940.  Here is a map you can use.

I don’t think there are any mistakes on it, but I am prone to making mistakes so please check it carefully.

:-)

I just checked the alpha+3 thread at HGD and I didn’t see any additional changes, is their a link you could provide?

• I’m with Young Grasshopper please provide us with a link!

• See the thread called “sea lion in alpha 3”, page 86 (that was a lot of discussion):

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7989&sid=92b41d9852c02e3b5f4d440d0c54af7c&start=680

• Tanks Vance , like the Lego Guy.  Now to get ready for this weekends game

• Sponsor

Thanks Vance.

I guess the idea to swap the 106 UK destroyer with a cruiser didn’t pass.

• why they change some french units in paris to uk ones?

• Sponsor

Incredible,
    +2=pro allies
    +3=pro allies
    +3.5=pro axis
    +3.9=pro allies

No experienced player will ever lose England again, and Germany’s only option seems to be a drive toward Moscow (WOW, I just experienced a flash back from 20 years ago). At first glance, it’s back to the drawing board, although I will reserve any pessimistic views until I play these changes a few times. Accualy, I’m playing Germany this Saturday, and I’m planning a G1 attack on the whole eastern front as a violent protest for killing sealion (I’m sure that’s what Larry wanted to see all along, to get Russia into the game earlier). I may be wrong, so I will try not to judge, but as soon as we all spend a half year creating new strategies to win with the axis, they might throw a monkey wrench in those efforts too.

I always think of that line in the movie “8 men out” where the journalist says “their thinking of ruling out your spit ball, might make things a lot harder for the pitchers next year” and the white sox player replied “every year is hard for us pitchers”.

• Sponsor

@ghr2:

why they change some french units in paris to uk ones?

I guess they no longer liked the idea of removing all the UK Units from French territories after alpha+3.5. Looks more colorful this way, and they keep the historians happy.

• Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.
    Move the UK cruiser in 112 to 111.
    Move the German cruiser and transport in 113 to 114.
    Add 1 UK mechanized infantry and 1 French infantry to United Kingdom.
    Add 1 UK infantry and 1 AA gun to Scotland.
    Change 1 French tank and 1 French artillery in France to equivalent UK units.
    Add 1 AA gun to India (total of 3 now)

Change the Soviet “Spread of Communism” NO to “3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls.”

I believe those are the finalized changes.

*Modified to reflect an additional revision

• '12

@Spendo02:

Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.

Change the Soviet “Spread of Communism” NO to “3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls.”

I believe those are the finalized changes.

And add 1 AA gun to India, bringing the total to 3.  (from KH, later in the linked thread)

• Get out those parkas boys, I hear Moscow is cold this time of year…

• Wich version of G40 module is needed to open your file? I cannot open it…

However, this is not confirmed yet. It needs a oficial thread in LH site. Man, how I hate DLCs for phisical boardgames  :-P

• i cannot open it either. it only shows a white screen… :(

• It is the alpha +3 map so you need to have the GA3.gim folder unzipped and placed in your ABattlemap directory.  you can get it here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22555.0

By the way, I missed the pro-allies neutral flags on Eireland and Crete.

• Here are the ammendments to Alpha +3:

Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.

Krieghund also wrote:

“I have reviewed the above changes with Larry, and they are now official as written. We’ve also added 1 AA gun to India, bringing the total there to 3.”

So there we have it!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

YAAAAY!

• OK, now it works. But I’m not very happy with this setup, 11 inf and a mayor IC for Berlin seems too much to me … probably gives advantage to Axis. And Germany has a minor IC at Ukranie as well  :-P

• Official Q&A

As this was a public playtest effort, there are two kinds of people: those who participated and those who shouldn’t complain about the results.

Thanks to all of those who participated!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m