• Sponsor

He considered submerging, but they were sitting with 2 transports. My opponent made several mistakes, but they were most likely because he was still dealing with the new rules. I missed an opportunity to scramble early in the game myself. I just look forward to playing on the Axis side to see if I can win it.

• Sponsor

The real issue for my opponent was the “reality” of sub vs sub conflict. We are not sure it ever really happened in history.

Calvin, since you seem to be an official for Larry on the game, what do you think of adding the NB in Scotland and AB in Norway? I know Stavanger was the only concrete runway in Norway and it was not only heavily defended, but had air and naval radar for German early warning. It was a point of departure for German raids into Naval bases in North England and for defending the Baltic.

Also, has anyone looked at the force ratios for Germany and USSR in 1940? I know USSR tanks and fighters were in greater numbers than what is depicted in the game. I also know that it is tough to balance a game for historical accuracy and playability.

• I’m not an official for Larry; I just know the rules really well.

An AB on Norway would help with Barbarossa; however, I see no point for a Naval base in Scotalnd, since the UK usually does not have ships there that move 3 spaces. An AB is better so the ships that start in Z111 can be defended.

• The problem with using historical ration is that most of Russia’s air force was destroyed on the front; this obviously won’t happen in the board game. Thus, they gave Russia a small air force and balanced it by adding ground forces

• I’m playing this newest set now and have rules question.  I don’t think this can happen but can’t find where it says this isn’t allowed. Uk units landing in Russia while Russia is neutral.

• @fanofbond:

I’m playing this newest set now and have rules question.  I don’t think this can happen but can’t find where it says this isn’t allowed. Uk units landing in Russia while Russia is neutral.

Page 15 of E40 rulebook, in the blue box “Powers that Begin the Game Neutral” under movement:
    “…nor can another power move land or air units into its(a neutral power) territories…”

• Think of the lack of Russian planes as a representation of how poor use Russian Generals got out of their planes.

To be numerically correct on the eastern front the Germans wouldnt stand a chance with equal players. 1941 Russia suffered greatly from the purges and from……well the France problem, having the right equipment but not knowing how to use it in battle.

• Hey everyone.

Can someone kindly direct me to a link of the most recent Alpha+.1 rules and setup? The last one I was aware of was the December 15th edition on ~page 50 of the thread on Larry’s site. My group is getting together tomorrow and we do not get to play as often as we would like, so I’d like to show up with the rules in hand so as to not waste a second of gaming.

Thanks.

• Sponsor

Use what is posted on the first page of this string. I also took some work others had done and updated these 3 attachments to match.

alpha + NO.jpg
    Alpha+ 12_15_10.pdf

• Sponsor

The 3d one.

alpha + set up.pdf

• thanks, Mountaineer;

Nice avatar by the way, brings back memories :)

• Thanks Mountaineer.  Those are helpful.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m