AAE40 is a wonderful game like AAP40 ( edited out thanks to only 4 fighters)

• @Imperious:

6ftrs? There’s 1 in Norway and Holland, and 2 in West Germany. Where are the other 2?

Yes that is correct!  only 4 fighters not 6.

OK this is MAJOR issue. Good catch.

Well at least its not broken right?

Yes, it’s good.

• 2 house rules my group used to blosk this after we figured this out 2 days ago was that when london is taken US goes to war because cmon… if it was the US congress would totally go to war… and Canada can still buy thing with their $7… not a lot for england but it helps

• @Sloan:

2 house rules my group used to blosk this after we figured this out 2 days ago was that when london is taken US goes to war because cmon… if it was the US congress would totally go to war… and Canada can still buy thing with their $7… not a lot for england but it helps

Canada only gets 6 IPCs in Europe… unless you were playing Global?

I really like that House Rule though. Helps the Allies recover from a Sea Lion, if only just a little bit.

• Okay I feel better.

• The game is BROKEN!

I bought 6 copies

doh!

• IF G1 builds are a CV and 2 TR and with good outcomes in the g1 naval attacks
    then

UK must build 9 inf
    They will have at min.  11 inf (one french) 3 fig, maybe 1 tact in the UK
    (If the G1  sz 106 attack fails, then 1 arm, 1inf extra)

vs

Likely G2 Sea Lion attempt of 3 inf, 3 Arm, 2 fig, 2 tact, 1 bomber.    (BB and CA fire support could be blocked by UK DD)

Germany would have to lose zero aircraft on G1 to give G2 Sea Lion a above avg.chance of more then a flip of the coin

If I am wrong, I would just add one more UK inf in the UK at the start ……Before making major changes to the game

• yes now i prefer the two step deal for sealion defense.

UK blocks with CV,DD, 2 fighters on sea, and builds a 9 Inf land force. Germany cant take them both.

• @Imperious:

yes now i prefer the two step deal for sealion defense.

UK blocks with CV,DD, 2 fighters on sea, and builds a 9 Inf land force. Germany cant take them both.

Every turn UK can delay the sealion is very valuable, but is buying DD’s etc for that not worse in the long run? (meaning it is less land defence in the long run)

Haven’t really counted it all out (and yeah, i have lost UK to Sealion without buying extra naval forces, i did go for the italian fleet and maybe i should have taken the planes from the Gibraltar AC to UK instead … )

Edit: french fleet can be really valuable here too, by the way.

• On UK 1 they build the 9 inf, not naval.

The ships from Gibraltar move to block, but these are lost if Germany tries anyway.

The advantage is your getting some German air exchanged.

The latter problem is if they don’t attack, you still have a buy a fleet and make it save because Germany will still have subs and UK needs to kill them to get its NO’s

• @Imperious:

On UK 1 they build the 9 inf, not naval.

The ships from Gibraltar move to block, but these are lost if Germany tries anyway.

The advantage is your getting some German air exchanged.

The latter problem is if they don’t attack, you still have a buy a fleet and make it save because Germany will still have subs and UK needs to kill them to get its NO’s

If the fleet attacks Italy, they take out the Italian navy in addition to german air

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m