Does Sealion break the Game(Europe Only)

• Official Q&A

@jim010:

Pacific over at Days of Infamy was bid w/ Victory points, not money.  They were bidding b/n 26 and 27 VPs, if I remember right.

Eventually this was changed to a fixed victory condition of 24 VPs for Japan and an IPC bid for the Allies, which generally went to India.

• Official Q&A

@jim010:

I found that if I advanced along a broad front in Bulge, I only needed to get to the middle of the board and I had my 24 points before the allies started using their planes.

Maybe I didn’t give the game enough of a chance.

I’d give it another chance, as this is a great game.  The Allies have a bit of a learning curve.

• Customizer

I like the game, but I found that I played it in an ahistorical way.  After awhile, we switched the Axis win to ‘Germany must hit the back of the board’

• @jim010:

[You can’t block the G3 London attack.

If you get luck and survive with some UK ships, then you could stand in front of the Germans.  But I doubt it would prevent the Germans from pushing through - and that scenario wil not be the norm.  Likely you won’t have any ships in range except for the Gibraltar fleet.
    [/quote]

Oh no? It happened in the game I played last night. Germany got crappy dice rolling and the UK player took a bunch of risks, managed to take down the German AirForce. That really changed the game and made it pretty much impossible for Germany to invade England. Amazing though Germany managed to sneak a fleet across into Mexico and distracted America for another 2 turns defending itself. It was decided after bad rolling in Russia that the allies would win out even with Amercia distracted and the game was called an allied victory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m