• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think I’d have to recuse myself from posting in an age poll. It’s not nice to ask a lady her age. hehe.

Not that I really care, but I have a stereotype to support!

• Again on the age

iam 14 and i play A-A  :-D

• @triforce:

@Imperious:

Im not married

-Im happy

I’m Married

I’m Happy!

That’s just what you have to say because you know your wife goes through your website history.

I’m sure you’re really living a life of terror.

MWAHAHAHHAAHA.

Well, after being traded as a commodity for millenia, women are finally taking ownership of men.

“If men are destined to rule the world, we women will have to be content to rule men!”

• @Jennifer:

Well, after being traded as a commodity for millenia, women are finally taking ownership of men.

Owl in black leather outfit.

Hawt?  :roll:

• I am not old I am thirty seven (and I get to keep quoting that Monty Python and the Holy Grail line for another month and a half).

And I am married… VERY happily!  Our third anniversary is coming up in less than 2 months :-)

• 2007 AAR League

I’m 33 years OLD.  I am old, I admit.  But I live young.  And raising my daughter keeps me young.

I’m a male.  I’m not married.  I’m not happy being single, but sometimes I can be.  It’s nice to be single in the summertime when my daughter visits her mom.

Land of the midnight sun makes for all night camping, fishing, and biking.  Among other stuff.

• @ncscswitch:

I am not old I am thirty seven (and I get to keep quoting that Monty Python and the Holy Grail line for another month and a half).

And I am married… VERY happily!  Our third anniversary is coming up in less than 2 months :-)

Acctually the quote is “I’m thirty seven, I’m not old”

Do not defame Monty Python! :wink:

• @newpaintbrush:

@triforce:

@Imperious:

Im not married

-Im happy

I’m Married

I’m Happy!

That’s just what you have to say because you know your wife goes through your website history.

I’m sure you’re really living a life of terror.

MWAHAHAHHAAHA.

If you call having someone who cleaned the house, made homade snacks, made sure that everyones drink is full, while you have five buddies over to play so that you can focus on taking down Moscow, terror then you would be right.

And my wife doesn’t read this.  She isnt interested in the odds of 3 transports taking down a Battleship.  She is mostly interested in making sure I’m happy.

I wouldn’t live a life of terror, I would get out of that situation.  Do what you like, like what you do.

• The probability of 3 transports taking out a battleship is 7.43%.

• Only on defense.

On attack it would be ZERO.

:mrgreen:

@Nukchebi0:

The probability of 3 transports taking out a battleship is 7.43%.

That’s a pretty scarey realization. :)

And Switch, 37 huh?  The quote that comes to mind, Monty Python, is “I’m not dead yet!”  “Oh you will be soon!”

Attacker: 1 Bat. v. Defender: 3 Tra.

Average battle duration: 3.5 rounds of combat
      avg. # units left IPC value Punch
    Attacker: 1.10.9 13.410.6 2.21.8
    Defender: 0.72.3 5.318.7 0.72.3

Surviving Attackers

Surviving Defenders #Casualties

Overall %*: A. survives: 55.8% D. survives: 37.9% No one survives: 6.3%

• percentages may not total 100 due to rounding. The average results from above are highlighted in charts below, while the median result (equal odds of getting a worse or better result) is written in red.
      Attacker results:
      Probability % # units / losses
        55.8% 2: 1 Bat. no units. : 0 IPCs
        44.2% 0: no units. 1 Bat. : 24 IPCs
      Defender results:
      Probability % # units / losses
        5.66% 3: 3 Tra. no units. : 0 IPCs
        16.89% 2: 2 Tra. 1 Tra. : 8 IPCs
        15.37% 1: 1 Tra. 2 Tra. : 16 IPCs
        62.08% 0: no units. 3 Tra. : 24 IPCs
      Defender IPC losses in excess of Attacker IPC losses:
      Probability % IPC loss differential
      62.1% 24 IPCs
      15.4% 16 IPCs
      16.9% 8 IPCs
      5.7% 0 IPCs

http://frood.net/aacalc/?mustland=0&abortratio=0&saveunits=0&strafeunits=0&aInf=&aArt=&aArm=&aFig=&aBom=&aTra=&aSub=&aDes=&aCar=&aBat=1&adBat=&dInf=&dArt=&dArm=&dFig=&dBom=&dTra=3&dSub=&dDes=&dCar=&dBat=&ddBat=&ool_att=Bat-Inf-Art-Arm-Tra-Sub-SSub-Fig-JFig-Des-Bom-HBom-Car-dBat&ool_def=Bat-Inf-Art-Arm-Tra-Sub-SSub-Bom-HBom-Des-Fig-JFig-Car-dBat&battle=Run&rounds=&reps=10000&luck=pure&ruleset=Revised&gameid=&password=&turnid=&territory=&round=1&pbem=

Sorry the link is so long, but I wanted you to be able to go see for yourself.  3 Transports vs 1 Battleship (Transports on defense) isn’t 44% it’s closer to 37%.

Still, a third of the time you beat a battleship with 3 transports with 1 left?  Nice!

• @Jennifer:

I don’t like meeting people from online.  Though, I will be at GenCon again this year, as I am almost every year. (I missed last year, and 2002 because I was pregnant and didn’t want to deal with it.)

Anyone who wants to meet me there, we can set up something.  Just bear in mind I don’t go to GenCon to play Axis and Allies, I play Dungeons and Dragons and I’m usually dressed up like Jeanne de Arc.

Why would anyone skip A&A to play D&D ???  :)

Nah, I’m sure its fun and all. But Gencon for me is all about A&A.

Squirecam

Well, because a D&D session lasts all day and doesn’t involve calculators and name calling? :P

Actually, I can’t picture myself having to deal with acne faced kids over a board game.  Easier to deal with them around a table working together against a DM.  That way I can kick them as needed (not to mention I can take the foot of the table to avoid wayward hands, etc.  :evil: )

That and D&D is just so much more fun then A&A.

• yey D&D.

Living Greyhawk much?

• @Jennifer:

Well, because a D&D session lasts all day and doesn’t involve calculators and name calling? :PÂ

Actually, I can’t picture myself having to deal with acne faced kids over a board game.  Easier to deal with them around a table working together against a DM.  That way I can kick them as needed (not to mention I can take the foot of the table to avoid wayward hands, etc.  :evil: )

That and D&D is just so much more fun then A&A.Â

Actually, the A&A crowd at Gencon is quite “old”. There are a few young people, but the vast majority are not the “acne” crowd you fear…

Squirecam

• That’s what I thought would happen.  I was talking about being happily married, I mention a battle scnerio and I get ACTTUAL calculations on a battle that would not normaly happen :lol:.  We are such nerds in here!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m