• OK, this is my personal way of kinda psychoanalyzing my friends.  Don’t know how many comic book geeks there are here, so…

1. If you could be any superhero, which one would you be?

2. Same thing, only which supervillain would you be?

Keep these things in mind: Your choices don’t have to have actual “powers”, per se, so Batman is an acceptable answer.  And also, please explain why you picked who you did.

My hero choice was Spider-man, because ever since I was a kid, I just thought it would be awesome to have his powers.

My villain would be Dr. Doom, because he is just ridiculously powerful in my eyes.  (Scientist with awesome magical powers, his own country/army, and Hell-bent on conquering the world.)

• 2007 AAR League

Superhero - Definently Batman because he is so stealthy and almost believable as being a possible superhero.
    Supervilliam - Don’t know enough about comic books  :lol:

• Old school on the hero…
    Superman (Aquaman a distant second)

Villain…
    Magneto

• I think every kid wanted to be Spider-Man at some point growing up…
    He spins a web any size…

Villain
    Modoc
    Cuz he can find the power source and pick what plugs to pull.

• Superhero:  Superman
    Supervillain: Juggernaut

• Batman cause he always has a plan and is a great detective and he doesn’t have powers just a lot of will.
    Deathstroke cause he to always has a plan.

• Superhero- It would definitely have to be Battle Pope!!

idk about super villain….there are so many good choices.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• '19 Moderator

When I was little My favorite was Captain America.  When I got older teenage or so it became Woverine.  He matches my personality and he’s an all around badass.

Super villans are all gay and they always lose, I would perfer to be a super hero that blurs the lines like the punisher.  Or Wolverine for that matter.  He fought Captain America ya know, kicked his ass too.

• 2007 AAR League

Battle Pope!
    I saw a comic with a Pope superhero on it once in a comic store but I had to be 18+ to buy it. So I couldn’t  :x

• 2007 AAR League

For super heroes, I would have to say Silver Surfer. Or the Thing. But, I did like Moon Knight and the more obscure Vigilante for the same reasons that you guys like The Batman, because there were relatively believable.

For super villains, Dr. Doom is head and shoulders above the rest. It takes 4 super heroes to kick his ass and he’s relentless.

But if you want to talk about super villains, why not go big and pick Galactus? You can’t go wrong with a dude who eats planets.

• Good call on Dr. Doom. He gave up his country just so he could re-conquor it.  :evil:

• @AJGundam:

Battle Pope!
    I saw a comic with a Pope superhero on it once in a comic store but I had to be 18+ to buy it. So I couldn’t  :x

hahaha.  Battle Pope pwns!!  He kicked the crap out of lucifer in Vol. 1.  Cant wait to see what he does in Vol. 2!!  :-P

• Not to bother anyone, but could you all provide an explanation as to why you chose who you did?  That is the real purpose behind the questions…

• Does Manga count?

If so-
    Hero: Kei Kurono of Gantz.  He’s just a regular dude in crazy situations (but wears a suit that gives superhuman abilities until it takes too much damage), fighting aliens & monsters.  The whole manga really enthralls me (main characters die all the time, lots of individual and social criticism), but he’s just trying to survive and not really be a “hero.”  It’s just all his team members see him that way.  If I had to go “Western” it would be Batman, or some other believable human hero that have their own problems. Pic below of Kurono in said suit, with a couple of teammates.

Villain: Darth Vader.  Good-bad-good sort of evolvement.  He wasn’t necessarily truly evil, just seen as evil because of his ways (mind you, I’ve not read any extended universe that may say otherwise).  He still tried to appeal to his son, rather than kill him, which shows there was humanity left him - which comes again later on.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Classic Hero: Batman, cause he used science and technology, not radioactiveness or some other sillyness!

Modern Hero: Raven from Teen Titans, I just gotta love her attitude!

Classic Villan: Lex Luther.  Again, realistic, didn’t use magic or anything weird like that.

Modern Villan: Don’t have one.

• 2007 AAR League

Aquaman

Omegared

• Good call on Omega Red dude.  Although I chose Dr. Doom partially for the “mastermind” factor, Omega Red is definitely a very powerful individual villain.

• I’m all about batman as well, but does he really count as a “superhero” since he lacks powers? Ive always distinguished super heroes/villains from the non-super kind by the presence of super-human powers/abilities. I suppose you could read “super” as “really awesome”, but that just seems lame to me…

such is the problem with superman, for example. they started with a premise- that he is indestructible under the yellow sun of earth, yet each issue, they find a new weakness (first green kryptonite, than all kinds of other colors of it, then all sorts of other stupid weaknesses). I guess they had to to keep the book fresh, but come on, either he is indestructible or not, you cant change the basic premise every time it suits your plotline…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Janus:

Batman is a super hero even without inate powers because he is a hero and by his technology he has become superior to other heros.

After all, are you no longer a Marine because you don’t have a SAW?

• I just think that the term “superheroes” encompasses any and all comic book heroes.  Same thing with the term “supervillain”.  At least that’s the way I approach it.  :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m