• '19 Moderator

Let’s say I have a friend.  This friend is in some trouble with his wife for saying out late and drinking and carousing with a friend from out of town, let’s just say for arguments sake the friend is Canadian.  Not that it matters, it just makes the story more interesting.

Anyway…

Say the “friend” books a weekend at a spa to get some points with the wife.  Is it still good for points if the spa has a golf course and a Trap & Skeet range?  Is my “friend” going to get points if he plays golf and shoots some skeet while is wife is soaking in the mud, or what ever chicks do at spa’s?

Just wanted to hear some opinions on what my “friend” should do.

• it can only work if you can extort the out of town friend with photos than draw questions about his socio-political stance :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

some women do like to pamper themselves alone or be alone and be pampered at such nice places.  maybe she would mind your "friend relaxing his way if she’s relaxing her way.  sometimes the woman would rather have you out of her hair for a while.  or she may be pissed if your “friend” isnt by her more.  women, i my opinion, may be mad at either option a man chooses, just to be mad.  a guy has to work his magic.

• @dezrtfish:

Let’s say I have a friend.  This friend is in some trouble with his wife for saying out late and drinking and carousing with a friend from out of town, let’s just say for arguments sake the friend is Canadian.  Not that it matters, it just makes the story more interesting.

Anyway…

Say the “friend” books a weekend at a spa to get some points with the wife.  Is it still good for points if the spa has a golf course and a Trap & Skeet range?  Is my “friend” going to get points if he plays golf and shoots some skeet while is wife is soaking in the mud, or what ever chicks do at spa’s?

Just wanted to hear some opinions on what my “friend” should do.

i’m lookin’ hard for the “guilty” smiley . . .
    you throw it up to her, i think.
    “honey - what would you like to do today? . . . oh?  you want to soak in the mud? . . . did you want me to join you, or would you rather just be left alone in peace and quiet? . . . here’s a great book sweetie (offer token book of her interest)”

you may have to rent the clubs - if you bring them along, she may not think that’s too cool . . . .

• 2007 AAR League

Your “friend” knows his wife better than we do, and I don’t think your “friend” would be asking you for advice if he didn’t see anything wrong with going golfing.  So, I deduce that your “friend” really knows that there is a good chance he could piss off his wife even more.  If he is willing to take that risk, then you should advise him to go golfing.  But if he would rather be sure about it, tell him to skip the golf and let her get pampered.  After all, your “friend” just had a hell of a time with his Canadian friend at his wife’s expense.

Think of it like Japan’s opening move.  Do you opt for many battles and leave yourself open to bad dice, or do you take the safe route with fewer battles committing a few extra troops to be safe?  In this case, I’d suggest your “friend” take the safe route.

Besides, what happens if your “friend” decides to play golf and the wife gets upset?  Does he tell her “well there was this poll on a&a.org and 68% of people thought I should golf, so you don’t get to be angry?”   :mrgreen:

Wish your friend good luck.

• There is a practical piece of advice from Jeff Foxworthy that I think should be mentioned here…

If she ain’t happy, you ain’t happy.
    And if she ain’t happy long enough then you ain’t happy with half your stuff…

• Don’t know the wife but even with the spa if you want to golf anytime soon, flowers, and/or jewelry and and/or expensive wine and dinner and getting the kids out of her hair are probably required.

• Tell your friend to join the foreign Legion. That will keep him out of any trouble.

• 2007 AAR League

My wife is the “queen of the spa” and I can tell you from experience that women have ZERO interest in having their “significant other” tagging along.  It is their “special time” to be pampered and exchange stories about the “evil men” in their lives.  That being said she is also a wife which means she has a natural aversion to allowing her hubby to have any semblance of fun outside of her perview.  So the trick is to get the “spa woman” side to override “the nagging wife” side.  The best way is to actually go with her one time…she won’t ever “allow” you to go again.   :roll:

• 2007 AAR League

She might also want some time “talking” and “bonding” and “getting close”. That might mean more than whether she gets to soak in some mud. She wants time with YOU, man. Cuz she loves ya and she wants to live life together with you and “share” things. After you put in some of that time, then you have points you can use for golf.

• @ncscswitch:

There is a practical piece of advice from Jeff Foxworthy that I think should be mentioned here…

If she ain’t happy, you ain’t happy.
    And if she ain’t happy long enough then you ain’t happy with half your stuff…

in Canada a divorce tends to cost people about 80% of their assets.

• Alternately you could do all the house work for several days and get the kids out of her hair. This does not minimize the need for the spa, wine and dinner, jewelry or flowers.

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, Thanks for all the helpful advise guys.  As usual I will do what I planed on from the beginning, I’m not one for taking advise.  I posted this for entertainment.  It’s fun to see what people think about relationships.  I’m not really in any more “trouble” than usual.  We are going to go on the trip, the great thing about it is it will be next month so it will be nice and cold outside which guarantees plenty of “inside time”.  Believe it or not my wife will probably enjoy the skeet shooting almost as much as me, and I may just get her to try golf.  The only problem with that is if she likes it I won’t get to play with my buddies anymore…  LOL  my wife also knows me better than to think I am going to do the spa thing, I don’t like people touching me and I don’t like my skin softened up.

Yeah, I’m not very sensitive, but if I started acting sensitive my wife would probably get suspicious!  We’ve been married ten years and I don’t see myself changing any time soon.

• 2007 AAR League

in Canada a divorce tends to cost people about 80% of their assets.

OUCH!

makes the concept of marriage very undesirable.

conservative outlook……  maybe the liberal canadian government wants marriage to be undesirable.  makes social engineered change much easier.

• 2007 AAR League

I think that’s because of lawyer’s fees. If you can divorce amicably you’re much better off.

• @froodster:

divorce amicably

Those two words will almost NEVER appear in the same sentence together.  Otherwise, why divorce?  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

I think it can happen often. Even if you are unhappy with each other, if you are smart you can negotiate a fair deal that reflects what the courts would probably award without spending $80,000 on lawyers.

• Another bit of wisdom….

Why are divorces so expensive?

BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTH IT!  :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

Then why are weddings so expensive  :-P

• Because brides WANT them to be :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m