• We are also discussing about this in the last pages of “AARHE: Phase 2: Units” thread.
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=6378.0

We are still argueing about range of coastal batteries thus whether they can only hit atacking land units (landing crafts) or also ships taking part in support.

Note this’ll be part of the ID (infrastructure defence) piece using the exisitng AA piece. You may now have multiple ID pieces in one territory. Its AA power has been reduced to realistic levels.

• OK… here is my personal opinion of how to handle this…

AA (or ID as I guess it will be called in this version) represents the BIG guns… the ones with the 20+ k range.  Those weapons fire at the SHIPS, the BB’s, DSTs (if applicable) and TRNs.

Those shots should be fired BEFORE units offload (so losign a TRN means losing it scargo also… makes those amphib landings far more risky for the attacker, as they should be.

If you want to add in the net effect of defenders firing at landing craft on their way to the beaches, allow ART (and maybe ARM, but I would limit it to just ART) DEFENDERS to have first strike fire… to attack the amphib forces before they reach shore.  That would be only for the very first round of battle, after that ART would be like any other unit (would give ART a defensive purpose other than being over-priced INF on defense).

• Yeah amphibious assault we did make defending ART fire in opening-fire for 1st cycle.
    I guess those can represent the guns aiming down at the beach.

Its quite good that way actually. Some of those guns at Omaha were destroyed by ship’s bomardment before landing. Our amphibious assault combat sequence let ships and air fire before defending ART.

• Ill go with that as well.

• Well cool, I am glad to have contributed somethign to your efforts :-)

• yea me too :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m