• I’ve tested out the 3 methods I talked about earlier, and they are all pretty well balanced. Giving subs the extra ability to choose their targets when a destroyer isn’t present might make them too powerful. As method 3 stands now, it will be mathematically advantageous for Germany to buy 1-2 subs a turn. The Allies would be lucky to sink 1 sub a turn, which will create a buildup of subs in the Atlantic and allow the Axis to have the upper hand there (all realistic). I know tech improvements are important to the Battle of the Atlantic, but we can wait to add techs until phase 2. Back to my main point, which is that with Germany having all these subs, adding any small new advantage like subs getting to hit carriers instead of transports when a destroyer is not there would be too powerful for all those subs. We need to make it disadvantageous for all those subs to gang up on the surface fleet. I only want it to be advantageous for all those subs to drain a lot of IPCs. Let’s playtest phase 1 without the subs able to choose targets and see how it plays out balance-wise. If we feel we can add in the new choose target rule, then I’m all for it. I want to add that rule, but I don’t think we can.

We can wait and introduce techs and NAs in phase 2. I have some good ideas to improve techs so that an opponent can counter tech once a player gets a certain tech. More on this later, I don’t want to add new tech material until we’re more done with phase 1.

• Yep ok.

• A ton of good info here to help us design commerce interdiction rules:

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/submarines/centennial/wwii-campaigns.html

• oh wow that will be helpful…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m