• I know that the starter kit comes with “random” units but do all starter packs come with the same map pieces? Also, what comes in Booster Packs? Just units, or other things as well?

• Founder TripleA Admin

Starter kits contain 12 pieces: 1 rare tank, at least two commanders, and a smattering of uncommon and common pieces. For each mini there is a corresponding card with the unit’s stats. The starter also comes with a rule book. All of the maps and rules that come with starter are all exactly the same, there are four double sided sections.

Boosters come with 9 units. All boosters have 1 rare tank, and 8 other uncommon and common pieces. Again, for each piece there is a corresponding card.

• So are the models in each starter kit identical or not? I purchased the starter box today and ended up with a Panzer IV Ausf. G and a M4A1 Sherman, both of which appear on the box, as well as a few different infantry, and the guy in the shop told me that the starter models are indeed all the same.

I’m considering getting a second box if I enjoy the game and can get my Wife to play me, though I’m also just considering buying the more detailed FoW models off the shelf to use instead of playing lucky dip, and because I enjoy painting them up real pretty (I have a smallish DAK FoW army which I never use).

In the boosters, can any of the other 8 pieces be armour, or are they all infantry?

• I ended up buying the starter kit, along with a booster. I also got a sherman and a Panzer IV tank. I also got the “Red Devil” commander, and SS Comander, a Bazooka, along with some others I can’t recall….

• My full Starter set was:

UK 6-pounder
    US Sherman
    US M1 Garand Rifle
    US Red Devil Captain
    US Bazooka
    UK Vickers HMG Team

Ger Pak 38
    Ger SS-Haupsturmfuhrer
    Ger Mauser Kar 98k
    Ger MG 42 MG Team
    Ger Pz IV

The “rare”:
    Fr Renault R-35 (but with a german Balkankruz on it(!?))

What have others gotten in their starter sets?

And do the boosters have only one tank in them and the rest infantry?

• Fr Renault R-35 (but with a german Balkankruz on it(!?))

Actually Romanian. See my last post on the ‘What is A&A Miniatures’ thread.

• in the first starter set i bought i got the standard panzer 4 and the sherman, but i also got a tiger 1, very cool!!! in the many booster packs i have bought since then i have acumalated 5 shermans, 4 panzer 4’s, 3 tigers, 4 KV-1, and 6 carro armato m13/40’s. plus a whole bunch of anti tank guns, and multipules of every infrantry man, including commanders. i think i got lucky, but i did spend alot of money.

• Has anyone else gotten a miniature that did not match a card?  So far I have had really good luck, but the other day I got a booster that gave me a Fucile Modello figure and a SS-Panzergrenadier card to go with it…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yeah, that kinda sucks when that happens. Keep your receipt and send it back to Wizards of the Coast.

I have the address at home, I’ll post it tonight.

• Major Konings, you have three Tigers ??? Man, you’re truly lucky. So far, I have bought the starter kit and 11 boosters and I haven’t got even one.

My rares are:
    1 Renault R-35
    1 KV-1
    1 T-34/76
    2 Churchill Crocodile
    2 Crusader II
    2 M18 Hellcat
    1 sIG 33
    1 Carro Armato
    1 Type 95 Ha-Go

Plus I’ve got all the Uncommon (minus the Type 92 Machine-Gun Team) and almost all the Commons (minus the SMLE No.4 Rifle). In my starter, I think I got my loosy Renault R-35…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Here’s the address for product replacement for Wizards of the Coast:

Wizards of the Coast
    Attn: Product Replacement
    P.O. Box 707
    Renton, WA  98057-0707

• Thanks for the info.

• @Otto_Skorzeny:

Major Konings, you have three Tigers ??? Man, you’re truly lucky. So far, I have bought the starter kit and 11 boosters and I haven’t got even one.

My rares are:
    1 Renault R-35
    1 KV-1
    1 T-34/76
    2 Churchill Crocodile
    2 Crusader II
    2 M18 Hellcat
    1 sIG 33
    1 Carro Armato
    1 Type 95 Ha-Go

Plus I’ve got all the Uncommon (minus the Type 92 Machine-Gun Team) and almost all the Commons (minus the SMLE No.4 Rifle). In my starter, I think I got my loosy Renault R-35…

i got lucky, but i also bought some alone, i like tigers, not just for thier playability, but, well, they rock. i have found though the the KV-1 is one hard nut to crack if you want to take that literally, the whole negate the first damage speical ability has saved me so many times. i want more of those, more more more!!

• Where did you buy your individual units?  I have seen some on eBay, but don’t know anywhere else you can buy them outside of booster packs.

• @DFlynSqrl:

Where did you buy your individual units?  I have seen some on eBay, but don’t know anywhere else you can buy them outside of booster packs.

to start the hunt i just googled “axis and allies miniatures for sale” it brought up all sorts of stuff. some good, some not.
    here is one link that i have bought things from a few times allready.

http://www.CoolStuffInc.com/main_miniatures.php?viewType=Axis and Allies&info1=Miniatures&info2=Axis and Allies&info4=Singles

if that dosnt work just go to the main sites home page (coolstuffinc.com) and check it out form thier.

• Nice!  Thank you.

• no problem. these guys made a mistake with my order, but a good one. i ordered 10 M4A1 Shermans for about$1.50 each, what I got was 10 M4A3E8 Sherman “Easy Eights”. for the same price, I was real happy about that, i only has one of those previously.

• Founder TripleA Admin

That cool stuff link doesn’t have very good prices. Go to eBay and find somebody who has an store setup. There are lot’s of sellers that have buy it now prices as low as 30 cents for certain units.

• Base Starter Set: Released in the fall of 2005, contained 12 randomly selected units, four double-sided battle mats, 10 six-sided dice, a rulebook, and a set checklist.

• Two-Player Starter Set: Contained 18 randomized units, 6 double-sided battle maps, and rulebook. Dice not included.

• 1939-1945 Two-Player Starter Set: Includes basic and advanced rule book, 10 pre-selected units (from 1939-1945 set), two double-sided maps, a rulebook, and eight dice.

• I would get the 1939 1945 one its newer more available and v2

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m