Tom DeLay faces potential 2 year jail sentence…

• No bias here.

This prosecutor has a history of chasing politicians(“9D&3R”…his own words in an interview.) More successful v Ds though.

I understand he has allowed a film crew to cover his prosecution of this case for two years…before the real Prosecution developed. Lots of material for Delay’s law team to supeona.

I read the 3 1/2 page indictment. Delay is mentioned twice. Mostly about the actions of two other dudes. “Delay conspired to…” is tough to prove.

Funny how this and the Frist stuff comes up within 48 hours of each other…
    Suspicious that they both come up within 6 weeks of an election cycle… will likely stay in the news until the last chance to take W’s growing(costitutional) power away.

I note that Yanny did not complain when NJ Dems fudged the system to replace Deep Pockets with retired Sen. Lautenburg(sp.?) on the ballot.

How did you feel about the politicization of the Wellstone Memorial, Yanny?

• Its a tactic right out of the democratic parties playbook… they allways try this sorta thing before elections. And we rebublicans do the same just not as outlandish as them. He will be vindicated but have minimal impact until that time.

• Yep, so far, I agree with Imperious Leader. But if the court finds him guilty, there shouldn’t be any bitching from the right. Plain and simple. :wink:

• Yep … no bitching

• @F_alk:

@Imperious:

Its a tactic right out of the democratic parties playbook… they allways try this sorta thing before elections. And we rebublicans do the same just not as outlandish as them. He will be vindicated but have minimal impact until that time.

I thought the strategy to make a competitor “impossible” was one of Karl Rove’s specialities.

I think it is out of the republican’s playbook … and they still have the advantage of “more training” with it.

look under the Rep’s playbook under “William Jefferson Clinton”.

• I did mention that WE do it too. But in Clintions case he did bring alot of his own misery along with his own actions.

• The Republican play book involves a major grass roots effort to win the seats of key opposition members.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/SD/S/01/index.html

• I think what he has done is what both sides have been doing for a long time. EIther way, if convicted I hope that the right does not start some kind of belly aching “it was a witch hunt” kind of nonsense. I have gotten so sick of the “victemhood” the left preaches that I can’t stand to see it in the republican party. Because 2000 was close, now every election that a dem does not become president it is because of voter fraud.

2 points about dems in 2000,

Gore knew that the majority of people who were too stupid to know how to punch a hole in a ballot had to be his.

Bush knew that the vast majority of oversea ballots from our soldiers had to be his.

I think that says it all.

• @Zooey72:

Bush knew that the vast majority of oversea ballots from our soldiers had to be his.

i think that if i were going to cater to any group of people, they would vote for me as well.

• If you can’t beat them fair and by arguments, denounce them …. that is exactly what Rove does,

dems do that too, dont pretend like its unique to rove

• @Janus1:

If you can’t beat them fair and by arguments, denounce them …. that is exactly what Rove does,

dems do that too, dont pretend like its unique to rove

Rove has taken it to an art-form (i.e. McCain in the primaries and the hatchet-job the Swift Boat vets did on Kerry). If there is any justice in the world, Rove will be indicted for leaking Plume’s name. I have wet dreams about Bush getting caught ordering the leak and resigning in disgrace. Tapes and all.

• Rove has taken it to an art-form

so hes bad because he is good at it?

If there is any justice in the world, Rove will be indicted for leaking Plume’s name.

if hes truly guilty of that, than i agree

I have wet dreams about Bush getting caught ordering the leak and resigning in disgrace. Tapes and all.

can girls have wet dreams?

• I have wet dreams about Bush getting caught ordering the leak and resigning in disgrace. Tapes and all.

can girls have wet dreams?

Lol, I needed a metaphor a wargaming community could understand ;)

• @Janus1:

Rove has taken it to an art-form

so hes bad because he is good at it?

He’s very good at underhanded techniques to destory political opponents. This is good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Generally, I think that insuinating that your opponent has an illegitimate child through push-polling (as what happened to McCain) is despicable, but others might applaud his imagination.

• He’s very good at underhanded techniques to destory political opponents. This is good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Generally, I think that insuinating that your opponent has an illegitimate child through push-polling (as what happened to McCain) is despicable, but others might applaud his imagination.

well, i dislike mudslinging and dirty politics too, but its pragmatism, and hes damn good at being practical and effective. most politicians, for all their rhetoric, will use underhanded tactics if they help them, and the dems are just jealous because Rove is so good at it. im not saying that the allegations about valerie plame are false, and if they are true, he should be punished, but the dems HAVE been out for his blood since day one, so lets not pretend like they have entirely clean hands either.
    i mean, look at kerry. invoking cheneys daughter was just dirty. it may have crossed the line as far as usefullness goes, because of the reaction, even by many dems. but it was the same tactic

• @F_alk:

@Zooey72:

Gore knew that the majority of people who were too stupid to know how to punch a hole in a ballot had to be his.

The worst part of the last elections here was that the right started to show a similarily “democratic” conscious about their “enemies”.

If you can’t beat them fair and by arguments, denounce them …. that is exactly what Rove does, and not the “grass roots movement” that Linkon talked of (i hope it is not)

This is not an argument, I stated 2 facts. The military, the people who have taken it opon themselves to protect this country (reguardless of whatever war they are in, many I am sure thought somalia and serbia were not wars we should be in, but they fought anyway). They have charachter.

Gore knew a recount of the “intelectualy challegened” of the state would show that people who could not master the art of punching a hole in a card would be people who voted for him.

As far as not being able to beat them in an argument. I have a college degree, I think I can support my reason for voting the way I do a lot better than the people of florida who just could not figure out that darn tricky punch card! They sure are confusing aren’t they?

I’m not saying there aren’t idiots on the right, but at least our idiots know how to vote.

The left loves to make themselves out as victems, maybe they should start a support group for the punch card challenged. Or maybe have some classes down there comeplete with cards and punchers. They can get a little certificate after compeltion of the class. Probably the best thing people that stupid could put on a resume.

• Ahh, so Bush got the “intellectual” vote, eh? A lot of things come to mind when you mention the South. Genius is not one of them.

• you should take your sig a too heart a little bit more than you do

• @Janus1:

you should take your sig a too heart a little bit more than you do

What, you can’t love stupid people? Anyway, Bush got the fundamentalist Christian vote, which has always puzzled me.

1, Christians should be pacifists, and I can’t understand how they can vote for a fellow Christian who invaded a nation and killed tens of thousands of innocent people. That’s a big no-no, according to everything Jesus teaches. And 2, fundamentalists of any religion aren’t exactly the best critical thinkers in the world. My in-laws are almost all Mormon and almost as a rule you can’t talk to them critically about their religion. You get the intellectual euquivalent of putting hands over ears and saying “nanananana”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m