• @Jennifer:

5 years……we didn’t once “have sexual relations” during that time.

:o F*CK THAT!!! JESUS, JEN, NOW I KNOW WHY YOU ARE THE WAY YOU ARE!

• @stuka:

@Jennifer:

5 years……we didn’t once “have sexual relations” during that time.

:o F*CK THAT!!! JESUS, JEN, NOW I KNOW WHY YOU ARE THE WAY YOU ARE!

Stuka man, why did you invite her to comment on this.I’m am just waiting for it now…

• hahahahaaheeheheheheheheehehheheheheehe…… sigh* … yeah.

I did everything I could to stop my hands from typing. I tried. I REALLY tried.

Ummmmm… nevermind, Jen. :)

• @cystic:

some interesting points SP.

I nearly got engaged to a couple of women. The one i’m with right now has been too short to be seriously considering getting engaged. Having said that, i have to admit that if i did not think it possible/likely to happen, i wouldn’t be with her. Still, i am afraid of rushing things because i too am getting older.

Well, I have this usual internal clock on it. If she can hit the 9 month mark (why 9, I am not sure), she is definitely marraige material.

……not to mention the sex must be good. Yet, if I been with her for 9 months, it damn well better be good.

• @stuka:

@cystic:

some interesting points SP.

I nearly got engaged to a couple of women. The one i’m with right now has been too short to be seriously considering getting engaged. Having said that, i have to admit that if i did not think it possible/likely to happen, i wouldn’t be with her. Still, i am afraid of rushing things because i too am getting older.

Well, I have this usual internal clock on it. If she can hit the 9 month mark (why 9, I am not sure), she is definitely marraige material.

……not to mention the sex must be good. Yet, if I been with her for 9 months, it damn well better be good.

ok i guess, but if it was me i would wait longer, then again im not thinking about getting married till im in my mid 20s or early 30s if im not lucky.

• Reasons never to get married:

(permanent girlfriend that lives in her own bedroom is just fine however)

1)Marrige is the #1 cause of Divorce…

2)The worst thing is to get married and have “children”… The primary reason is one of self serving interrests:having children because proves they have failed in life and want a second chance to set the record straight with another copy of failure. The second reason which applies to our more sucessful people is to transition wealth within the family. The last reason is primarily for ignorant people who assume that making kids will lead to being “taken care” in your old age which a mentality that you find in the pre-industrial age.

1. If you read “civilization and its discontents” by Freud you will understand alot of how society and men and women should function.
      check out this:
      http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/50s/freud-civ.html

2. Read anything by George Bernard Shaw as well. He will put things in perspective for you. Their is no specific play that i can refer you too, any reading of his works will leave a sentiment about marrige that is quite sour to say the least…

3. IMO women drain the creative life from the man who strives to build and create great works for society. The womens focus generally tends to revolve the most mundane elements of life which toil the very life energy from the mans ability to forge ahead. This constant tug from our companion is a constant reminder that we have to make personal sacrifices of the very force of the supremacy of the “will” which must remain pure and never resign to medocrity. So by getting married… you lose your drive or “will” and soon abandon all your dreams in order to capitilate to anothers “will”. YOU surrender your life for that other person.
      If that appeals to you then get married… If you want to be poor and married have kids…

BTW I have to add that i have been living with my Girlfriend since 1992 and I am able to maintain my own wealth (doing quite well) and sanity, because we only share time on Fridays, when she “offers” to tag along with my friends on any other day i simply remind her thats outside “what we do”. Yes i seem to behave like some gestapo agent, but we all have to follow orders like good Germans…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

We didn’t have sexual relations because it’s specifically laid out in the Bible as a sin. He and I both agreed on it, but at the time, we were both away from each other for extended periods of time, him in the Navy and myself away at college. So it really wasn’t as hard as you’d think…not like if we went on 5 dates a week, you know.

• @Jennifer:

We didn’t have sexual relations because it’s specifically laid out in the Bible as a sin. He and I both agreed on it, but at the time, we were both away from each other for extended periods of time, him in the Navy and myself away at college. So it really wasn’t as hard as you’d think…not like if we went on 5 dates a week, you know.

And there it is…thanks Stuka ;)

What, I thought my comment pretty innoculous and civil, Hax. I didn’t place blame on anyone or make any assertations that others were wrong, I just said what we thought and why we thought it.

• Your comment was perfectly civil Jen, no question about that at all. But I had this sneaking feeling for some odd reason you would say you didn’t make with the hide teh pickle action because of religion and you proved me right.

Now I was going to sit here and say alot of things the bible says to do and NOT to do but you would brush those off so I won’t…but for what it’s worth if you really held out for 5 years of dating until you were married then more power to you, not too many people can hold that type of conviction any more.

@haxorboy:

Your comment was perfectly civil Jen, no question about that at all. But I had this sneaking feeling for some odd reason you would say you didn’t make with the hide teh pickle action because of religion and you proved me right.

Now I was going to sit here and say alot of things the bible says to do and NOT to do but you would brush those off so I won’t…but for what it’s worth if you really held out for 5 years of dating until you were married then more power to you, not too many people can hold that type of conviction any more.

Oh. See I didn’t understand that you had assumed (correctly as it turns out) that I’d fall back on religion to justify my actions.

• well, my wife and i date for about 6 months and then i deploy to iraq. in the six months after i deployed we sent letters back and forth and i called when i could. we deceided that we would get married when i was home on mid-tour leave from iraq. my wife put together a wedding in 3 weeks. very impressive. we waited awhile. however…other army couples just get married for the money

@jedimaster:

well, my wife and i date for about 6 months and then i deploy to iraq. in the six months after i deployed we sent letters back and forth and i called when i could. we deceided that we would get married when i was home on mid-tour leave from iraq. my wife put together a wedding in 3 weeks. very impressive. we waited awhile. however…other army couples just get married for the money

I’m sure that’s true, unfortunately, however, I hope (and personally force myself to believe) that this only happens in a very small percentage of the time.

• Actually, it’s alot more common than you think, Jen. But that’s just the way it happens to be. One of my cousins actually did that. I told him he was an idiot for it but he redeemed himself by making his marraige work and came closer to his wife.

• @Jennifer:

Oh. See I didn’t understand that you had assumed (correctly as it turns out) that I’d fall back on religion to justify my actions.

That’s fine for you. But if I “saved” myself for the one I would marry, I would be a 30 year old virgin right now. Thanx but no thanx. Those who wish to do this, more power to them.

Yet, like you said in another thread, we are only human so it is within our nature to sin. So I forgive myself for having sex before marraige. :wink: I will try to do better next time.

@stuka:

Actually, it’s alot more common than you think, Jen. But that’s just the way it happens to be. One of my cousins actually did that. I told him he was an idiot for it but he redeemed himself by making his marraige work and came closer to his wife.

Well, just don’t post any evidence to back yourself up. In this case, I’d prefer to remain naive. :lol:

And as for your virginity/marriage, if that’s what you want then who am I to critiscize you for it? It was consensual, I assume, so you didn’t break any of the laws of man.

• @Jennifer:

And as for your virginity/marriage, if that’s what you want then who am I to critiscize you for it? It was consensual, I assume, so you didn’t break any of the laws of man.

That’s one of the best things I have ever heard come out of your mouth.

• I know I am an outsider to this forum as of yet… however I found this thread very interesting. A lot of interesting points of view as well. I only know what my personal experience has shown me…and that is…every marraige takes work and divorce happens way to often merely for boredom or money stress…all can be worked out. Anyhow…I dated my husband for 3 years… and yes we shagged like minx…lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

@stuka:

@Jennifer:

That’s one of the best things I have ever heard come out of your mouth.

While I’m not so sure it’s the best thing I ever said, it’s good to know we can think on the same wavelength at times.

(Edit: I was going to say more, but thought better of it. :) )

• @ScarleFox:

I know I am an outsider to this forum as of yet… however I found this thread very interesting. A lot of interesting points of view as well. I only know what my personal experience has shown me…and that is…every marraige takes work and divorce happens way to often merely for boredom or money stress…all can be worked out. Anyhow…I dated my husband for 3 years… and yes we shagged like minx…lol And we have now been married for 12 years and kickin’ and barley have had sex since the I do’s…hehe :wink:

i never got that phenomenon.
    It holds true for several of my friends as well. They get married, and all of a sudden they would rather watch tv than bump uglies.

I hope this does not apply to my future relationship . . . :oops: :(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m