• I would say that the plane should hold 2 inf. One is too little to make a successful paratroop drop while 3 is too much. And the plane should be a bomber that is used since its easier to just do that. You just say Im using this for a paratroop drop and then that bomber, for that turn, is only a paratroop plane. And i think the plane should only be able to go 5 spaces since the bombers would probably be able to go longer distances.

• Here are my paratrooper rules that I use from time to time.

1. One guy per bomber this is to show how rare paratroopers were.

2. On the first turn of the drop the paratrooper attacks at a 2 then after that at a 1. This represents the suprise factor that a paradrop attack has on defenders then later the defenders regroup from the shock.

So what you guys think?

• 2007 AAR League

Sounds good to me!

• Sounds good to me. :wink:

Though, any idea idea on the cost and specs of the plane itself. It’s almost a waste to use bombers as transports due their worth (15 IPCs) and the fact that they’re usual more effective on Bombing Runs (netting 3.5 IPCs while the average territory is worth 2)

A C-47 might look like this

Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Movement: 4
    Cost: 5 IPC

a rough idea… but great for building mass aerial formations. :)

• Hhmm Glider units now that sounds nice. But mine would look like this:

Defense: 0
    Cost: 3

Gliders were not known to be armed and they were cheap to produce thus my stats.

• But with gliders, don’t you also need a plane to tow it?

As far as combat, how would that work? Do AA’s only fire at transports, or can Fighters also particpate in the engagement. I didn’t A&A:E SBRs rule would work better here.

• Use one fighter or bomber per glider. I would say about combat that the glider could not be used to absorb losses. The gliders were one shot guns!! Although maybe reducing the cost to 2 would balance the fact about not allowing it to be a loss. Any thoughts about this?

• The problem is that you’re still using one of your valuable ftr or bmb slots for a glider. And countries like Russia and US, which don’t have a large airforce early in the game can’t really utilize gliders effectly

I would say that Air Transports should be revised to the following stats

Defense: 0
    Cost: 4

I think that a cost of 4 since this puts them at half cost with transports (given their strengths and weaknesses). I agree, gliders should not take losses in combat, but what if the enemy strafes them on the ground? They’re virtually defenseless.

• No what I meant was in the attack the glider couldn’t be taken as a loss. And after that the glider would either be removed or reused.

For example: 3 paratroopers are attacking a area that has only 1 infantry.
    2 paratroopers roll a 3 thus a miss then the last one rolls a 2 a hit. The defending infantry rolls a 1 thus a hit. The attacking player couldn’t use a glider to absorb a hit.

If the gliders are in a area that’s under attack the defending player could not use them to take up losses!!

If the area is taken over the gliders are removed from play.

Common sense says you destory stuff that are about to be taken by the enemy.

I think you right though about using up fighters and bombers for that movement. I guess just move the glider with out them.

• I see. Or you could make it a rule that gliders immediatey have to find a place to land (in a allied held terriority) after dropping of their payload.

• But then how many men are in a one man AaA unit???
    if 10,000 then you need on average 500 planes to carry them…
    Maybe the Paratroops shouldn’t be a unit but they have a special abilities
    (First Round at 2 target no return fire…)

Just an Idea :wink:

• They’re not a special unit, just regular infantry with a free ride. :)

• I say this: The glider could either land or if it could go back to it’s starting point then it can.

• still how many Bombers are in a BOMBER unit…

• Don’t know … but, why not become a registered user?

• Have thought about it but don’t know how much info you need to give…not that I don’t mind giving info away but I do like privacy

• a bomber I see is a squadron of bombers, but for big stuff like BBs and ACs, I tend to give them individual ship names :)

• Who cares what size is piece is suppose to be? To me it’s already been equaled out by the makers of the game … so, in my mind each piece is only one (1) unit.

Also, to become registered requires very little information … and you can keep everything private. So hop on in – the water’s fine!

True MB… It is for fun mainly

• Eh, before you know it, you’ll becomea A&A Mega Addict.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m