HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• '16

@coachofmany:

We WILL start shipping on Monday May 5th. we have had many QC issues with this set.
    We are very sorry.

And with that news, I just had to order another 3 Jap expansion sets, for a total of 6.
    The thought of having only 6 of HBG’s Japanese subs & destroyers instead of 12 was killing me.
    MUST replace everything OOB with HBG…

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

We WILL start shipping on Monday May 5th. we have had many QC issues with this set.
    We are very sorry.

QC Issues? Did some pieces need to be re-cast or something?

• '12

Im sorry to hear that coach, hope everything is fine

• '14

I see the “Rails and Industry” expansion set being considered for production.

What would hypothetically be in this set?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@knp7765:

@coachofmany:

We are very sorry.

QC Issues? Did some pieces need to be re-cast or something?

The factory will re-run all the bad pieces but we are going through them and still producing sets. They are shipping out slowly, please bare with us.
    We are shipping out some every day, just slower than I would of liked.

@protevangelium:

I see the “Rails and Industry” expansion set being considered for production.

What would hypothetically be in this set?

Rules for Trains, train miniature, armored trains, factories, cities, etc

• '14

You sold me.  :-D

How far off is the WWI set?

UK Set, U.S. Set, Axis Minor Set, Facilities, French WW2, then French WW1

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Got my Japanese Expansion Set yesterday…

The pieces are excellent. Sculpts look wonderful, they are quite crisp and very detailed. Only have good things to say about them. Definitely the best so far. Keep it up guys.

While they are all great, my favorite piece is the Nagara. It is a unique and interesting ship which looks distinctive and beautiful. Best formed pieces are the Vals… incredibly smooth and even, they have no flaws.

@LHoffman:

Got my Japanese Expansion Set yesterday…

The pieces are excellent. Sculpts look wonderful, they are quite crisp and very detailed. Only have good things to say about them. Definitely the best so far. Keep it up guys.

While they are all great, my favorite piece is the Nagara. It is a unique and interesting ship which looks distinctive and beautiful. Best formed pieces are the Vals… incredibly smooth and even, they have no flaws.

That is good to hear LHoffman. I just hope I get mine soon. Thanks for sharing! :-)

@John:

That is good to hear LHoffman. I just hope I get mine soon. Thanks for sharing! :-)

I am sure you will… they are well worth the wait.

I just noticed on the website that the Axis Minor 2 Set shows and lists a Panther being in the set, however, the detail pictures still show a Tiger.

I am assuming that the Panther is the actual unit included…

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-Axis-Minor-2-Germany_p_1667.html

@LHoffman:

I just noticed on the website that the Axis Minor 2 Set shows and lists a Panther being in the set, however, the detail pictures still show a Tiger.

I am assuming that the Panther is the actual unit included…

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/HBG-Battle-Pieces–WW2-Axis-Minor-2-Germany_p_1667.html

Yes, and if you look at the list of pieces, it says there are two transports, but when you look at the pictures of the whole Axis Minor set, it does not show the transports, so I’m not sure. :?

• Can’t wait for my pre-order Japanese set II to get shipped.  But all the other units that I have received are some of the best units I have.

@LHoffman:

@John:

I am sure you will… they are well worth the wait.

I got one of my sets in today and your right these are awesome. The Yamato battleship is so much bigger now than the OOB ones. I will be replacing those OOB ones for sure. I’m super excited about the one your talking about as well. This is really a nice set. Great job guys on a terrific set.  :-)

• '16

Getting me all excited here.
    Man, can’t wait. Hope I get some before my next game.

@ch0senfktard:

Getting me all excited here.
    Man, can’t wait. Hope I get some before my next game.

Oh the Kikka Jet fighters are going to floor you! That was something that turned out really well as well. :-D

• Customizer

I got my order today for the Burnt Orange and Red pieces. They look fabulous. I really like the size of the Nagato and Yamato battleships. The Nagato is right about the same size as the OOB battleships and the Yamato is a good sight bigger. You could really tell the difference if they were on the game board.
    The D3A Val Dive Bombers are really nice looking. They set on the table just like the OOB and might be just a hair bigger.
    John Brown is right, the Kikka Jet fighters are really cool looking. Sort of like the Me262 but a little bigger with straighter wings.
    All of the ships look great. I really like HBG’s idea of putting the name on the bottom. Another example of 1st class service from HBG.
    I just LOVE the new tanks. Really great detail and size appropriate.
    The Type 89 Artillery looks great as well. I know it is supposed to be Japan’s heavy artillery, but I am tempted to use it as their regular artillery piece.

Here is a couple of my own ideas for a couple of the new pieces:
    Light Cruiser = A 3 D 2 M 2 C 10  Perhaps give ASW capabilities, bombard @ 2.
    Yamato Battleship = A 4 D 4 M 2 C 22  Takes 3 hits to sink. Rolls 2 dice and pick best result OR roll 1 dice and if a miss can re-roll. Bombard @ 4.

So do any of you like these or have better ideas? Also thought about giving the Yamato an attack @ 5 – too strong?

@knp7765:

I got my order today for the Burnt Orange and Red pieces. They look fabulous. I really like the size of the Nagato and Yamato battleships. The Nagato is right about the same size as the OOB battleships and the Yamato is a good sight bigger. You could really tell the difference if they were on the game board.
    The D3A Val Dive Bombers are really nice looking. They set on the table just like the OOB and might be just a hair bigger.
    John Brown is right, the Kikka Jet fighters are really cool looking. Sort of like the Me262 but a little bigger with straighter wings.
    All of the ships look great. I really like HBG’s idea of putting the name on the bottom. Another example of 1st class service from HBG.
    I just LOVE the new tanks. Really great detail and size appropriate.
    The Type 89 Artillery looks great as well. I know it is supposed to be Japan’s heavy artillery, but I am tempted to use it as their regular artillery piece.

Here is a couple of my own ideas for a couple of the new pieces:
    Light Cruiser = A 3 D 2 M 2 C 10  Perhaps give ASW capabilities, bombard @ 2.
    Yamato Battleship = A 4 D 4 M 2 C 22  Takes 3 hits to sink. Rolls 2 dice and pick best result OR roll 1 dice and if a miss can re-roll. Bombard @ 4.

So do any of you like these or have better ideas? Also thought about giving the Yamato an attack @ 5 – too strong?

If your going by the 1D6 system, it might be pretty powerful.

I like the roll 2 dice and pick the better result. If you have 3 hits and change the values, I think it becomes to powerful.

I would play test it too see how powerful each scenario is, then you would know.

If everyone agrees in your play group, then I say go for it in your home games.

I’m curious to how powerful it would be. :-)

• Customizer

Just got my first four sets in and they are fantastic! I have another seven I ordered in January and now I wish I had pre-ordered all at the same time. They do look VERY nice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m